Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Second Leg - El Classico - Camp Nou 25th January

• 24-01-2012 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow night see's the continuation of last weeks dramatic tie, between Spains big two. Kick off is at 21.00

Barca lead 2-1 after the match in Madrid last week. 2 vital away goals!

I'm not going to do a big introduction to this game or any thing. Every one know's what to expect at this stage..
    But please, please, please can you folks at least keep it to talk of the actual game. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

I want Madrid to win but I think they'll collapse and lose heavily.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Tie far from over. I see something similar to the CL 2nd leg. Barcelona looking to see it out, Madrid scoring and then all bets are off. Wouldn't rule out Madrid going through yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Can't wait to see if Pepe plays or not and the reaction he's given. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Jernal wrote: »
    Can't wait to see if Pepe plays or not and the reaction he's given. :D

If he steps foot on the field I fully expect the Blaugrana faithful to tear him a new one..

I expect a more even, fluid game tomorrow night than we had last week.
    I can't wait for it now :D

Oh team news for Barca, Pedro is back in the squad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Barcelona are simply a better team than Real and will progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Didn't want to create a new topic, but in the other game Mirandes (3rd division) knocked out Espanyol with a 93rd minute winner, fans all over the pitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Comfortable Barca victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Didn't want to create a new topic, but in the other game Mirandes (3rd division) knocked out Espanyol with a 93rd minute winner, fans all over the pitch :D

Cost me over 200 euros with that last minute goal :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    If he steps foot on the field I fully expect the Blaugrana faithful to tear him a new one..

I surprised they haven't before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Cost me over 200 euros with that last minute goal :(

I feel your pain ruined my accumulator the feckers:(

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hopefully we get none of the silly stuff that ruined the first game. Gonna tune in anyways but I'll turn it off if they start that stupid diving rubbish again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I would love to see a Madrid win here but I can't see anything other than a Barca one. Madrid are one of the few teams who can actually put it up to Barca but they seem afraid of them of them anytime they play, especially when they take the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

I predict another Barça win.

also hoping Pepe gets a ban this morning. not because he would influence the game in their favour, but because he really, really deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hopefully we get none of the silly stuff that ruined the first game. Gonna tune in anyways but I'll turn it off if they start that stupid diving rubbish again.

The first leg was intolerable. Hopefully both sides can kop on and try to behave with a semblence of manliness over the 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I hope Madrid win. By any means necessary.

Des wrote: »

They will try...

Can't stand the thuggery of Madrid and Mou when compared to the class of Barca and Pep.

Quote fro Pep when quizzed last night about his thoughts on Pepe and Madrids robust approach "“Since I was a boy, I was taught that if there is kicking in a match, it’s because you are playing too slowly. We have to play fast to avoid contact,” Guardiola said. “Let’s leave Pepe alone. He’ll play if Mourinho so decides. Let’s hope for a beautiful game. You have to forget the past.”
    Legend :D

They will try...

Can't stand the thuggery of Madrid and Mou when compared to the class of Barca and Pep.

Quote fro Pep when quizzed last night about his thoughts on Pepe and Madrids robust approach "“Since I was a boy, I was taught that if there is kicking in a match, it’s because you are playing too slowly. We have to play fast to avoid contact,” Guardiola said. “Let’s leave Pepe alone. He’ll play if Mourinho so decides. Let’s hope for a beautiful game. You have to forget the past.”
    Legend :D

They are equally classless, you just can't process that fact for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Another El Classico that will no doubt leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Hoping for a bit of football without the kicking and the theatrics but that looks very unlikely really.

I'd like Real to win and go through but I dont think it will happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Come on Barca! Best team to watch in the world!!

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They are equally classless, you just can't process that fact for whatever reason.

Nah mate you really have to stop thinking you know Barca when clearly you don't. Watching 10-12 of their games through-out a season doesn't give you the right to come onto these classico threads and call Barca what you like. Well actually, sorry you do have the right. But by only using diving as an example your looking hideously bitter.

Fact of the matter is, Barca beat most teams comfortably, and that's because most teams do not go out to kick Barca off the pitch, they come to play football and obey the laws of the game.

When Madrid come out and start kicking out, Barca dive.. We've been through this a million and one times. Diving is not some thing we see from Barca week in week out, it's almost only in games against a Mou ran team (Chelsea back 4 or 5 years ago, then Inter and now Madrid)

I remember all this talk going on before the United game last may.. Then Barca went out and spent the game playing pure class football and all they haters and nay-sayers seemed to vanish.

Both clubs bring out the worst in each other, but Madrid as a footballing institution, it is starting to become nothing more than a cauldron of jealousy towards Barca and the world, heck even their own fans have started to acknowledge the errors in their ways with Pepe and Ronaldo coming under some heavy criticism over the past few weeks.

Oh and @ Lloyd did you read the quote at the end of that from Pep? Can you honestly tell me that Mou, or Madrid have have the self respect, modesty or integrity Guardiola has? NOT A CHANCE

Any way, I am going to ask everyone to keep this about the game, possible line outs, score etc.

Lets leave the prejudice any one may have out... until after the game at least :D

And when they dive, they lose all pretensions of class.

How about their pursuit of Fabregas? Classy bunch all told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Real and Mourinho to finally get over their Barca mental block. They'll go out and attack and win by 2 goals. Barca won't know what hit them.

Wild prediction but I might just put a few quid on a Real qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Have to agree

With the Fab deal and when they turned on the sprinklers when Inter beat them at Nou Camp. Thats when i lost the respect i had for Barca. They seem have this notion that they are the above the law

Ah come on now this again.. really? grave digging much?
    Cesc wanted to leave Arsenal, and Arsenal would not budge. Barca added pressure, by a few bizzare statements and moments from close friends of Cesc's, who indeed done the Barca colours. But what I find ironic about it all is just how happy Cesc is now at Barca. You could see it from his first match in the Barca colours, he is now where he wants to be. Surrounded by the friends he grew up with, in his home city. Not stranded in a London club that's gone from the sublime to the ridiculous in a few short seasons.

And as for the diving, do you read my post? do you read any body elses but your own? I have accepted that it is a problem with Barcelona, with some players more than others. But it goes on every where in the sport mate. And as I have tried to make clear.. Barca never roll around the way they do against Madrid, against any other team! Hence we are back to whole Madrid approach to the game. Did you see the second leg of the super cupa last August? Up until the 78th minute Madrid had come to play football, they did superbly and the game was unreal! As soon as they started kicking out the game descended into the type of classico we have come to know.

In a nut shell it comes down to this, the Classicos were always a heated affair, but since Mou has arrived he has really taken the biscuit.

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    Have to agree

With the Fab deal and when they turned on the sprinklers when Inter beat them at Nou Camp. Thats when i lost the respect i had for Barca. They seem have this notion that they are the above the law

Sorry for the double post..

Okay I conveniently forgot about the sprinklers :D

But how is that any better/worse than some of the challenges Mou has instructed his hatchet men to commit? In many cases against their fellow country men and national team mates?
    How is it worse than Mou eye gouging Tito Vilanova for absolutely no reason?

This is going to be my last post in this thread until during/after the game

I despise Madrid, and more so Mou who has this personal vendetta in trying to destroy Barca where he once actually worked.
    But all the Barca hating stems from a bitterness for the best team I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I despise Madrid,

that isn't obvious at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Whats this the 10th or 11th El Classico in the last 18 months or so? Its going the way of the old firm and the game is being devalued by how often it played. Its getting a bit boring now

Cant see anything but a easy Barca win, hopefully there is none of the rubbish that’s spoiled the last few for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

They both lack class, but I think Barca are the lesser of two evils because they do at least try to play football when the sides meet.

Last year I probably would have agreed with you, but I think the Clasico's this year have tipped it.

Barca went a goal down in the first League game. Response: Keep playing their game, work their way back into it and put in a great performance (with a few spots of regrettable theatre along the way).

Madrid have repeatedly resorted to kicking lumps out of Barca whenever they have been struggling in a Clasico this season. Barca may exaggerate the effects, but to be honest at times I don't begrudge them doing it.

I honestly can't blame Messi for rolling around on the floor after Coentrao tapped him on the head. He'd been kicked and stamped on all game and seen no action taken against the perpetrators. He shouldn't have done it, but I can understand it.

Pepe, Ramos, Lass, Marcelo, Carvalho, Arbeloa and Di Maria > Alves, Busquets, Alexis, Cesc and Pique in the d1ckhead stakes by a couple of lengths.

Personally, I hope Athletic Bilbao (or Mirandes, who in Pablo Infanta have easily the best banker/footballer in the world) win the cup and score a victory for the 'Big Heart'tm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

that isn't obvious at all.

Some neck on you so there is. What's obvious is your hypocrisy, on one hand you chastise City fans for defending their own club and come out with tripe like this.

Advertisement