Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do with Sheamus?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could you imagine if Sheamus returned at the Rumble , Then Balor debuted as well but then eliminated Sheamus him which would allow Sheamus to do his heel turn and they went onto a great rivalry towards Wrestlemania ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Could you imagine if Sheamus returned at the Rumble , Then Balor debuted as well but then eliminated Sheamus him which would allow Sheamus to do his heel turn and they went onto a great rivalry towards Wrestlemania ha

Obviously both are from the Republic but any excuse to post this:

Maybe Becky can eventually attack Paige and do the fued. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was he suppose to return at the rumble?

I seen on another post him Vs. Bryan is the plan for WM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Him vs Byan pre show
    Him vs Bryan 18 second match
    Him vs Bryan supposedly planned last year till the yes movement
    Him vs Bryan this year potentially

obviously I dunno if last and this year are confirmed but um... WWE kinda need to get a bit more creative... WWE Creative :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Him vs Byan pre show
    Him vs Bryan 18 second match
    Him vs Bryan supposedly planned last year till the yes movement
    Him vs Bryan this year potentially

obviously I dunno if last and this year are confirmed but um... WWE kinda need to get a bit more creative... WWE Creative :P

The fans will crap on that too and deservingly so. Vince thinks the fans want Bryan to get his revenge for the 18 seconds loss, they throw Bryan the win to please the crowd and put it on first to warm the crowd up and get the man Vince seriously hates out of the way. No disrespect to Sheamus but Bryan deserves better then that. It's a feud I like to see over one or two B PPV's but WM 31, god no.

But it would be a great 20 minute match. But a total nothing match and a major step down from WM 30. I see it happening though with a 2 week build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Seamus and Bryan had this feud already and it was awesome at least give them something fresh for wrestlemania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Seamus and Bryan had this feud already and it was awesome at least give them something fresh for wrestlemania

Only one awesome thing came out of their feud that was the Extreme Rules match and the fact bryan got over when Vince went out to bury him.

What can you give them that will make it Fresh? They wrestled at WM twice before, Sheamus ever since that 18 second debacle hasn't been worth anything (a great worker though) while Bryan has gone on to become a star. WWE will get ****ted on if they even attempt to have Sheamus beat Bryan even if the match is great at WM, they are asking for trouble then.

Why does Vince have such a hard on for Sheamus vs Bryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

So he's on the way back, and looking to fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'd love to see a heel Seamus work a programme with dean ambrose I think they would work well together. I'd love to see him go full on heel beating the **** out of people , proper heel beatdowns dished out.

• Advertisement

at least that promo seems more serious in tone so hopefully he tones down on the big smiley headed cena lite style humour. I know people want him as a heel but just being more serious would be fine by me. Would also like to see them have a three way or four way feud for the IC belt going into mania. Yes it's kinda an excuse to get people on the card but Barrett vs Ambrose vs Sheamus would be quality imo

Firstly WHERE IS HE?

Secondly he's hanging on to that beard it seems:
    https://twitter.com/BigJtheBarber/status/577905639508291584

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Will he return to win the Andre match at mania. It would be a nice reintroduction.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Will he return to win the Andre match at mania. It would be a nice reintroduction.

According to Meltzer et al. he is coming back as a MAIN EVENT heel.

I think Reigns's first post-Mania challenger being Big Show or Kane would be sooooooooooooooo lame. Even if Wyatt beats Undertaker he's still not the guy IMO. Daniel Bryan was done at Fastlane. Rollins is obviously a fine challenger but I'd save the MITB cash in for closer to the Summer. I think a fresh, newly minted heel Sheamus would be a good idea for Reign's first PPV as Champion. Match quality wise too.

So I would have Sheamus win the Andre match.

The return as a heel probably fits with the videos. They are short of quality heels. It would be fantastic to see him return in that role.

The return as a heel probably fits with the videos. They are short of quality heels. It would be fantastic to see him return in that role.

You can argue Sheamus's words are both boastful in terms of listing his accomplishments and bitter in the sense he needs to list them in a "you've forgotten about me" or "fans don't truly respect me" type way.

The WWE Dublin poster has Reigns, Big Show, Bryan and Sheamus. I know the show is in his hometown town but you can read it as advertising Reigns vs Big Show and Bryan vs Sheamus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Do you have a link to that post there rovert or is it just the lineup area on the tours section of WWE.com? They usually just give a list of talent appearing but aren't specific about what matches are going to be taking place. Anyway, I would have liked to have seen him in the ladder match but will still be stoked if he comes in and wins the battle royal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

He is holding onto that hat in a lot of his photos. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm sure he'll look a little bit different to how we remember him when he finally makes his return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If he comes back as heel, how would they go about it, I wonder. I doubt they'd get that from him just going after Reigns and going after anyone else would mean a feud with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't see a shortage of good to great heels, or potential heels, but I do understand that there's a very fine line that has to be ridden in order to be a heel who can generate that classic reaction from the audience. Seems a lot of times these days that heels who are too entertaining start getting cheers. As they say, all the great faces started off as heels.

I can only imagine Sheamus being a maniac bully type heel but they've already got Kane (or the 'demon' Kane) for that role so it's not something Sheamus can do uniquely. I'm having a hard time really thinking of what really sets Sheamus apart as a character in terms of his physical style or manner. The look and the accent are good differentiators in presentation but even they are getting old.

• Advertisement

Remember suggesting on here a few weeks ago if he wasn't going to be in the ladder match I thought he'd win the Battle Royal (think It was Rovert saying they wouldnt put him straight into a ladder match where he got injured before on his return) and now with them having dragged out his return essentially all the way to mania so he couldnt have been booked in any other bout that is my prediction.

Could make a good precident then if he does get a shot at reigns after, make being the BR winner an even bigger thing with the appearance that the winner might get pushed (unlike Cesaro).

Sheamo this weekend:
    CAxha95W8AAA1Gs.jpg

Some fan needs to knock the cap off his head to find out if he is a baldy.

Maybe it was an accident at Carmella's Salon:

carmellaenzo.png

Meltzer
    --Sheamus is scripted and will be part of Sunday's show.

So there you go.

Gruaig update
    CBPauFOWoAAGaOB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Brendão wrote: »
    He looks completely bald under the cap? (No sideburns or hair at the back) Has he shaved off all his hair? Part of me wishes he would go all out and have a gimmick like this, but it would probably be hokey in reality.
    b2b_PEG_54-134_1.jpg
    I hope Sheamus has a mad looking Mohawk under that hat.

Some quotes from January^^^

RAW
    I still think he needs to change up the ring gear. The beard and mohawk are fine with me, but he needs CM Punk style wrist tape, maybe some sort of chest piece that can be easily removed for matches and older, more authentic looking boots and kneepads. He had plenty of time to work on it.

I hope Sheamus has a mad looking Mohawk under that hat.

Well how do you like it? ;)

I like the new look myself. Could do with a wardrobe change, nothing too dramatic, doesn't want to turn into a comedy piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Doubt they will as he said he always says he wants to stay away from the stereotypes, but I'd love to see him up the hooligan side of things.

He has cemeted himself as probably the best brawler in fed. An APA-esque fighter/bully could be great.

For Smackdown
    Sheamus/Barrett V Ziggler/Bryan

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    Well how do you like it? ;)

I like the new look myself. Could do with a wardrobe change, nothing too dramatic, doesn't want to turn into a comedy piece.

It's a change he needed anyway. Might look better on him if it wasn't spiked up.

What's he do with that mohawk when he's not wrestling? Does he just stuff it under a cap, or let it flop into a center parting?

Well he has had his cap on non stop in any pics ive seen of him pre Raw anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with his character rather than his look? :pac:

I feel he's stale, even tho he's just back, I think we need to see some sort of storyline that provokes emotion as opposed to another feud with just matches.

No doubt Sheamus/Ambrose Sheamus/Ziggler Sheamus/Bryan could all be good but there has to be substance to it IMO. I really want to see his character evolve rather than just beating on people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with his character rather than his look? :pac:

I feel he's stale, even tho he's just back, I think we need to see some sort of storyline that provokes emotion as opposed to another feud with just matches.

No doubt Sheamus/Ambrose Sheamus/Ziggler Sheamus/Bryan could all be good but there has to be substance to it IMO. I really want to see his character evolve rather than just beating on people.

Agreed! He'll need to have a good reason for being heel, beating on popular faces etc. Do we trust the writers to get deep with it and make sense though.

Brendão wrote: »
    Agreed! He'll need to have a good reason for being heel, beating on popular faces etc. Do we trust the writers to get deep with it and make sense though.

Hahahaha don't be silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Smackdown spoiler:
    He had new music and he got over well as a heel. It was a favorable crowd who cheered the faces and booed the heels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I actually like the look for a heel.

A lot of people look a guy with a mohawk and think "douchebag".

It's perfect.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ruu wrote: »
    For Smackdown
    Sheamus/Barrett V Ziggler/Bryan

Smackdown
    Match was changed to an one on one, Sheamus Vs Bryan. Sheamus wins by countout as Barrett who was commentating hit Bryan with the bullhammer on the outside. Looks like they are going for a triple threat or a fatal four way for the Intercontenial title at Extreme Rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

As long as it's not the cowardly heel route :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

harney wrote: »
    As long as it's not the cowardly heel route :/

Agreed, Sheamus needs to be a hard hitting monster heel.

JR on Sheamus becoming a villain.
    If Sheamus is going to become a villain, which I like BTW, hopefully he will master many of the villain nuances that others have failed to prioritize such as cheating to gain an unfair advantage and selling like a villain. Sheamus needs to also be as physical as possible until it is time for him to acquire the 'limber tail' in his matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was worried when I heard Sheamus got a new entrance but I have to say I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I was worried when I heard Sheamus got a new entrance but I have to say I really like it.

I'm not a fan of Sheamus but I thought that entrance & theme was cool

Was stiff as **** with Bryan, a bit sloppy as well

• Advertisement

TBH Bryan seems intent on having stiff matches with him taking stupid risky moves. He wants that Brock match and looks to be trying to prove he is able for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Strong dislike of Sheamo, very boring and no charisma. Give me Drew McIntyre over him anyday

Sheamus was dull as a face. Vince is surprisingly bad at booking faces so i don't really think it was down to Sheamus.

Sheamus is doing the whole big bully heel thing, which is cool, but right now it doesn't stand out too much. There's other wrestlers who can fill that role. Sheamus will have to develop his personality a little bit and be allowed to talk at some point in order to really get across this change in personality, and just his general motivation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

briany wrote: »
    Sheamus is doing the whole big bully heel thing, which is cool, but right now it doesn't stand out too much. There's other wrestlers who can fill that role. Sheamus will have to develop his personality a little bit and be allowed to talk at some point in order to really get across this change in personality, and just his general motivation.

I suppose time will tell. I hope they stay away from the whole i hate America **** since they Rusev doing that. If giving the time i can see Sheamus being a great heel

• Advertisement
Advertisement