Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bitta help here ladies

• 21-10-2008 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Right,

Girl is new best pal

after 6 months i become mad about girl

Dont have the balls to do anything about it as I am sure she is out of my league

so... (clever idea) in order to get the girl out of my head, set her up with my best mate for years who just came out of a long relationship, and he could have done with one night stand or at least a score, so i talked him up and she was all excited to meet him

They met, they scored and now their in line for going out ( fastest relationslship i have ever seen )

Problem is now i have to see them around eachother all the time, and i feel like the third wheel, all i wanted was her out of my head and all i see is her, and her asking me questions about him all day long.

worst plan ever, she is mad about him, he is mad about her, i am even madded about her.

and its doing my nut in.

sort this out girls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

About all you can do with this one is learn from it.

Drop the "She is out of my league" bull****, grow a pair, and tell the next chick you like that you like.

Why the **** are people so afraid of rejection? It becomes this giant spectre in their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

QS THIS wrote: »
    sort this out girls

why should the girls sort this out, you are the one who got yourself into this mess in the first place. My advise would be to start digging up now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He's just on the rebound, i give it 3 months tops. Then you can take advantage of her vulnerable state, but then she'll be on the rebound, i give you 3 months tops.

By the way, your line of thinking for this was completely retarded... seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Silly silly boy.

Nothing you can do now only chalk it up and learn from it. No-one is out of your league and if they think they are, they are not worth persuing.

Unfortunately you will have to grin and bear it until they break up, if they break up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 QS THIS

He's just on the rebound, i give it 3 months tops. Then you can take advantage of her vulnerable state, but then she'll be on the rebound, i give you 3 months tops.

By the way, your line of thinking for this was completely retarded... seriously.

well straighten my line of think out then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Damn, that's one for the soap operas.
    Surely you mus have seen this coming?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Damn, that's one for the soap operas.
    Surely you mus have seen this coming?

ahh here, im a ****ing disater sometimes, I might just cut the rope and be done with it not worth the hassle or the storm that could happen, just dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

OP, mind if I ask your age?

Just out of interest, is this girl your best pal because of her attractiveness or despite it?

Just out of interest, is this girl your best pal because of her attractiveness or despite it?

dispite that she's cool ( but hott to boot )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Clown - that'll learn you.

Sorry but what sort of a crappy plan was that. "I'll set her up with someone else, so....". How was that ever going to work.

Zulu wrote: »

Sorry but what sort of a crappy plan was that. "I'll set her up with someone else, so....". How was that ever going to work.

just to get her out of my head, but didn't work, i half knew it wouldn;t - ficking stupid !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Zulu wrote: »

+1 and with your best mate too? Couldn't have been a worse idea.

Don't hang around waiting for them to end though, it would be like a watched pot, they'll end up married and you'll be sat there watching and waiting for her to run to you. It's not gonna happen.

Time you moved on and set your sights on someone else, if you like someone tell them, no one is out of your league, have a bit of confidence in yourself.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    OP, mind if I ask your age?

Do you not think the theory you may have been applying to your plan was a bit....12-14 year old?

Gotta say, I'm feeling for ya. Must feel like a right kick in the shins.

and i will also add, - - she is trying to set me up with one of her pals, which i have no interest in , of which she is aware , although i think she like the idea of her and my mate and me and her mate --- eastenders of whaa- fair city eat your heart out

Do you not think the theory you may have been applying to your plan was a bit....12-14 year old?

Gotta say, I'm feeling for ya. Must feel like a right kick in the shins.

theory, i wouldn;t give it that much credit, ****in mess more like,

shins, no its a little higher than that

It's a setback, this stuff happens all the time. Just try and convert your thoughts of her from 'best friend' to 'Other best friend's hot gf'.

dispite that she's cool ( but hott to boot )

Not judging you or anything, but I've known a few people to be blinded by beauty, so to speak, and end up thinking an attractive member of the opposite sex was more of a friend than they would have been had they not been so hot.

It's a setback, this stuff happens all the time. Just try and convert your thoughts of her from 'best friend' to 'Other best friend's hot gf'.

Your a very nice person all together aren't ya

• Advertisement

What's that supposed to mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

roe is a horrible person
    :P

Go suck some bull cock, jizzbag!

it means what it says - nothing smart

it means what it says - nothing smart

Based on the first post of this thread no fear of that! :pac:
    I'm banned arent I?

Based on the first post of this thread no fear of that! :pac:
    I'm banned arent I?

Cheers for that pal, but warrented due to actions i suppose

Sorry, couldn't resist. Although TBH there is not much we can do for you right now. Best action you can take is none at all IMO. With any luck as others have said it will all blow over in due time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

and the worst thing if they do split, she is going to be your best mates ex and depending on your friend takes the mates ex's are off limits thing, he mightn't want you trying it on with her if they do split up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Go suck some bull cock, jizzbag!
    Charming.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, he gets it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

awwww

don't worry rozabeez, all is forgiven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭coco85

JUST TELL HER THE TRUTH.. before you get into the "hitting on your best friends ex-girlfriend" saga!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

coco85 wrote: »
    JUST TELL HER THE TRUTH.. before you get into the "hitting on your best friends ex-girlfriend" saga!!!!!!
    Worst. Advice. Ever.

Bit of Love Actually role play perhaps, get a load of signs nyahaha

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Right,

Girl is new best pal

after 6 months i become mad about girl

Dont have the balls to do anything about it as I am sure she is out of my league

so... (clever idea) in order to get the girl out of my head, set her up with my best mate for years who just came out of a long relationship, and he could have done with one night stand or at least a score, so i talked him up and she was all excited to meet him

They met, they scored and now their in line for going out ( fastest relationslship i have ever seen )

Problem is now i have to see them around eachother all the time, and i feel like the third wheel, all i wanted was her out of my head and all i see is her, and her asking me questions about him all day long.

worst plan ever, she is mad about him, he is mad about her, i am even madded about her.

and its doing my nut in.

sort this out girls

Have a close look at the top of the page. Does it say Personal issues? No? Well then why are you dragging this crap in here? You came up with the worst plan since Hitler invaded Russia in winter and then demand that the ladies here sort your mess out. Some days I really despair for the future of humanity.

So here's what you do:

- Leave your mate's love life alone in future. He's a big boy and managed to get himself into a long-term relationship, so chances are he'll have some idea what he's doing when it comes to meeting women.
    - Grow a pair and ask the girl out if it doesn't work out with your mate and she becomes newly single in the near future. You've known her 6 months, it's not like you'll be jeopardising a lifelong friendship.
    - If you can't manage either of those, or your friends go on to have a long relationship, be happy for them. They are your friends after all, and that's what friends do.

No point in moving this to PI at this stage, so thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement