Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subscription boxes available in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I signed up to Glossybox a few months back but found it to be the biggest waste of money. I could start selling handcreams, boxes always late despite the fact they took payment weeks in advance, no "luxury" samples from brands, poor customer service and the fact that us girls here in Ireland got boxes that were far inferior to girls in UK.

I've been subscribed to Chic Treat Club for two months now. My first box was worth about 90 quid and had a great selection of products whereas my second box was worth about €30 and I was less impressed- one brush (very awkward to use because handle very stumpy and bristles very long) was worth €17 I think so the other five products were €13 between them- a face mask, 2 Thalgo samples, a horrible cheap bronzer from a brand called Kubiss sold in the Cosmetic Outlet (famous for selling fake Urban Decay palettes) and a nail strengthener from Kiss which is a brand available from Penneys. What I liked about the box was that there was a little bit of everything- a makeup brush, body care, skincare, makeup, nails- but I wouldn't have bought a single item in the box, and that's what makes it worth it to me or not. In the July box, I would have bought all the items so it was definitely worth the €17 to me then.

Still though, I reckon CTC will come good again and I'm hoping for a decent September box like the July box. Won't be subscribing to Glossybox again.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Apart from lip gloss and nail varnish (and a full size The Balm blusher from the Carmine box) I have found the make-up in the various boxes I got pretty awful - cheap and weird colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

The first glossybox I got was pretty good and all if the products could be used. The one that came last month was really really poor, think I will give it one or two more months. According to some bloggers it seems birchbox has gone down hill also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Hi,
    Anyone know of a subscription box for men? I know birchbox do one but I'm looking for more of an accessories focussed one. Again, loads in USA/Canada but don't ship here.
    Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GirlOutWest

I'm slightly intrigued by the whole subscription box thing. It's huge over in the states but still new(ish) over here.

I would love to subscribe to one but finding the right one at the right price is the thing, isn't it. I don't want make-up every month and although I love my pets dearly, not really caught up by the idea of getting one for the pets. I mean, will they even know it's their box!!

So, out of curiosity, just Googled a few and was surprised by how FEW are based in Ireland. Here are my findings, feel free to add any new ones.

MyIrishBox - $55.50 (Again a little on the pricey side for me and the items look like stuff from a souvenir shop, sorry).

IrishTasteClub - $49.00 (I like this one but again a little pricey and not sure if I could get excited by a box of sea salt and fine foods arriving every month)

HappeePost - £21.99 (This is probably the one I would most likely subscribe to. Irish company. Their aim to bring a bit of joy to ye every month apparently via boxes filled with "handmade goodies". The price is ok and I think I could be tempted - If I do, I will review it)

Any others?

I'm slightly intrigued by the whole subscription box thing. It's huge over in the states but still new(ish) over here.

I would love to subscribe to one but finding the right one at the right price is the thing, isn't it. I don't want make-up every month and although I love my pets dearly, not really caught up by the idea of getting one for the pets. I mean, will they even know it's their box!!

So, out of curiosity, just Googled a few and was surprised by how FEW are based in Ireland. Apologies if I have repeated one that someone else has mentioned. Anyway, here are my findings, feel free to add any new ones.

MyIrishBox dot com - $55.50 (Again a little on the pricey side for me and the items look like stuff from a souvenir shop, sorry).

IrishTasteClub dot com - $49.00 (I like this one but again a little pricey and not sure if I could get excited by a box of sea salt and fine foods arriving every month)

HappeePost dot com - £21.99 (This is probably the one I would most likely subscribe to. Irish company. Their aim to bring a bit of joy to ye every month apparently via boxes filled with "handmade goodies". The price is ok and I think I could be tempted - If I do, I will review it)

Any others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

There is a new box called 'Alainn' which is a beauty subscription box full of Irish owned products - have never tried it myself but have seen the Twitter account

http://www.alainn.ie/

Just checked alainn out, looks good. All make-up/cosmetics though, only so much make-up this girl can use! lol. Great to see it is all Irish products.

I still haven't settled upon a box yet, one that I like enough to commit to. The search continues. But great to see more Irish Boxes hitting the scene. Can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

I recently cancelled my birch box subscription after about 5 months. First and third box were good but others were very poor. Too many sachets and not enough variation of products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Hi people

Any news on the subscription boxes? Anymore updates and follow ups?

I would love to sign up to an Irish site but proving difficult to find one decent site. I found one that just didn't look legit whatsoever and another had a Chinese site come up instead of the actual site (presuming domain name was a mix up)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

That alainn.ie one looked great, I'd sign up to that but it looks like it's not going anymore?

Have you tried the lookfantastic one? I thought that wasn't bad, I signed up for the 6 month one but I cancelled it for the time being has had so many products to use up. You could buy one just to see what it's like. Check out the blog behindgreeneyes, she's an Irish blogger that has reviews on a lot of them including a book and food one :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://whichbeautyboxuk.com/ is useful for checking out the UK based ones.
    I get Birchbox although it can be very mixed,still good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dustypearl

I am seriously thinking about cancelling my Glossybox subscription. I think they bring out a good box every three or four months so that you think they're picking up and you don't cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aacaldwell

I subscribed to Birchbox for about 5-6 months and then I finally decided to cancel it as I felt it was a waste of money. It was a hit and miss each month and pretty much 95% of the stuff I never used. The only thing I use from all of the boxes is The Wet Brush. My friend subscribed to it the same time as myself but she cancelled the subscription a few months before me as she was disappointed as well. One thing about it that really annoyed me was that when you sign up, you fill out a questionnaire about your skin tone, skin type, hair colour, eyebrow colour, eye colour etc so they will send you products that match your skin tone and hair colour. I'm quite pale and have black hair, yet numerous times I received really dark concealers that I couldn't use, as well as eyebrow products for blonde or brown eyebrows, which can't be used on my black eyebrows - so a lot of products were either given to someone else or just not used at all.

I unsubscribed in December of last year so not sure if they've improved since then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I bought myself a 3-month Glossybox subscription a little while ago, it was grand but 3 months was enough. Wasn't overly impressed with the selection of products. I got way more use out of the M&S advent calendar that I got for Christmas last year, I really thought it was worth every penny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

http://www.naturalskincare.ie do a lovely all natural beauty box for €19.99. All the others seem to be UK based. I tend to go between the likes of birchbox etc for one off boxes or if they are doping an offer. Otherwise you start to get rubbish lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

missmatty wrote: »
    I bought myself a 3-month Glossybox subscription a little while ago, it was grand but 3 months was enough. Wasn't overly impressed with the selection of products. I got way more use out of the M&S advent calendar that I got for Christmas last year, I really thought it was worth every penny!

I got suckered into buying this when it was on offer in December and it was amazing! I hope they do another one this year.

http://www.naturalskincare.ie do a lovely all natural beauty box for €19.99. All the others seem to be UK based. I tend to go between the likes of birchbox etc for one off boxes or if they are doping an offer. Otherwise you start to get rubbish lol

When I use up all my other stuff from the lookfantastic box I think I will sign up to this, it looks lovely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I saw this month's Glossybox opened on some bloggers' snapchats and it looked terrible - I mean there was a kinder bueno in it 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

ciaradx wrote: »
    I saw this month's Glossybox opened on some bloggers' snapchats and it looked terrible - I mean there was a kinder bueno in it 😂

Why would that make it terrible? A free chocolate sample is not a bad thing :D
    What else was in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Why would that make it terrible? A free chocolate sample is not a bad thing :D
    What else was in it?

A hand cream, cetaphil cream, a small sample of something from pixi (I think a mist?) and a silicon blender. I might have missed something but overall didn't look worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

A hand cream, cetaphil cream, a small sample of something from pixi (I think a mist?) and a silicon blender. I might have missed something but overall didn't look worth the money.

I don't ever feel it is worth the money :(

Pixie mist would be good but the rest sounds rubbish!!
    Glossybox seems to be one good one and 2 bad though....

Look fantastic was AMAZING this month.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Pixie mist would be good but the rest sounds rubbish!!
    Glossybox seems to be one good one and 2 bad though....

Look fantastic was AMAZING this month.

What's in it?

Would Look Fantastic be better than Glossybox on a regular basis?

What's in it?

Would Look Fantastic be better than Glossybox on a regular basis?

I think so, it can be a little bit more skincare based but it's much better. Glossybox can seem a bit cheap even though they are roughly the same price!

There was - eve lom cleanser (good size sample) and cloth, an eye make up brush, gorgeous quad eye pallette from hikari, illamasqua contour stick (I presume it's a sample but it's really big) , declor hydrating serum sample, hair stuff from christophe Robin and a lolly :D

I think so, it can be a little bit more skincare based but it's much better. Glossybox can seem a bit cheap even though they are roughly the same price!

There was - eve lom cleanser (good size sample) and cloth, an eye make up brush, gorgeous quad eye pallette from hikari, illamasqua contour stick (I presume it's a sample but it's really big) , declor hydrating serum sample, hair stuff from christophe Robin and a lolly :D

I'm more beauty based but I might give it a try!

I'm more beauty based but I might give it a try!

I like it all so I get birchbox too... I have a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mares2

Was this in the September box? Looks really good, I'd love to try the eve lom cleanser. I've got Birchbox for the last few months, find it hit and miss, keep thinking of cancelling then give it another month!

The m&s advent calendar and summer box were great.

Mares2 wrote: »
    Was this in the September box? Looks really good, I'd love to try the eve lom cleanser. I've got Birchbox for the last few months, find it hit and miss, keep thinking of cancelling then give it another month!

The m&s advent calendar and summer box were great.

Yes look fantastic September box!

Just got my Glossybox for this month and it's making me glad I've switched! I've always been happy with the boxes up to now but this one was basically everything I didn't need. I have oily skin which I'm sure I would have said in my beauty profile yet I got there different products for dry skin! Really disappointed with it.

• Advertisement

Just got my Glossybox for this month and it's making me glad I've switched! I've always been happy with the boxes up to now but this one was basically everything I didn't need. I have oily skin which I'm sure I would have said in my beauty profile yet I got there different products for dry skin! Really disappointed with it.

Total rubbish!! I'm gonna wait and see what's in the unicorn/mermaid box next month and if it's rubbish again I'll cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Gangu

Where can you buy the M&S calendar ?

I don't think it's available until November, the 6th I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mares2

Looking forward to the M&S box this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Anybody know how long one should expect to wait for Birchbox delivery to Ireland?Ordered my box on the 27th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

KM792 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long one should expect to wait for Birchbox delivery to Ireland?Ordered my box on the 27th of April.

It takes a while... I ordered mine on the 7th and it arrived early May..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

Sorry for dragging up an old'ish thread!

I am interested in starting a beauty box subscription for my wife and daughter who is 9 and make up mad!

Could anyone advise which company may suit my needs? The daughter will want more make up like lip stick, eye shadows etc. The wife would like a more face creams etc.

The companies I am looking at are:

Birchbox.
    Glossy Box.
    Look Fantastic.

Can anyone recommend one of these or another?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

branners69 wrote: »

I am interested in starting a beauty box subscription for my wife and daughter who is 9 and make up mad!

Could anyone advise which company may suit my needs? The daughter will want more make up like lip stick, eye shadows etc. The wife would like a more face creams etc.

Birchbox.
    Glossy Box.
    Look Fantastic.

Many thanks.

Out of the three I think Glossybox and Look fantastic are the best (owned by the same company). They are skincare centric but in Glossybox you usually find at least one make up item in every box.

I'd recommend glossybox for a subscription.

That said, I've found that Birchbox does a lot of discounts. Before Christmas they had an offer for 3 boxes for 5£ plus postage where you got the new box and two older ones. So I bought that and then canceled my subscription and I renew it for the odd box I like here and there. They usually do discounts at the end of every month if they are not sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭branners69

xkat11 wrote: »
    branners69 wrote: »

Birchbox.
    Glossy Box.
    Look Fantastic.

Many thanks.

Out of the three I think Glossybox and Look fantastic are the best (owned by the same company). They are skincare centric but in Glossybox you usually find at least one make up item in every box.

I'd recommend glossybox for a subscription.

That said, I've found that Birchbox does a lot of discounts. Before Christmas they had an offer for 3 boxes for 5£ plus postage where you got the new box and two older ones. So I bought that and then canceled my subscription and I renew it for the odd box I like here and there. They usually do discounts at the end of every month if they are not sold out.

Thanks for the reply, I think I will go with Glossybox. I will also keep an eye on Birchbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kulekat

I get birchbox, and i love getting the surprise every month!!
    Its more makeup based, so probably better for your 9yo. I regularly keep bits for my daughter in it and then give them to her in an unused box as a surprise.

They also normally do hair and face masks, and good size products.

So, i would get different subscriptions for ur wife and daughter. Birchbox for the 9yo and let your wife choose her own. If its a complete surprise then glossybox or look fantastic for your wife.

Nice present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Thinking of getting Birchbox... Anyone got any opinions? Open to alternatives too!!

Advertisement