Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Captain

Options
  • 27-08-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

Since there's captain chatter in some other threads, I might as well start the official one. Not completely decided, but have the armband on Siggy currently. Ramsey is also appealing but he has two tap in goals that came with Giroud on the pitch.
    This week should be much closer than the last two where Rooney and Costa ran away with the polls.

Who are you captaining? 225 votes

Wayne Rooney
    0%
    Juan Mata
    42%
    TacTkrinpitthe whole year innAdMMMsionnachIagoShaque attackSooner or LaterbohsmanrorycJoeyjoejoe43LemlinMacker1Nalz[Deleted User]tom_kMr. IncognitoSchismbanteeMr. Guappa 95 votes
    Daniel Sturridge
    1%
    jamesbondingsNoviGlitzkojtownddoylers 4 votes
    Raheem Sterling
    0%
    billymitchellFigsy32 2 votes
    Diego Costa
    0%
    Cesc Fabregas
    4%
    VokessegadreamcastNabyLadisthemanbeaver111madzersMarkxwilliewallaceKingJamsieGaillimh1976CalvinNib 11 votes
    Eden Hazard
    1%
    Sideshow Markrossitsebcity 3 votes
    Sergio Aguero
    0%
    bangkok 1 vote
    Stevan Jovetic
    10%
    FastFullBackT-b0n3ronan.hIce87[Deleted User]Inspector Coptoorx43r0senorG8-10larchieladsmanual_manstiffler123LightningBlueMattHeldersDietsquirtmellowsThe_MaskAlfred BordenroblakioTangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo 24 votes
    Aaron Ramsey
    10%
    DempseyArmaniJeanssdahatGonzovisionbo-scoOrmuspaulb06martineatworld2ndcomingthe incredible puddinglorenzo87Slattsysheroman01SpaceCowb0yalchemist33Walter WhiteWestern PomiseIrish Arisstonemanicyozico 24 votes
    Gylfi Sigurdsson
    16%
    Dadesrock whorezarquonbofbig_showmenoscemoAmiranicallaway92Invinciblewho_ruO-DeazyPirateShampoomuppet_2008sashafiercelanger91Sanity_SaviourunplayablerichieffffjmaKeller Bear 37 votes
    Other
    10%
    Dont be at yourselfSkySterBinkaRikandDearg81sidconDotziedaithijjjManzoor14littlesthoboFowler87hotsGetWithItKarma25John the baptistLostBoy101SureYWouldntYaLocal_Chapbiscuits1988qwabercd 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Can't decide - Ramsey or Silva probably.
    Rooney is another option as Utd have to strike back and who, if not their captain, can show them how it is done.
    I won't pick Chelsea player this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Juan Mata
    Di Maria is whispering in my ear, softly informing me that Rooney is the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Rooney is my only real option which makes me sad

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Van Persie is a real prospect here for me as is Aguero

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm steering well clear of United players.

Would give it to Jovetic if I was 100% sure hed play, but will likely go with Ramsey

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Van Persie is a real prospect here for me as is Aguero

Somebody is messing around with a nice shiny wildcard me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Juan Mata
    Siggy is the only player in my first 11 playing at home this week. This is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aaron Ramsey
    roryc wrote: »
    Siggy is the only player in my first 11 playing at home this week. This is worrying.

Half the reason the Jovetic captain gamble went ahead last night, likely to start and at home v a team still finding it's feet this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Stevan Jovetic
    Aguero, not even close. Even if he doesn't start he still scores

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Juan Mata
    Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

No Yaya at home to Stoke on the poll. Oh how the mighty have fallen :pac:

Now I'd recommend that everyone go and buy him as he's clearly going to punish me :eek:

My gut is telling me it's between Ramsey and Jovetic but Rooney and Costa deserve to be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Juan Mata
    I'm not considering Ramsey at the minute. He might not play tonight against Besiktas but the rest of the side will.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Juan Mata
    Going with Rooney because I've no decent other option. I'm not willing to take a -4 gamble on Aguero because I don't think Pellegrini will start him.

He still hasn't played even a full half of football in a game for City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lemlin wrote: »
    Going with Rooney because I've no decent other option. I'm not willing to take a -4 gamble on Aguero because I don't think Pellegrini will start him.

He still hasn't played even a full half of football in a game for City.

Logically I'd say he'll play a bit more of this game as a sub, pick up a mysterious knock to miss the friendly and do his pre-season and rehab work for hamstrings etc over international break. Think that's what they've been aiming at with his limited minutes and why he possibly won't start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aaron Ramsey
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    Logically I'd say he'll play a bit more of this game as a sub, pick up a mysterious knock to miss the friendly and do his pre-season and rehab work for hamstrings etc over international break. Think that's what they've been aiming at with his limited minutes and why he possibly won't start again.

This is what I'd be hoping for. He may even start, with hopefully Dzeko rested due to his knock, with Aguero coming off after about 50mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Aaron Ramsey
    Trying to decide between Jovetic and Sigurdsson. Costa, Fabregas and Ramsey my only other real options but have a feeling it will be one of the first two. Will decide after the pressers on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭golfball37

Eric Dier all the way

• Advertisement

Juan Mata
    FHFC wrote: »
    This is what I'd be hoping for. He may even start, with hopefully Dzeko rested due to his knock, with Aguero coming off after about 50mins.

As Kenny said, I don't think they'll start him ahead of international duty. I think City will be arguing with Argentina that they shouldn't be starting him.

I think Pellegrini is focused this time on getting him right for the season ahead. He was rushed back too many times last year and broke down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aaron Ramsey
    As Kenny said, I don't think they'll start him ahead of international duty. I think City will be arguing with Argentina that they shouldn't be starting him.

I think Pellegrini is focused this time on getting him right for the season ahead. He was rushed back too many times last year and broke down.

I'd have more been thinking of him starting and coming off with a'knock' giving them an excuse to miss the international.

Juan Mata
    FHFC wrote: »
    I'd have more been thinking of him starting and coming off with a'knock' giving them an excuse to miss the international.

If they start him though, it'll make it easier for Argentina to start him. I think they'll let him travel with Argentina but the argument will be made well we haven't been starting him so why should ye.

Last year he was rushed back for key games like Barca and Liverpool but this year Pellegrini now has a few weeks to take his time with him. Aguero is not needed for City to beat Stoke at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'd be inclined to go with FHFC, it's a much better story to start him and take him off early :) We'll see, I'm still not getting him in yet.

Can't believe Phil jones isn't an option ;)
    It'll be Silva or Jovetic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Aaron Ramsey
    Couldnt have a man u player.
    Jovetic for me.

Adding to the Aguero conspiracy if he started and "got injured" his price could fall over the next 2 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Other
    Adding to the Aguero conspiracy if he started and "got injured" his price could fall over the next 2 weeks :D
    And then blanks against Arsenal and Chelsea bring him down to 11.5m for GW6 cloud9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Gylfi Sigurdsson
    Really hoping Pellegrini trolls everyone by starting Aguero starts and benching Jovetic. Whoever starts for city will be a great captaincy choice but there is far too much of a rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Going with Adebayor again this week, did the business last, at home this weekend and spurs are going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Somebody is messing around with a nice shiny wildcard me thinks.

Yup

Advertisement