Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway GAA discussion thread

Comments

Well done on today folks. Better team won. Finish the job now and bring Liam across the Shannon. Best of luck to ye! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

First of all to give Tipp fans their due, they aren't the most liked county around the country due to their arrogance (perceived or otherwise) but I thought they were classy today. Losing by a point they had the excuse of Barry Kelly giving one or two dodgy calls our way or whatever but while they were sickened they were very gracious in defeat and went up hugely in my estimation today. Noel McGrath coming on was inspirational regardless of your allegiance and briefly broke the sort of mad belief around the stadium that this match was the most important thing ever but not for long. Any other day you'd have been delighted if he had got the winner even if you had no time for Tipp but we have been on the flip side of these gut wrenching losses so many times over the years I honestly don't think I could have faced Croke Park again if we lost a game where we were definitely the better side on the day.

For the first time in my lifetime I can say I am proud of the Galway senior hurling team as a team of real substance. I have never felt so emotional leaving a hurling game in Croke Park. We had good one off days or a couple of good results/performances out of nowhere during the 90's, 2001, 2005, 2012 and all the intervening years but this year since the Dublin replay we have hurled consistently. Ok we weren't at the races 100% against Kilkenny but we stayed going and were still in the game towards the finish. After the Waterford league game I really despaired as to where Galway hurling was going, it wasn't the loss but the manner of the loss which was so disturbing. We were only ok against Dublin the first day in a poor game but we did battle that day and lived to fight another day and we have built from there.

For a team that have deservedly got flack for lacking character, heart, spirit whatever you want to call it over the years, they had it in abundance today. So many times over the years we'd be hurling well and a goal would go in and that would prompt the collapse. This time, we kept fighting, kept responding to every hammer blow and were fully deserving winners.

The main positive I'd see is that a number of Galway players have room for improvement. There is at least 5 or 6 players who will need to up their game, very harsh after such a trojan effort by everyone but it will take a full 20 man effort to beat Kilkenny.

However, must say I had my doubts on Tannian and he was struggling during the first half a bit but he was superb as the game wore on. Andy Smith is really leading by example this year and David Burke gave his first performance of substance since 2012, showing us the quality we know he has. Conor Whelan's battling qualities are superb, didn't know would he survive but he did more than that and his hard work won us a few crucial points directly or indirectly.

Glynn wasn't as effective as against Cork but won us some vital turnovers, Donnellan will need to up his game for Kilkenny.

Colm Callanan deserves an All-Ireland medal for all the times he has saved us this year even going back to the league. Superb again today. Johnny Coen put in a huge shift and Hanbury until he had to go in on Callanan is continuing to prove himself. Daithi Burke again came up with some key catches during the game and is growing with each day out.

Looking to the final we have it all to do. Obviously Seamus Callanan was superb but we were slow to identify the problems in there and could never address them at any stage. Easier said that done I know but if we give free rein to TJ Reid or Richie Hogan we can forget Liam McCarthy crossing the Shannon in 2015.

It will take an almighty effort, we must cutt out the errors and abundance of goal chance we offered up today but opportunities like this don't come along too often. If we get it right on the day and knock Kilkenny out of their stride early who knows. We were never going to beat Kilkenny twice in a championship season. 6th of September will hopefully be the day we can put 27 years of heartbreak, despair and soul destroying defeats behind us. The most important thing in my mind though is that the mentality displayed by this team and indeed the minor team today is carried on. Hopefully we'll soon be hearing the last of that dreaded phrase 'which Galway team will turn up'?

Minors were extremely fortunate to win. Kilkenny should have killed us off but once again they dug in and got the breaks and the panel made the difference. Tipp will be another step up in the final but 3 games down and no goals conceded which is a good platform. We need to be more intelligent about frees though, at least 4 frees we shot for goal from unscorable positions. If its not scorable, we need to look for runners or put men in around the goal to cause problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭carter10

Well done to Galway, great fight and character shown today. Go on now and finish the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

great game yesterday, best of the year so far.

Galway deserved it, really thought that they would need at least one goal to win it, especially with Callinan scoring three.

one comment i would make, its great to see the hunger in the Galway team, I think they will be a match in that respect with Kilkenny in the final, what i would worry about is Cunningham, he seemed to get too wrapped up in the atmosphere, getting into the spirit of it on the sideline is one thing, but to not be doing your job because of it is another. he nearly cost Galway the game by not switching Mannion off of Callinan, Cody will eat him for Breakfast if he does that in the AI Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭threeball

great game yesterday, best of the year so far.

Galway deserved it, really thought that they would need at least one goal to win it, especially with Callinan scoring three.

one comment i would make, its great to see the hunger in the Galway team, I think they will be a match in that respect with Kilkenny in the final, what i would worry about is Cunningham, he seemed to get too wrapped up in the atmosphere, getting into the spirit of it on the sideline is one thing, but to not be doing your job because of it is another. he nearly cost Galway the game by not switching Mannion off of Callinan, Cody will eat him for Breakfast if he does that in the AI Final.

I agree with everything you say bar switching Mannion. Mannion was hung out to dry because he had little to no support and was completely isolated. Tannion had abandoned the CB position and was hurling everywhere bar inside his 45 where he needed to be. Callanan could then get ball anyway he wanted it, low in front, perfectly lofted high ball where he had a height and size advantage. No full back stood a chance.

Finian Hanley was wrongly criticised for getting cleaned versus AOS and Michael Murphy but he was left in the exact same position against the two best footballers in the country. Even McGee got cleaned in the same position. If we expose our FB line against TJ Reid like we did with Callanan we could be looking at a Waterford sized drubbing in the final. Protect the back 3 especially that centre channel and I believe we can complete the job.

The line is too slow to act so far however.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Incredible performance, incredible game. Very proud of the lads yesterday. It wasn't perfect no doubt and the full back line, heading into a game against Kilkenny is a serious concern but also way more positives than negatives on what was an amazing exhibition of hurling. We went way further than I expected this year.

However we now face a really tough challenge. Kilkenny have beaten us well already this year, by 7 points-and I felt the cats radar was a bit off that day withquite a few uncharacteristic wides. It will take a monumental effort and dare I say a lot of good fortune to turn that deficit around. Absolutely if everything goes well and the lads show the same desire they can finish the job. But as others have said if we allow the kilkenny inside forward line the same chances they could really punish us. I'm obviously hopeful and cautiously optimistic, but as the old adage goes there is no trophy or medals for winning semifinals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭MfMan

Sean Walsh's commentary worth a listen, closing stages especially....

http://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-v-tipperary-commentary/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The growler

First of all to give Tipp fans their due, they aren't the most liked county around the country due to their arrogance (perceived or otherwise) but I thought they were classy today. Losing by a point they had the excuse of Barry Kelly giving one or two dodgy calls our way or whatever but while they were sickened they were very gracious in defeat and went up hugely in my estimation today.

To be honest Tipp were so comprehensively outplayed I'd have been disappointed to hear of my fellow Tipp fans using excuses for that defeat. We did enough of that in 2009 after the final.

Perhaps the rivalry with Galway isn't as intense as it once was. I grew up watching hurling in the 80s and that rivalry was bitter! I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the rivalry isn't as intense, it can sometimes add to the occasion as long as the players don't lose the run of themselves.

Anyway, best of luck in the final. I remember there was a thread on boards last year about who was the worst GAA inter county team to support and one poster made a persuasive argument for the Galway hurlers. I'd say there was no better team to be a supporter of at the end of the match yesterday.

Perhaps the rivalry with Galway isn't as intense as it once was. I grew up watching hurling in the 80s and that rivalry was bitter! I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the rivalry isn't as intense, it can sometimes add to the occasion as long as the players don't lose the run of themselves.

In fairness it was only the Keady thing in '89 that engendered the bitterness, and many in Galway still don't realise that Tipp voted pro-Keady in the ballot and that 3/5 counties in Connacht voted contra- (backstabbing surrender monkeys).

Don't like bad feeling between fans; there's always an odd comment thrown but the banter between rival supporters, especially on the day of a big match, adds greatly to the occasion, and is part of the GAA ethos IMHO.

• Advertisement

MfMan wrote: »
    In fairness it was only the Keady thing in '89 that engendered the bitterness, and many in Galway still don't realise that Tipp voted pro-Keady in the ballot and that 3/5 counties in Connacht voted contra- (backstabbing surrender monkeys).

Don't like bad feeling between fans; there's always an odd comment thrown but the banter between rival supporters, especially on the day of a big match, adds greatly to the occasion, and is part of the GAA ethos IMHO.

FWIW what happened to a terrific player such as Tony Keady that year was one of the lousiest things ever to do to an amateur athlete. A total and utter disgrace. Paul Delaney had also hurled in the US that year and wasnt banned. Neither should have been.

I dont care if it was by some bizarre technicality, 'against the rules'. I have never heard of such a bullshít rule in all of my life. What advantage did Keady hurling in America give Galway? None whatsover. You'd think it was the equivalent of drugs. Most nonsensical rule ive ever come across and those suits who stuck in the knife of course probably never played the game but unfortunately such is the archaic organisation in parts the GAA is and unfortunatley continues to be on occasion, (with the recent flip a coin to see who makes the camogie quarters), that is the way things conspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I think it was 4 Connacht counties that voted against Galway. They talked about it recently on "Off the Ball" with Farrell & Keady and thought they said 4. I was shocked when I heard it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I think it was 4 Connacht counties that voted against Galway. They talked about it recently on "Off the Ball" with Farrell & Keady and thought they said 4. I was shocked when I heard it!

I was amazed by that also. Are we to presume that it was the 4 Irish based counties? Presumably. It's crazy because Galway weren't even overly strong at football at the time and none of them bar Roscommon could even field a hurling team. Really small time stuff against the one county that had actually represented Connacht and the west with credit up to that point. Hard to feel sorry for all their poor success rate at both codes if thats the case

If I remember properly, Mayo stood with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Aw I'd like to have another reason to dislike Mayo! :(

I listened back to the piece on Off the Ball just now:

https://soundcloud.com/offtheball/the-tony-keady-affair

At 18 minutes, they say that 4 Connacht counties voted against them, but like somebody said above maybe that was 1 of the 'foreign' Connacht counties?

Farrell still sounds that little bit bitter about Connacht voting against him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Aw I'd like to have another reason to dislike Mayo! :(

I listened back to the piece on Off the Ball just now:

https://soundcloud.com/offtheball/the-tony-keady-affair

At 18 minutes, they say that 4 Connacht counties voted against them, but like somebody said above maybe that was 1 of the 'foreign' Connacht counties?

Farrell still sounds that little bit bitter about Connacht voting against him!

What does it matter now the narrow minded apes that voted against are probably all dead and would've voted against Croke park opening up for rugby.
    The Sky deal would have been a big no as well,and the Backdoor system would definitely not be entertained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 LUHG

As a Cork man I really hope yee do it in Sep, huge fan of Joe Canning I travelled the country a couple of years back watching him play with my son and I think hes just incredible to watch, I really hope he produces in the final, that final pass to moloney on sunday was something else. David burke is also a real quality stickman and ive noticed every time he gets the ball he looks for Joe I wonder is he under instruction from the side-line to find Joe with the majority of possession he has
    think Richie Hogan is the key man for Galway to stop his scoring from play needs to be limited to 2 pints maximum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

LUHG wrote: »
    As a Cork man I really hope yee do it in Sep, huge fan of Joe Canning I travelled the country a couple of years back watching him play with my son and I think hes just incredible to watch, I really hope he produces in the final, that final pass to moloney on sunday was something else. David burke is also a real quality stickman and ive noticed every time he gets the ball he looks for Joe I wonder is he under instruction from the side-line to find Joe with the majority of possession he has
    think Richie Hogan is the key man for Galway to stop his scoring from play needs to be limited to 2 pints maximum

Daithí Burke did a good job on Richie in the LF in the first half, but really should have followed him outfield in the 2nd. Thats when he caused the most damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hear Galway County Board are only set to receive 7,000 tickets for the final. This despite having the minors and the seniors playing. I was under the impression that counties would normally get in the region of 15,000 playing in a senior final, i.e. without the minors. Any word if this is true or not? Apparently it was in the Advertiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭donnem33

THFC wrote: »
    Hear Galway County Board are only set to receive 7,000 tickets for the final. This despite having the minors and the seniors playing. I was under the impression that counties would normally get in the region of 15,000 playing in a senior final, i.e. without the minors. Any word if this is true or not? Apparently it was in the Advertiser.

Galway got 12,000 tickets in 2012 with no minor team, so would have assumed it would be around 14,500 this time with the minors there also

I know every club in the country and corporate ppl have to get tickets but 7,000 seems very small

Also, it should be pointed out, a lot of counties would send back their tickets due to the price/no interest and these get forwarded on to the participating counties! Usually the last few days before the match.

Was thinking that myself, was thinking we'd get somewhere in the region of 18,000 tbh. Surely the 7,000 figure is wrong..

11896087_10153214131344217_625836898054076468_n.jpg?oh=505f77f6b1b329a9fd3e4ba74af68070&oe=5640BF82

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/79068/rush-on-for-elusive-tickets-for-croker-showdown

Found a link. Surely 7,000 cannot be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Was thinking that myself, was thinking we'd get somewhere in the region of 18,000 tbh. Surely the 7,000 figure is wrong..

11896087_10153214131344217_625836898054076468_n.jpg?oh=505f77f6b1b329a9fd3e4ba74af68070&oe=5640BF82

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/79068/rush-on-for-elusive-tickets-for-croker-showdown

Found a link. Surely 7,000 cannot be right.

That's the way it is the AI is a national event for the GAA so tickets are send all over the country.

thesamster wrote: »
    That's the way it is the AI is a national event for the GAA so tickets are send all over the country.

Would have thought ye would get more .

AFAIR Donegal got in the region of 15,000 for last year's football final.

Edit: 16,000, and they were none to happy either. 7,000 is a joke, it has to be. Linky = http://donegalnews.com/2014/09/donegal-clubs-learn-all-ireland-final-ticket-allocation/

Would have thought ye would get more .

Also, why are you talking to yourself? 2 accounts or something?

AFAIR Donegal got in the region of 15,000 for last year's football final.

Edit: 16,000, and they were none to happy either. 7,000 is a joke, it has to be. Linky = http://donegalnews.com/2014/09/donegal-clubs-learn-all-ireland-final-ticket-allocation/

Could it be a Typo and we're getting 17,000? Anything less would be an absolute shambles. There must have been 25-30,000 there last sunday alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

That's just the inital allocation, relax there will be plenty of tickets, I have yet to meet any genuine fan that failed to get a ticket to an AI, they will be plentiful in the week before.

danganabu wrote: »
    That's just the inital allocation, relax there will be plenty of tickets, I have yet to meet any genuine fan that failed to get a ticket to an AI, they will be plentiful in the week before.

Don't worry about me, I've mine sorted. Just pointing out the fact that 7,000 Galway men in a stadium of 83,000 would be pitiful (and yes I do realise there'll be 4/5 times that number regardless). If the county board get that few tickets then touts this year will make a fortune.

It's the same every year the week of the match tickets will become available. Every man women and child in Galway will want a ticket. There will be more than the 7 thousand available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Don't worry about me, I've mine sorted. Just pointing out the fact that 7,000 Galway men in a stadium of 83,000 would be pitiful (and yes I do realise there'll be 4/5 times that number regardless). If the county board get that few tickets then touts this year will make a fortune.

Touts make money off people who panic, I remember in 2011, which was billed as the biggest hurling final in modern times after 20019 and 2010, this was to be the decider and the touts were selling €80 tickets outside 10 mins before throw in for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Just a quick one when ye're on bout touts,where do they get their tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Fair play to that one lad whoever he was

Not long back from Thurles, disappointing but Limerick deservedly winning. Very physical game!!

The GAA really needs to overhall the u21 and indeed the minor championship. Limerick were battle hardened and visibly very psyched up for the game!

A lot of questions need to be asked of Johnny Kelly and his management. They had no clear game plan. They hadnt a clue how to counteract the sweeper or indeed how Galway should use their sweeper. How he allowed the goalkeeper to puck every puck out down either wing on dominant wingbacks and not try something different is beyond me...even just puck it straight down the centre for a change!!! He has lost semi finals in 2013,2014 and today - and to be frank we never looked like winning any of those matches. He is completely out of his depth at this level. I know he was part of the intermediates this year but imo its obvious Anthony Cunningham was running that show. Kelly had the intermediates for a few years aswelll and never did anything.time for him to go!!

The only positives from today is Paul Killeen at full back and Jason FLynn had great games.Jason, Cathal and Conor didnt get injured which is a positive too. Was disappointed with Cathal and Conors performance however.

Agree overall. I think Cunningham should really still be U21 manager. I understand its time consuming to do both but the U21's like the intermediates are development squads. The intermediates had simialar tactics to the Seniors and they worked in harmony. The U21's tonight were totally void of an structure tonight and really was of no benefit to the seniors preparing for an AI final. I really felt sorry for our goalie, there was no real puck-out plan and everywhere he went Limerick dominated. But then you would wonder if you only have at most (barring replays) 2 games a year the motivation cant possibly be there.

donnem33 wrote: »
    The only positives from today is Paul Killeen at full back and Jason FLynn had great games.Jason, Cathal and Conor didnt get injured which is a positive too. Was disappointed with Cathal and Conors performance however.

I think the main problem was the senior players weren't great ball winners in the one v one sense.

Cathal can pick up breaks and Flynn can poach the odd ball but the team lacked an out and out ball winner.

That's been the massive change with the seniors this year.
    You could count a fair number of lads who can field consistently: JC, Cyril, Glynn, Burke x 2, P.Mannion and then honourable mentions to Harte, Coen and Flynn.
    That's really the difference in winning an AI and being the nearly men.
    My abiding memory of the KK teams of the recent past are backs like Walsh catching balls and driving out.

I think its also what will harm Tan long term as he tries to bat too much which only gives the opp another 50/50 to win possession.

Catches are worth a lot more than a simple possession and at least senior wise you can count a fair spread across the team which bodes well for future success.

Not going to get overly down about today, winning an U21 or Minor draws about as much satisfaction as a provincial final.
    I don't think we're too bad set senior wise in terms of future replacements to need anyone from this current u21 team, we at least have a few years window for the bulk with only Smyth having no immediate replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Thought they were extremely poor this evening. Just seemed so flat and not up for the fight at all. Such a contrast to the seniors who are playing with such aggression and confidence.

The puckouts were just a disaster, couldnt catch one or win a break. I'd be putting a bit of blame on the keeper to be honest, he seemed to hit a few into areas that Limerick had more men. Now I'm not sure what plan was in place but surely if he's looking out the field he could have picked out areas where there was at least as many of our plays as Limerick players.

Having said that though our midfield and half forward line were pathetic, couldn't win the ball, couldn't link up together, couldn't score. Molloy did well in fairness in his free role drifiting around and Jason Flynn had a fine game.

Paul Killeen had a fine game at full back and I thought Shane Cooney was ok at 6. Aswell as Molloy and Flynn up front as I mentioned. No one else comes out of that with any credit.

You'd have to wonder is Johnnie Kelly suitable for that role. Like it is hard when you're going into a game cold against a team that's battle hardened but we always did fine up until he took over the role. We haven't looked like winning a game under his management.

Shane Cooney has offered huge diversity for his future career both as a Centre Back and a goalie!! Made a great save near the end to deny Limerick when the goalie was off his line!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bad result but there were some positives. Brian Molloy had a very good showing in addition to a fairly rocked looking Jason Flynn who managed to compose himself when he came back on. Big fan of somebody who can cut a sideline over the bar.

Out of everybody Paul Killeen looked super out there. Maybe too much to ask Cunningham to change that FB line for KK but next season he should be given a shot. Shane Cooney deserves some credit too. That goal that killed them was inexcusable defending though.

brookville wrote: »
    Just a quick one when ye're on bout touts,where do they get their tickets?

The people who do it for a living seem to get them off residents from what I've heard. Although there's plenty of people who get them off clubs, príomh and companies that flog them to make a few bob.

Thought they were extremely poor this evening. Just seemed so flat and not up for the fight at all. Such a contrast to the seniors who are playing with such aggression and confidence.

The puckouts were just a disaster, couldnt catch one or win a break. I'd be putting a bit of blame on the keeper to be honest, he seemed to hit a few into areas that Limerick had more men. Now I'm not sure what plan was in place but surely if he's looking out the field he could have picked out areas where there was at least as many of our plays as Limerick players.

Having said that though our midfield and half forward line were pathetic, couldn't win the ball, couldn't link up together, couldn't score. Molloy did well in fairness in his free role drifiting around and Jason Flynn had a fine game.

Paul Killeen had a fine game at full back and I thought Shane Cooney was ok at 6. Aswell as Molloy and Flynn up front as I mentioned. No one else comes out of that with any credit.

You'd have to wonder is Johnnie Kelly suitable for that role. Like it is hard when you're going into a game cold against a team that's battle hardened but we always did fine up until he took over the role. We haven't looked like winning a game under his management.

No he is just not up to it!! how he gets so many jobs is beyond comprehension!!! He cost Portumna the 3 in a row by getting rid of Dinny Cahill, wanting all the glory for himself - and it evident Cahill was the brains behind the hole operation back then!!

Hes done nothing with the u21s, no clear game plan, 3 v poor performances with what should have been good teams! He had the intermediates for a few years - it was Cunninghams involvement which had them playing like the seniors this year. A relatively strong NUIG Fitz team with big Clare involvement and did nothing with them either! Time for change! Dont want Keady involved either!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

donnem33 wrote: »
    No he is just not up to it!! how he gets so many jobs is beyond comprehension!!! He cost Portumna the 3 in a row by getting rid of Dinny Cahill, wanting all the glory for himself - and it evident Cahill was the brains behind the hole operation back then!!

Hes done nothing with the u21s, no clear game plan, 3 v poor performances with what should have been good teams! He had the intermediates for a few years - it was Cunninghams involvement which had them playing like the seniors this year. A relatively strong NUIG Fitz team with big Clare involvement and did nothing with them either! Time for change! Dont want Keady involved either!!

I think he's made his name himself based on all he won with Portumna but in fairness my mother who wouldn't know one end of a hurl from the other would have been successful with them given the hurlers they had at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭orl

LUHG wrote: »

What a lovely post. A pity some of your countymen are not as magnaminous. It was like Kilkenny beat them in football the way some of them reacted after Thurles. Why Cork were favourites going into that match is beyond me. We had the better panel and a greater ability to score goals. Cork will be back and the GAA needs your colour and panache.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

A couple of days old now I admit so apologies, but U-21 management team need to have a deep look at themselves, very poor management throughout.

Got destroyed with our own puck outs, how can you keep driving them out to the Limerick wing backs who were clearly winning everyone. no variation to break this cycle. It was pretty clear before the game that was an area where Limerick were strong.

I know the seniors use this tactic, but its a different kettle of fish when you have Jonathan Glynn and serious amount of ball winners in the team.

Positives, no major injuries although Jason Flynn will have a few bruises! Brian Molloy had a good game, but for me performances of Cooney and Killeen, at centre/full back were the most positive aspects of game.

Killeen especially will have done himself no harm when it comes to team selection for the big day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sporter1

Great to see Conor Cooney back to full training!!

Heard from two sources that they're putting big screens in Eyre Sq for the match.

Glad to see common sense for a change, the area is ideal for such an event and it was disappointing the foresight wasn't seen to do it in previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Heard from two sources that they're putting big screens in Eyre Sq for the match.

Glad to see common sense for a change, the area is ideal for such an event and it was disappointing the foresight wasn't seen to do it in previous years.

Great idea.

There will be a great crowd and atmosphere. Weather supposed to be fairly good next weekend aswell.

• Advertisement

cocoman wrote: »
    Great idea.

There will be a great crowd and atmosphere. Weather supposed to be fairly good next weekend aswell.

It'll definitely be sh1te so. Expect snowstorms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sales of Buckie will hit Rag Week levels.

Corofin lucky to still be in the championship after drawing with Tuam Stars. Tuam 3 points up with 8 minutes to go and threw it away. Had 2 scoring chances could have been goals right near the end but turned into the tackle instead of laying it off to a man in a better position. Looking forward to the replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If yer out in Dublin next weekend lads, make sure to tell the bouncer you're from Galway and have ID to prove it. Severe risk in cases like this of being mistaken for Mayo people and not let in anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

http://connachttribune.ie/plan-to-show-hurling-finals-on-giant-screen-in-eyre-square-201/

It be great craic if it goes ahead....be great buzz from everyone....plan on having a supermac as well

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement