Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 24th May 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    mattie-mcgrath.jpg

Don Matty-ony

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Time to hit the hay,

The big one next week...the finale!

Nos da!
    Does anybody else think that the only good late late show this year was the one pat kenny presented a couple of months back?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Does anybody else think that the only good late late show this year was the one pat kenny presented a couple of months back?

Missed that one, but it has been pretty bad for a while now.

Does Ryan have much input as far as picking the guests is concerned? Or is that the producers?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

The only thing that could make it worth watching next week is if these lads were all on together :D

Alan-Shatter-TD.jpg

garda-commissioner-gra-crime-310x415.jpg

mattie-mcgrath.jpg

wallace-mick.jpg
    + luke ming flanagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was wondering how we could do something to make the finale very entertaining, enjoyable night for everybody... The only thing I can think of at the moment is for none of us to watch the show.. :)
    Has there ever been a proper late late drinking game? I know it's veenmentioned but has there been such a thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

jjf1974 wrote: »
    + luke ming flanagan.

No, he'd only deflect attention from Shatter-Gate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Has there ever been a proper late late drinking game? I know it's veenmentioned but has there been such a thing?

Yes. Every time an A-list celebrity appears on the Late Late, we down a bottle of whiskey in one go. So far I've only had to buy one bottle of Jameson but I haven't drank it yet, as Tom Cruise is a bit of a twat.

Niall Mooney stole the show! Thought he hit some bum notes at first but he was just throwin in a bit of jazz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

No, he'd only deflect attention from Shatter-Gate ;)

Ah now for hilarity purposes you need blondie, Ming and Clare Daly (the three amigo's).

Great to see the kid happy with his wig, but did they really have to parade him on a turntable like George doors on shooting stars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

cofy wrote: »
    Ah now for hilarity purposes you need blondie, Ming and Clare Daly (the three amigo's).

I cannot believe we have these three plonkers in our Dail.

I despair really. I spoke to a colleague who gave me a speel about said gobdaws being a "breath of fresh air".

I would have laughed out loud except he was deadly serious and thought they were doing the country a service. Bursting his bubble seemed so cruel.

Sometimes there are no words.

Harry Angstrom......I've a complaint about tonight's movie. I'm sorry but this is probably the worst movie you've ever recommended :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Harry Angstrom......I've a complaint about tonight's movie. I'm sorry but this is probably the worst movie you've ever recommended :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Excuse me, I did say it was the best of a VERY bad bunch ;)

Harry Angstrom takes no responsibility for the enjoyment or otherwise of his recommended films. E&OE

Harry Angstrom takes no responsibility for the enjoyment or otherwise of his recommended films. E&OE
    I'm sorry Mr. Angstrom but that defense doesn't stand up at all. If you were going to rely on that defense, you should have posted it will your recommendation so we were all aware of the terms and conditions :p

I'm sorry Mr. Angstrom but that defense doesn't stand up at all. If you were going to rely on that defense, you should have posted it will your recommendation so we were all aware of the terms and conditions :p

Having taken legal advice from A. Shatter QC, I shall make no further comment.........

Having taken legal advice from A. Shatter QC, I shall make no further comment.........
    Queen's Counsel eh?

I'll get Michael McDowell SC to sort him out :p

Enya scribbles a grand oul choon all the same..

Queen's Counsel eh?

I'll get Michael McDowell SC to sort him out :p

Shatter thinks we're still part of the Empire ;)

Enya scribbles a grand oul choon all the same..
    What?? Exactly how much have you been drinking tonight?

Shatter thinks we're still part of the Empire ;)
    Nice come back Harry!

Shatter is only a solicitor, he's not a qualified barrister.

• Advertisement

What?? Exactly how much have you been drinking tonight?

Only two cans.. €2.19 euro I worked out..

Here's the Will Smith thing they are all going on about..

It was about as spontaneous as a Tubridy interview.

Nice come back Harry!

Shatter is only a solicitor, he's not a qualified barrister.

In his own head he's the ruler of the world, MrsD. Not to mention a chick-lit author of world renown.......

EDIT: You do know I'm referring to Alec Shatter QC, don't you??

;)

EDIT: You do know I'm referring to Alec Shatter QC, don't you??
    ;)
    LOL :D

You've been watching too many episodes of Kavanagh QC, Harry :p

I'm off to bed,

Goodnight Folks :)

I hate Pauline McLynn's posh voice on those Sky ads.. Worse than Charlie..

mattie-mcgrath.jpg

wallace-mick.jpg

If you combine those two I imagine it'd look like the bad guy in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

This Tubridy Show was one of the better ones. But nothing too exciting but at least Anne Doyle and the Fair City sections were entertaining and the music was above average for a change as well.

However, the poor girl who got the hair transplant and started crying showed Tubridy was not able to handle anything off the script. And the Chelsea what do you call it thing was there to prove the type of stuff that dominated this season's Tubridy Show, the weakest season yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

just watched on sky +, between this thread and fast forward button Saw enough in 5 mins, After seeing Niall Boylan don't know if I can listen to him on classic hits, talking anything serious without laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

monkey9 wrote: »

I'll take Fr Noel over Tubridy any day.

• Advertisement

When it comes to tubs and the late late, RTE have an excuse for everything. In this case, ie not being as good as norton, the excuse is "but they have a larger license fee paying public, we could not afford those guests......"

B0llox...
    If tubs had the same guests Norton had this week it would have been like this....

"any irish in you?.. Will ..i'd say you were the messer down the back of the class, (ignores Heather graham)....michael tell us all about your cancer and your wifes recent illness, will.... will ya do the dance???"

the fact is replace tubs (not with miriam) and you have already improved the show.

Advertisement