Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay HSE by card?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

aaakev wrote: »
    Never heard this, why exactly do we need to register our kids again??

As in after marriage or before?

Apologies to mod for derailing the original thread but I was just so incensed this morning I needed to post about it!

We were told this morning that after marriage we need to re-register the births to reflect the change in marital status of their parents as currently they are regarded as "illegitimate" 😡😡😡

Apart from the archaic language that is still being used to describe innocent children born to parents who are not married, surely the fact that as I mentioned previously children of parents who subsequently divorce do not need new birth certs to "reflect change in marital status" makes no sense.

I'm definitely going to try and get more information around this as it really really gets to me that because we chose to have our kids before we got married they are considered inferior in Irish law. The mind seriously boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I was told its because my new name will be relisted and at the moment both parents are listed as single. Basically a nice way of saying they are illegitimate!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I was told its because my new name will be relisted and at the moment both parents are listed as single. Basically a nice way of saying they are illegitimate!

We were told similar to what you were told but the point needs to be made that surely the birth cert at the time of registration reflects all the correct details at the time of registration?!

My occupation has changed numerous times since my first was born, people could've moved address, unmarried parents are always told that the surname chosen at the time cannot be changed regardless of future events so wtf is the attitude with insisting births are re-registered and paid for again?! Maybe I should be posting in the Legal Forum!

What if the bride wants to keep her surname after marriage and doesn't take her husbands. Aaaargh! I need to relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

ted1 wrote: »
    That's an 80km round trip, all in probably 4 hours. Just over 50 an hour isn't a bad rate

I'm just surprised at the huge variations in how the HSE charges mileage in different contexts- mileage isn't usually done on an hourly rate, just distance. As I'd said earlier, I used to work for them in a medical capacity and the mileage rate was €0.40/km (regardless of how many hour I spent on the road), I'm curious as to why different staff get different rates- I'd love to know the rationale. (But that's not a discussion for this thread!) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

fannymagee wrote: »
    I'm just surprised at the huge variations in how the HSE charges mileage in different contexts- mileage isn't usually done on an hourly rate, just distance. As I'd said earlier, I used to work for them in a medical capacity and the mileage rate was €0.40/km (regardless of how many hour I spent on the road), I'm curious as to why different staff get different rates- I'd love to know the rationale. (But that's not a discussion for this thread!) ;-)

What people here are paying isn't what the HSE are paying their staff though.

The HSE may be charging those getting married for the staff's time. The staff will receive their wage as normal but obviously while they're driving to and from a venue they're not available to do the other stuff the HSE needs them to do.

It'd make sense for the rate charged to be much higher than what the HSE actually pays out in mileage. Looks to me like they're mostly charging about E50/hour out of the office + mileage @ 40c/km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

What people here are paying isn't what the HSE are paying their staff though.

The HSE may be charging those getting married for the staff's time. The staff will receive their wage as normal but obviously while they're driving to and from a venue they're not available to do the other stuff the HSE needs them to do.

It'd make sense for the rate charged to be much higher than what the HSE actually pays out in mileage. Looks to me like they're mostly charging about E50/hour out of the office + mileage @ 40c/km

Gotcha. I'll stand down my demands for back-pay so ;-)

Advertisement