Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic/Cregg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shasheen

5fingers06 wrote: »
    I did aptitude same week and have been called for interview next week so maybe they are waiting for numbers I know they took on 30 plus yesterday what did they ask in the interview , how long did it take

Interview is formal, but relaxed, but that could just have been down to who I was interviewed by as she was a very nice friendly lady.
    Know a bit about the company, and what they do, recent expansions, and have an answer prepared for the usual questions "why do you want to work for Medtronic?" "What can you contribute as an employee?" Etc.
    They will then ask you to give details of times you worked as part of a team, give examples of how you have had to pay close attention to detail, just try and use any good examples, even if they aren't exactly in the same line of work, (I referred to previous work experience although it was in retail, and projects and assignments for university.)
    Learn a little about "lean production / lean manufacturing" as they will ask you do you know what this is.
    They asked me had I experience in labs, clean rooms and microscope work but having that experience does not seem to be the inference between being hired or not.
    All in all I think I was in there about 15 minutes.

The medical takes a similar amount of time and you do this out in Medtronic. They go through your full medical history with you, and then check your: height, weight, sight, hearing, blood pressure, lung function, and they take urine and blood samples to test for drugs in your system.

I hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 5fingers06

I did aptitude same week and have been called for interview next week so maybe they are waiting for numbers I know they took on 30 plus yesterday what did they ask in the interview , how long did it take

Thank you great help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 obrienreb

Has anyone heard from cregg recently about operator jobs ..I did the assement the 23 July ..then I did the interview the following week followed by medical .. I rang them recently regarding the medical and they said that I passed and that they are waiting on contracts from Medtronic .does that mean that I got the job??? And has anyone been contacted by cregg regarding a start date.thanks :)

obrienreb wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from cregg recently about operator jobs ..I did the assement the 23 July ..then I did the interview the following week followed by medical .. I rang them recently regarding the medical and they said that I passed and that they are waiting on contracts from Medtronic .does that mean that I got the job??? And has anyone been contacted by cregg regarding a start date.thanks :)

Hey, I did the assessment the same date as you, and interview and medical shortly afterwards. Still haven't heard anything, it's quite frustrating really. I phoned Cregg last Friday and they said the same thing, that I had passed everything and that they would be in contact to arrange starting once Medtronic tell them that they need staff. They seem to be hiring continuously but I don't know how many could be waiting to start before us.

• Advertisement

Hi I did assessment the 25 july and ownly go interview and medical this week they said id get the results next week did they ring you with the results when they said they would. I was told the whole process takes over a month

• Registered Users Posts: 33 diar1000

Hi all, i am just wondering what is the general wage of a operator for medtronic starting out.
    thanks

Hi I did assessment the 25 july and ownly go interview and medical this week they said id get the results next week did they ring you with the results when they said they would. I was told the whole process takes over a month

No I never heard a thing from them after the interview and medical, even though they told me there and then that I had passed provided nothing showed up in my bloods. Eventually after like 3 weeks I gave in and phoned them as I was getting a bit paranoid and they said I'd passed everything and they'd be in contact once Medtronic contacted them to get them more staff and that "it shouldn't be too long" but haven't heard anything else since!

i had interview tuesday they said to me medtronic looking for 120 people and that creggs havent let anyone go for over a year looking good
    i was offered another job as packer day before interview and something tells me it was fate
    medtronic is a very competitive place and little chance of progression without relevant degrees and so on and i think it wouldnt be a friendly place

they said to me to choose what days hours id like to work and said there looking for new people asap

hmmmm

goodluk

Did you take the job or are you waiting on Medtronic

Hi all has anyone been hired from the july25 assessment yet or have been told a starting day thank you

• Advertisement

Hi all has anyone been hired from the july25 assessment yet or have been told a starting day thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 heythereall

No I still have heard nothing more less told at interview and medical that would be offered a job but now one month later and still no word. It would help if they called or emailed to let people know that there is a job and in what time period would they be waiting for. It is annoying as do I look else where? Or wait if I wait for how long? Medtronic is the company I want as I am going to be doing a Msc in biomedical engineering in the next year or two and I think it is a good company for advancement in.

No I still have heard nothing more less told at interview and medical that would be offered a job but now one month later (that is one month since medical, almost two since the assessment) and still no word. It would help if they called or emailed to let people know that there is a job and in what time period would they be waiting for. It is annoying as do I look else where? Or wait if I wait for how long? Medtronic is the company I want as I am going to be doing a Msc in biomedical engineering in the next year or two and I think it is a good company for advancement in.

Im on the same boat but its a good sign if no one got a call back yet. We just got to wait so I suppose. Ty

Im on the same boat but its a good sign if no one got a call back yet. We just got to wait so I suppose. Ty

It's really frustrating that they said it was immediate start and it's clearly isn't

Yip just like sitting ducks not many jobs around for recent graduates so they know they can mess people about like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cateog

I was talking to a girl in Creggs office and she told me they have a warm pool of people I .e. Those who pass interview medical and ref checks. Apparently it only after that are you considered for a job and if so it's when Medtronic look for people they call people from their warm pool. My cousin didn't even pass the interview stage so it's not automatic you have a job

Has anyone heard anything back from cregg recently .. I'm beginning to think there not hiring at all...

I haven't heard anything. Ya its been a long wait when you dont know whats going on

I haven't heard anything. Ya its been a long wait when you dont know whats going on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

So, ya didn't hear anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

So, ya didn't hear anything back?

What gives you that idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

What gives you that idea?

Fingers 5 times

Cregg keep saying there is a slow down in training packages from Medtronic so I'm guessing they over estimated the amount of new staff they needed and that's why they aren't getting back to anyone

Everyones guessing in reality no one knows ownly cregg

• Advertisement

Advertisement