Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable time left waiting in hair salon???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I find any of the "brand name" places leave you waiting, even if like me you're usually one of the first booked in on a weekday morning. I go to a place near my house, they use the same products, but the girls there give me a simple cut (I can't be arsed doing my hair every morning), and listen to me when I worry about hair colours lasting. Not huge difference in price, but big difference in how I am treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I've been going to the same salon for about eight years.

That being said, the length of wait times I've spent there over the years is utterly appalling. I'm usually shampooed quickly enough after getting there, but from the time I walk in to the time I leave is often somewhere around two hours. (Sometimes longer, because I get my hair straightened every six weeks or so). Forget waxing -- waiting in a hair salon is one of the worst parts of being a "well-groomed" woman!! :p

If my stylist is running really late, she makes a pitcher of some alcoholic goodness. (Of course, that only makes her later, but keeps the clients happier.)

And yet, given the results I've gotten from going to other salons, it's easier than finding someone else that I like! Perhaps I'm just a glutton for punishment . . .

Advertisement