Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Poor you. I've a physical chemistry lab to teach a trip to Sligo Gamestop and a 4.5 hour trip home before I can play Dark Souls 2 tomorrow. And that's if the tracks at Dromod aren't flooded again. :(

Jesus man, that's rough! You have my condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Poor you. I've a physical chemistry lab to teach a trip to Sligo Gamestop and a 4.5 hour trip home before I can play Dark Souls 2 tomorrow. And that's if the tracks at Dromod aren't flooded again. :(

You have a long arduous grind before you get to a long arduous grind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah well, your pants aren't even jordache.

AAAAY MACARENA!!

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/2012/11/26/the-90s-guide-to-winning-an-argument/

01B156A1-33F2-485E-BCE4-086F193334B6_zpsmd3im51j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Plenty of WiiU (and other) games going cheap here:
    http://www.zavvi.com/offers/price-crash.list?sortOrder=price&sortReverse=false

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

o1s1n wrote: »
    Reserved one in Jervis.

I have the game but don't have the classic controller. So worth picking up for that.

Imagine if it turned out to be this? :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-Xenoblade-Chronicles-Wii-Limited-Edition-with-Controller-/171267486530?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item27e0567342
    It is that 1.....cant find a copy any ware, would love a hook up...need the controller and box bad lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Flaregon wrote: »
    It is that 1.....cant find a copy any ware, would love a hook up...need the controller and box bad lol.

You're not the only one, gutted I missed it, but interestingly Argos has changed the price to 30 euro on the listing so maybe they have some more stock...

Worth keeping an eye on the stock levels just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

There's one copy of Xenoblade Chronicles back in stock - Argos Carlow...

RNB wrote: »
    There's one copy of Xenoblade Chronicles back in stock - Argos Carlow...

I see that they've jumped up the price too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Beat the Beat is all over the shop for just €6.99!
    clickedy click

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Beat the Beat is all over the shop for just €6.99!
    clickedy click

I had no idea that website existed. Bookmarked! Cheers Ciderman.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No worries.
    The game is brilliant, Wario Ware Inc brilliant.
    Played it last year in Chez Atavan and it was class, and about €50!
    So it's a bargain no Wii/WiiU owner should be without now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,249 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got my Xenoblade in Jervis! :)

Down side - 29.99 :(

Still a good price for it though!

Must pick up beat the beat myself actually. Typical, dundrum is one of the only ones where it's out of stock :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Had you reserved it at the €18.99 price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

It's one of the best games on the wii, it's still a good price at 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I have one reserved to arrive next week.
    If I print off the reserve email stating €18.99 I wonder will they honour it?

Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    Had you reserved it at the €18.99 price?

I had yeah. Said it to the girl at the till but apparently nothing she could do.

Showed me the screen and it just said 29.99.

Still a good price, annoying though!

I had yeah. Said it to the girl at the till but apparently nothing she could do.

Showed me the screen and it just said 29.99.

Still a good price, annoying though!

Mmm, because no money/deposit had actually changed hands they're prob ok in doing this (no contract was created until purchase time).

I've got mine from Dundrum, & have another reserved in Liffey Valley...will be picking it up next week I think, will prob just go ahead & pay the €30 it's still good value. I wonder if the collector value will be affected, seems a quick look on ebay suggests it is slightly...it might return upwards though when this current batch is sold out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is there any chance of them actually coming back in stock? I have copies reserved in Dun Laoghaire and Dundrum for Monday, but it seems unlikely they'll arrive as there was no reservation number! Wait and see I guess, would still be ecstatic with a 29.99 copy!

• Advertisement

Is there any chance of them actually coming back in stock? I have copies reserved in Dun Laoghaire and Dundrum for Monday, but it seems unlikely they'll arrive as there was no reservation number! Wait and see I guess, would still be ecstatic with a 29.99 copy!

Missed out myself and got a reservation number yesterday despite being told when I went down that the didnt have it, waste of a journey, girl said unlikely that they'll be getting it in again cause its from old stock.. I have a spare copy of metroid trilogy if anyone has an extra they want to trade.

z2t5.jpg

I have a spare copy of metroid trilogy if anyone has an extra they want to trade

How do you mean, trade for a reservation number?

How do you mean, trade for a reservation number?

no sorry I meant trade for a copy of xenoblade if anyone picked up two, just looking for a copy for myself tbh, missing it from the collection and both seem to be of similar value.

no sorry I meant trade for a copy of xenoblade if anyone picked up two, just looking for a copy for myself tbh, missing it from the collection.

Is that Metroid Prime Collection Collectors Edition or the standard one?

Is that Metroid Prime Collection Collectors Edition or the standard one?

not the steelbook one, regular, does have the insert though and my other copy is the exact same only says collectors on the sleeve.

not the steelbook one, regular.

I'll do that, I've to collect a Xenoblade on Monday/Tuesday if you want to trade?

• Advertisement

I'll do that, I've to collect a Xenoblade on Monday/Tuesday if you want to trade?

Yeah that'd be great, many thanks PM me on your details when if you get it and ill mail it out to you. Thanks.

[Shock Shock Horror] Category Mod engages in game trading with another user in the wrong forum, infractions considered!! [/Shock Shock Horror] ;)

[Shock Shock Horror] Category Mod engages in game trading with another user in the wrong forum, infractions considered!! [/Shock Shock Horror] ;)

dcrhpu.jpg

To apply, or not to apply...that, is the question...:P

Actually I do apologize folks, my bad...

lol sorry my fault, should have posted in the appropraite forum :pac:

dcrhpu.jpg

Do it. I never liked that Ciderman fella anyway. :P

• Advertisement

dcrhpu.jpg

Do it I say,
    The absolute power of being a moderator has corrupted me absolutely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

1381206_778461062171957_1937371801_n.jpg

Retropolis took the above photo, said it's been abandoned on Camden St.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Retropolis/561122793905786

So much love for that game. Such a shame to see it in that state. I'd say it's beyond economical repair. No steering wheels, seats or handbrake which I'd say would be pricy to source and possibly have shipped.

The monitors might still be good for something though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The rest of its probably knocking about somewhere. I'd imagine its been well pissed on by now ��

It's cab abuse, that's what it is!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For the next 24 hours playasia are selling consoles 20% off. Might be a good way to pick up a us 3ds if it can slip past customs.

Don't know if this is a bargain or not and the location won't suit most but TRTV in Arklow are selling off the 3ds xl with super mario 3d land for 199.

5 only.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Has anyone been keeping an eye on Xenoblade Chronicles on ebay?

Argos must have found a warehouse full of them. The amount of ebay now is just silly. Price has dropped loads too as you can imagine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=xenoblade+chronicles+controller&_sop=10

Has anyone been keeping an eye on Xenoblade Chronicles on ebay?

Argos must have found a warehouse full of them. The amount of ebay now is just silly. Price has dropped loads too as you can imagine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=xenoblade+chronicles+controller&_sop=10

Wow, they've flooded the market with them. Price drop is significant too. I wonder though, when these copies are sold off & it becomes a bit more hard to find again, will the value start to creep up in a few years? There can't have been that many copies found to permanently affect the value of the game can there?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say prices will creep up again. It's one of the best RPGs of all time and released at the end of a consoles life cycle. It has all the hallmarks of that occuring.

Then again there's games like Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne that never regained their market price after a rerelease.

Then again there's games like Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne that never regained their market price after a rerelease.

Rather than being a re-release though, this is a warehouse find of some description...meaning the supply of new copies will dry up fairly quickly & suddenly. You could be right though, it's all speculation. Think I'll keep mine sealed anyway, & live in hope :D

I've decided to hang onto mine, sold on the bog standard edition though, no sense being too greedy!
    I will play it, eventually!

Master of the Universe

Wow, they've flooded the market with them. Price drop is significant too. I wonder though, when these copies are sold off & it becomes a bit more hard to find again, will the value start to creep up in a few years? There can't have been that many copies found to permanently affect the value of the game can there?

It remains to be seen really!

There have been instances of warehouse finds reducing the value of things in the past.

If a certain amount of people want a rare game and then the market is flooded, many of them will now be able to buy the game.

The scenario you're left with it a smaller pool of potential buyers as everyone already has it. (and on top of this, there may still be lots of copies left on ebay)

As you said, all depends on the size of the find really. I'm keeping mine sealed for now as I have a bog standard copy to play for the time being :)

Will have to keep an eye on some of those auctions, even if I wind up paying double the price of Argos it's still preferable to what they were going for beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Will have to keep an eye on some of those auctions, even if I wind up paying double the price of Argos it's still preferable to what they were going for beforehand.

Cex in he UK have it for £35 pounds I think. Could you use parcel motel and get it from there? Works out at less than double the Argos price.

Well, CEX in Santry now have my regular copy of Xenoblade, paid me the princely sum of €20 for it.
    And they'll flog it for €35!

• Advertisement

I will play it, eventually!

Sure....

I wish more people would play it and finish it, would love to have a big discussion on it but it being over 100 hours long doesn't really lend itself to completion. The way it deals with the relationships between the characters is just superb. People yatter on about the last of us but for realistic relationships between people Xenoblade totally trumps it. Some of the stuff it deals with I've not seen a game deal with it before. The relationship between Melia and Shulk in particular is incredibly well done and couldn't be further from the standard love interest stuff you see in games. It couldn't be any further from the standard JRPG love interest stuff. It was a really brave approach and I have to applaud Monolithsoft for exploring something like that in a game, Melia was just such a fascinating character.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement