Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal missions discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

took me ages for the ramming. one round on erlenberg, assault, we were about to cap, seen a leo1 stuck around where the spawn is. he only had 200hp, i yolod down the same slope.. hit him, didnt kill him and a team member shot him and i drowned.. i was fuming haha

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

Anybody else find that their win rate has dropped since the missions started? I've been struggling to get a 50% win rate for the day recently.

i was sitting at 51% for 2 years or so and recently went up to 52% yay haha.

last night was awful, played about 12 games, id say i won 2.. stressed out, just switched it off. just weird teams, had a team of blues and greens against yellows and ornages and my team yolo'd to death..

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

My win rate is fine.... but my WIN8 has taken a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

VikingG wrote: »
    My win rate is fine.... but my WIN8 has taken a hit

I'm the opposite. WN8 is on the up but victories are on the way down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Been having a miserable days for the missions. I'm painfully close to the StuG IV now, but the game won't play along.

Need to kill a higher tier heavy for med 15? All heavies vanish from the server.

Need 4k spotting for light 15? City maps continually.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »
    Been having a miserable days for the missions. I'm painfully close to the StuG IV now, but the game won't play along.

Need to kill a higher tier heavy for med 15? All heavies vanish from the server.

Need 4k spotting for light 15? City maps continually.

Same issue here. Am up to 11-13 on all the lines. But am stumped. Am thinking the light 4K spotting is easier using my T37, but I keep getting bad maps or a suicide scout who charge's ahead and gets all the easy spotting damage before being killed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tenger wrote: »
    Same issue here. Am up to 11-13 on all the lines. But am stumped. Am thinking the light 4K spotting is easier using my T37, but I keep getting bad maps or a suicide scout who charge's ahead and gets all the easy spotting damage before being killed.

I did an 8.1k spotting game only last week in my AMX 13-75 against tiers 10. And now, this week, in the AMX 13-90, I can barely get above 1k spotting damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Struggling with the 4k spotting mission myself. Might need to rope in a couple of arties into a platoon.

I did 3800 spotting twice in a row, and got an Ace Mastery for the second, but still so painfully short of the 4k.

• Advertisement

cant get anything done at weekend, ****in siemas everywhere

Got the 4k spotting damage done late last night on Malinovka. It was just a half-hearted attempt, didn't really think I was going to get it. I was actually playing some artillery battles too, to see if I could complete SPG 15 with honours and forget about LT 15.

At least the Stug is in my garage now and I can go back to playing somewhat normally with easier missions and more options.

nice one. im on platoon ones for arty and lt... load of gay

Just did another 3.5k spotting match, topped the team on XP, beating out all the tier 10s etc etc. It would have made much more sense to make the last light mission a combination of damage and spotting, teaching people that lights have the capacity for both, much in the same was as the heavy mission works. There's already lower missions that emphasis the usefulness of spotting.

well done ... I got to TD-15 and MD-15 and about 10th or 11th missions on all others so making steady progress.

Dont see how I will finish TD-15 though I have max tier 6 in TD and the most damage I have ever done was just over 3k.

So for the next TD do you reccommend the SU-152 or the JPanther as the best T7 TD for getting damage

Without a tier 9 or 10, it could be a miserable time doing that one. For a Jagd E100, it's just a matter of firing four times essentially. For a Tortoise, it's every second match. Get the SU-152 upto an ISU-152, and you could start using the BL-10 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did the TD mission in Borsik. It was a lot of luck in tier 10 game. It is pretty hard for average player like myself do 4k damage in In borsik.
    I can see that Russian TD line be just awesome for it though.

I finally did my ramming mission and a few other ones. I need to do platoon ones now, but my buddies dont play much now. Hopefully my buddy will be able to do it with me tomorrow. We will try to do both in T34 platoon.

I did got Mastary badge in KV-5 when tried to get that mission done where I need to block enough damage and do 1k damage lol. I did 4k damage and blocked 4k damage. I would have done the last misison in that game too!

Did platoon missions for heavies last night. Fired up my IS-7 today and did mission in first go lol. 3.5k damage 3.9k damage blocked and then got blown up. :D

Now I got a problem... I rushed up and set my first female crew member as a commander for e75. Thing is I already had a good commander there and I though brothers in arms stacks with sisters of steel. :(
    This female crew would be perfect for my frenchies heavy line. I am thinking to put my old commander in e75 ( from tiger 2) and retrain my female for other german tank, but I dont really want to work on any more german lines anymore.
    I wonder would I be able to get my female crew member reset. :(

BIA and SoS do not work together. There's a display bug that claims they do, but in reality they don't.

Just did another excellent AMX 13-90 game, ace mastery, just under 4k direct damage and 2k spotting damage. I destroyed higher tier heavies, opposing lights. I performed both passive and active spotting, flanked enemies and moved to support an undefended approach to save our arty. It's everything a light tank should be doing. And it's nothing for the purposes of the last light mission.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I did zero damage when I completed LT-15 so I wasn't 100% helping my team. I think a mix of spotting and damage dealt of 4k or even 5k would be both easier and better.

Perhaps consider bringing a couple of arty with you in platoon just to finish it.

Guys, any tips on setting bastards on fire in medium tanks? I heard there is particular ammo that helps to set bastards on fire easier? Aiming for engine is given! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Guys, any tips on setting bastards on fire in medium tanks? I heard there is particular ammo that helps to set bastards on fire easier? Aiming for engine is given! :pac:
    Good AP rounds honestly as nothing has higher chance beyond HE (and on a medium HE is not going to penetrate far enough to push the damage). I'd also probably say auto loader so you can dump a clip into their engine area to set it on fire (having said that I got mine in a random game of WZ121 without even thinking about it as I always aim for engine area given a chance for fire!).

1 got that fire one first time by chance in my m48 patton, hot a fv215b 183 dead on side and "enemy torched".. so lucky.

im stuck on a few since the first week.

ht15 - done it twice before i had to do it for mission 15.. now cant get it.

lt11? - join in a platoon of 1 lt and 1/2 spg and get 1500 platoon spotting damage. tried it a few times with aenaes and can never get the dam thing. seems so easy.. might need to re buy a tier 8 lt, been doing it in type 64 (done all my lt missions in that)

stopped trying now tbh, pain in the arse when your stuck on one

lt-11 was tough... I just made a platoon with some guys I found on the general chat channel who turned out to be sound.... it took about 8 matches until I got prokhorovka .... or the fiery variant of it..... took off in my T71 and hid in the bush in E1 ... the match ended in a draw but easily got the damage.

my in game name is GreenViking so invite me if you want me to platoon with you

Finally. Finally bloody did it. Did it on Steppes, doing 4207 spotting damage, more than a third (1650) of which was due to a low IQ KV-4 trundling out into the open and getting duly twatted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Spear wrote: »
    Finally. Finally bloody did it. Did it on Steppes, doing 4207 spotting damage, more than a third (1650) of which was due to a low IQ KV-4 trundling out into the open and getting duly twatted.

God bless numpties who give free damage to all

finally got ht15 done last night in IS7, took about 3 games, got into a side scraping position against an obj 263, is7, obj268 and is3. i just kept sidescraping, letting them track me over and over, they were afraid to rush me as i had backup (something very fookin unusual in wot pub games)

i died in the end, 2100 of my hp, 4.5k damage, 3.5k blocked...

also platooned up with a tier 10 and 8 arty from random chat for few games and got LT11 done.

all i need is to finish the LT mission 15 with honours and i get my stug and get to start new missions.

bought the tier 7 us light (m41?) and had a few games last night, even stock its nice.

panther ii is class, dunno why people hate it.
    gettin a bit better in pta, still dismall stats in it at the moment, lower dpg than my tier 6 medium lol. pos

copeyhagen wrote: »
    finally got ht15 done last night in IS7, took about 3 games, got into a side scraping position against an obj 263, is7, obj268 and is3. i just kept sidescraping, letting them track me over and over, they were afraid to rush me as i had backup (something very fookin unusual in wot pub games)

i died in the end, 2100 of my hp, 4.5k damage, 3.5k blocked...

also platooned up with a tier 10 and 8 arty from random chat for few games and got LT11 done.

all i need is to finish the LT mission 15 with honours and i get my stug and get to start new missions.

bought the tier 7 us light (m41?) and had a few games last night, even stock its nice.

panther ii is class, dunno why people hate it.
    gettin a bit better in pta, still dismall stats in it at the moment, lower dpg than my tier 6 medium lol. pos

WG (Storm at least) have stated there'll be a round of updates and corrections to the personal missions:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/17/storms-microdigest-qa/

Hopefully the fundamentally misjudged light missions will get gutted down to reasonable levels, ones that actually depend upon the player and not purely random elements.

• Advertisement

i would be happier if the platoon missions were removed. normally i would only ever platoon u with my brother, but he doesnt have any arty of light tanks, so hes not doin the missions anyway.

me and aeneas had a few good toon games. i actually found the medium and td missions enjoyable, ht wasnt too bad either. but lights have felt like a pain.

arty i done the first 10 maybe and found them easy, but i really really dispise playing arty!

Advertisement