Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how many partners

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im on 7 i think and im 17.
    that being said i havent had sex in 8 months out of choice as when i was younger i was so insecure that when any lad showed any interest i felt almost obliged to do stuff with them.as thought i was lucky that anyone would choose to be interested in me.
    none of them were one night stands though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

john1963 wrote: »
    time to own up lads and ladies, how many sexual partners have you had. surveys say average of 8. sounds alot!!!

This is the 2nd or 3rd time this year that you have asked this question. Why? Is it because you think that someone somewhere is having more sex than you? Then there was the "black tights" post in Fashion as well. You seem to have some serious issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

time to own up lads and ladies, how many sexual partners have you had. surveys say average of 8. sounds alot!!!
    John - Im fascinated too -why the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Christy Manure

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Y'know I consider that to be a compliment but somehow I doubt you meant it from the same occult and metaphysical understanding of the term that I have.

What would you call a male who had 10 partners in one year ?
    Or are you some one who thinks the end of the world is nigh and is looking out for the signs as listed in the book of revelations ?

What is your 'occult and metaphysical' understanding of the Whore of Babylon? Could you provide a link to some info on this?

On topic: About 100+ for me. Quite a few of these have been absolute rotters that I was with when I was drunk, and nobody who has seen these creatures considers me to be any kind of a hero or stud. Quite the opposite - the consensus is that I have been taken advantage of numerous times by predatory females who made their moves on someone who was incapable of rational thought.

Girls constantly lament the double standard that girls with a lot of partners are considered sluts, while guys are not. However this is a different double standard - a guy who takes advantage of a girl who is totally out of it is known as a rapist. How are girls who do this thought of?

I wonder what would happen if guys decided to protect their friends the way girls do, and in situations such as this, came over to the girl and shooed her away. "Get away you evil bowler! He doesn't want to be with you."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

that being said i havent had sex in 8 months out of choice as when i was younger i was so insecure that when any lad showed any interest i felt almost obliged to do stuff with them.as thought i was lucky that anyone would choose to be interested in me.
    none of them were one night stands though

You 'think'? Jeez not knowing exactly how many sexual partners you've had at 17 is a bit mad.

I find that a little hard to believe but fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd be of the general opinion that numbers don't count.

If you're going out and having sex because you bump into someone you're attracted to, great, knock yourself out. If you're doing it, so that you can tell your mates or pat yourself on the back, thats just sad TBH.

A friend of mine shags all round him, he will honestly say that if he meets a girl who shags a few hours after meeting him, he has no respect for her. :eek: There was a girl he was seeing for a month, she wouldn't sleep with him, it was the longest relationship he had. They broke up without sleeping together and he is crazy about her. He will openly admit, he fancies her all the more because she held out.

He has maybe 2, 1 night stands a week. If I asked him who he was with last saturday he would have a hard time remembering her name.

Last week he brought a girl back to my house after a night out, we sat up for a few drinks and headed off to bed. None of us had ever met this girl before 11pm that night. About half an hour after we went to bed you could hear the two of the at it in the sitting room. She was soooo loud, it was hilarious. Her mother is my next door neighbour. There is no doubt that she could hear her. I might get slated for this but the word "slapper" popped into my head.

If I wasn't in a relationship, I would be so worried that having a one night stand would amount to another notch on the bed post, and a forgotten name. I have to admit, if a guy told me a very high number, I would think twice about going near him. Because of the lack of respect I've seen from my friend.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You 'think'? Jeez not knowing exactly how many sexual partners you've had at 17 is a bit mad.

I find that a little hard to believe but fair enough.

To be fair to her I had to do a count before I replied to this thread cos it's not something I gave a lot of thought to or sit around reminiscing about. And I almost forgot a drunken encounter when counting too! It meant THAT much to me! :P Plus like I said, there have been loads of times when I've done everything but intercourse so I had to think about those times and remember what was done.

But then again, I'm 24 in a couple of weeks...... However there's nothing wrong with what she said, she admitted that she was doing it out of insecurity which is big of her. We're all very immature in our attitudes and approaches to sex at that age, I know i was for sure.

Also Xavi, you didnt answer the question so GTFO!! :pac::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fair play to you for realising that - that's remarkably mature for a 17-year-old. I've no doubt it's very common for teenage girls and guys. Doesn't help then when there's all this bravado and normalising of underage sex. I'm not saying two 15-year-olds can't fall in love and have consensual sex - there's absolutely nothing wrong with that - but promiscuity is probably something many teens feel under pressure to engage in with the likes of e.g. that Wesley crap ("beat the slapper", snowballing - Jesus...)
    However there's nothing wrong with what she said, she admitted that she was doing it out of insecurity which is big of her. We're all very immature in our attitudes and approaches to sex at that age, I know i was for sure.
    +1
    And believe in yourself more Aisling. Hope you've become more confident. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

On topic: About 100+ for me. Quite a few of these have been absolute rotters that I was with when I was drunk, and nobody who has seen these creatures .......blah blah blah....

Banned. Don't rise to this post please or I will have to close the thread. It's a muppet magnet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

CDfm wrote: »
    John - Im fascinated too -why the question?

because i am doing a thesis on "irish attitudes to sex". as you can see by the number of responses people are interested in this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

because i am doing a thesis on "irish attitudes to sex". as you can see by the number of responses people are interested in this

So are you considering this as a kind of survey?

If so it would have made more sense to target a forum with a more rounded population?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

could you actually reference this in a thesis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

No, I think he is genuinely interested, don't know if it's for his own happy endings or what. He started a thread before and it got locked on the first page. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055239137 I am sure the OP has gotten his answers now, so I am closing this thread as it I am wary myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement