Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

-Ade- wrote: »
    Kagawa is an attacking midfielder or a support striker at a push if you will depending on the formation. Anywhere else played is wasted IMHO.
    If Kagawa played CM with a defined role that from what I've seen some in the United thread are guessing he might do, watch him be overrun. He's isn't great defensively and at times is quite lazy ie:

Fully agree with this. Kagawa is a fantastic player but play him in the middle of a flat 4 midfield and he will be destroyed. He doesn't often track runners, he is lazy when your not moving forward and he can't tackle. On the attack his picks up great positions and is brilliant with the ball at his foot. His passing and through balls are top drawer and he also bags some as well. Best played with 2 defensive players in behind him.

Podolski to Arsenal, well I don't see the problem really with Koln announcing it right away as it was pretty much common knowledge for the past couple of weeks. Simply confirming what everybody knew.

Marin to Chelsea. Could be good. I think the price for him is ok. He is crap at times but has great technique and can be sublime in some games. I think what Chelsea are paying for is the potential to do what he can every week as opposed to sporadicly which it is at present. Could be a savage transfer could be a bad one. Either way he can play in wider positions which I think for Chelsea when your options are Salomon Kalou and Flo Malouda can only be good. What I think is strange is who bought him? Di Matteo? Is he taking the job and he signed him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hamburg will likely announce the signings of Rene Adler (free) and Arjtoms Rudnevs (Lech Poznan - est. €4m) when the supervisory board meets next Tuesday.
    Any chance of Lucien Favre getting a big name job?

I expected him to take over at Bayern next summer, but with Heynckes leading them to the final he'll probably sign a new contract. Favre might wait it out because there's no point moving from Gladbach to another club in Germany unless it's Bayern.

Go abroad? Doubt it.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    I dunno how the club are doing but would the announcement take some heat of the club itself?

They are 3rd from bottom. If Hertha win this weekend and they do not they are auto relegated. They have to win or hope Hertha don't. Best they can do is stay 3rd bottom and go through the relegation playoff.

I just think it is a mental thing. Announcing the Poldi deal seems silly ahead of a big match, everyone knew of course but I wouldn't have done it until after the season. He is hugely important to them and the city. It could effect the teams morale (but that is probably sh*te anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,276 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United are going to be linked with EVERYONE again this summer.

Seemingly Gaitan, Hazard and Kagawa are towards the top of our lists.

We have also been scouting a lot of left backs so movement there seems very likely.

Would like a more defensive minded CM who is good on the ball (Martinez/Sahin) and a creative midfield threat (Hazard/Gaitan/Kagawa) along with a full back.

I expect a goal keeper, a striker and a right winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,276 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

iregk wrote: »
    What I think is strange is who bought him? Di Matteo? Is he taking the job and he signed him?

The club signed him, RDM didn't, imo.

Same with Lukaku, for example. I don't think he was a AVB signing - Chelsea were always after that kid, regardless of who the manager was at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I dunno how the club are doing but would the announcement take some heat of the club itself?

Would have loved the have seen Podolski at Liverpool, best of luck to him filling Van Persies boots.

Why, where's he going?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Why, where's he going?

Out of Arsenal

Out of Arsenal
    Really? Have you got a link to that? Preferably one that has quotes from Van Persie himself saying he's leaving? No, because it's only speculation. He may actually stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Why, where's he going?
    Out of Arsenal

Or back to form and spend most of the season in the physio room.

Really? Have you got a link to that? Preferably one that has quotes from Van Persie himself saying he's leaving? No, because it's only speculation. He may actually stay.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2130931/Robin-van-Persie-visits-Barcelona-team-hotel.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2113364/Robin-van-Persie-Manchester-City-prepare-210-000-week-deal-sign-Arsenal-striker.html

Don't answer your own questions, it makes you come across as overly-stubborn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Using the Daily Fail as a source...

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Don't suggest things that aren't actually true so? Until the official word comes out nobody knows where Van Persie will be next year, who's to say Wenger will even sell him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't think this was mentioned in the previous quotes in here from Dortmund officials.

Michael Zorc, DoF at Dortmund, quoted in Bild as saying Kagawa wants to move to England.
    "He has a specific career plan and he states he wants to play in England. We have to accept that."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is this not a speculation thread?

Don't suggest things that aren't actually true so? Until the official word comes out nobody knows where Van Persie will be next year, who's to say Wenger will even sell him?
    iregk wrote: »
    There should be a lifetime ban for posting up daily mail links as "a source".
    PaullyD wrote:
    Actually, The Daily Mail's football stories have improved ten fold over recent seasons. They've been first with quite a few deals etc in the recent past.

Explain that so :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It is, but saying he's gone before he's even left is a bit much.

Explain that so :rolleyes:

What do you need me to explain?

''It is not yet known why Van Persie took the trip to the base of the Spanish giants''

Such idiots working for that paper. RVP is good friends with Affelay. That is why.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    ''It is not yet known why Van Persie took the trip to the base of the Spanish giants''

Such idiots working for that paper. RVP is good friends with Affelay. That is why.

Source?

What do you need me to explain?

Really? PaullyD said it's good, why do you disagree#

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Really? PaullyD said it's good, why do you disagree#

:rolleyes:

Disagree about what? Did I even mention the Daily Mail?
    Don't know whether to answer this question myself or not as I might come across as "overly-stubborn" :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Doing the rounds of Twitter that Liverpool have agreed a fee of £8 million for AZ's Rasmus Elm.

Apparently also bid £16.3 million for Ramirez.

Source?

Since you like the Daily Mail, I found this for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2133070/Robin-van-Persie-I-wasnt-Barcelona-hotel-discuss-move.html
    'My very good friend Ibrahim Afellay plays for Barcelona. After a bad long-term injury, he was finally back with the team - and during his absence I had been in contact with him a lot, but I hadn't seen him.
    'This was an opportunity for me to go and visit a close friend, show him my support and catch up.

'Unfortunately, this had to be at the hotel, because he was not permitted to leave it.

'I was wearing my Arsenal tracksuit and we sat down by the reception to have a chat and some food - everyone could see us and there was nothing to hide. I can't imagine anyone conducting transfer negotiations in these circumstances!'

Disagree about what? Did I even mention the Daily Mail?
    Don't know whether to answer this question myself or not as I might come across as "overly-stubborn" :rolleyes:.

cson posted the facepalm pic about the Daily Mail and you thanked it, showing your agreement. The question wasn't solely aimed at you btw

And Fabregas, went on holidays to NY with him last year. God forbid he'd want to meet up with his mates when they were in town. If I was meeting about moving clubs too I'd probably wear something a little more covert than an Arsenal trackie.

You've quoted an article about him meeting his mates and that City are going to offer him £200k/wk to leave as evidence he wants to leave?

Don't waste your time on Google trying to find quotes where he says it; there are none. ;)

cson posted the facepalm pic about the Daily Mail and you thanked it, showing your agreement. The question wasn't solely aimed at you btw
    I might just really like Star Trek ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Van Persie isn't going anywhere. We always know when one of our big players is going to leave, we'll be the first to call it. He's staying, its not that hard to believe.

Arsenal are very touchy when it comes to VanPersie leaving.

Noted

Nope, we're just quick to call bullshit on people who make claims and fail to substantiate them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Arsenal are very touchy when it comes to VanPersie leaving.

Noted

Who are 'Arsenal'?

Please, please don't tell me you consider posts on boards.ie as somewhat significant to Arsenal's transfer policy, or RVP's intentions.

Because that would be embarrassing for all concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Its not touchy, its just we see through the media bull. As i said...if a player is gonna go we'll be the first to let yas all know, we've been through all this a bazillion times, too many a summer, too many a transfer. We know when they're leaving and he ain't leaving.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Doing the rounds of Twitter that Liverpool have agreed a fee of £8 million for AZ's Rasmus Elm.

Apparently also bid £16.3 million for Ramirez.

The Mirror will be scribbling up a few Dutch Elm Disease puns in preparation of the rot setting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,337 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wow, this thread really took an upturn in entertainment value today :)

Really indicative of where the money is in football right now that the likes of Lille and BVB are struggling to keep hold of their players despite putting back to back titles together (well, looking likely in Lille's case). Same goes with the Porto treble last year and ending up selling Falcao.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

cson wrote: »
    Really indicative of where the money is in football right now that the likes of Lille and BVB are struggling to keep hold of their players despite putting back to back titles together (well, looking likely in Lille's case). Same goes with the Porto treble last year and ending up selling Falcao.

Looking very unlikely for Lille to retain. They're in 3rd, 7 points off leaders Montpellier

Looking very unlikely for Lille to retain. They're in 3rd, 7 points off leaders Montpellier

My bad, for some reason I thought last nights win put them level on points with Montpellier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It is, but saying he's gone before he's even left is a bit much.

Isn't that what speculation is?

Isn't that what speculation is?

Ah I couldn't care less tbh, point is he hasn't went anywhere just yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Matt Jarvis linked with a move to Southampton

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Matt Jarvis linked with a move to Southampton

Would be a great signing for them IMO.

Noo wrote: »
    Van Persie isn't going anywhere. We always know when one of our big players is going to leave, we'll be the first to call it. He's staying, its not that hard to believe.

I think RVP will be gone in the summer

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I could be wrong, but didn't Wenger say he'd rather let RVP run down his contract than sell him?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I could be wrong, but didn't Wenger say he'd rather let RVP run down his contract than sell him?
    I think he did but I remember Fergie saying he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus.
    Managers say things sometimes but it doesn't always work out like that.
    There is also the possibility that RVP could buy out his own contract but I'd doubt he'd do that TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Liverpool only have 20 million to spend on transfers this summer according to ESPN today so that rules out Grant Holt. :(

Bebe could be available

Bebe could be available

I'm sure Liverpool have informed people outside the club how much they have available to spend this summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Any chance of Lucien Favre getting a big name job?

He's got one :confused:

Guangzhou Evergrande have purchased Lucas Barrios from Dortmund on a 4 year contract. Shame he has chosen to do this so young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Guangzhou Evergrande have purchased Lucas Barrios from Dortmund on a 4 year contract. Shame he has chosen to do this so young.

That's disappointing. Excellent player IMO. I remember lots of talk of Sunderland being interested in him when Bruce was there and was going after lots of South American players. I had hoped we might make a move for him this summer.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Odd move, big payday?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Odd move, big payday?

€6.7m a year (€130k a week?) according to Bild. Dortmund got €12m for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement