Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

fiddlechic wrote: »
    Poached eggs on avocado/lime/salt/pepper on sourdough toast

I love Poached eggs and have two (on brown multi seed toast with butter and Marmite) most weekday mornings but I just can't imagine poached eggs on Avocado which might sound weird coming from a guy who has them with Marmite!!

Why avocado? Is it high in protein or what? Does it just taste good with poached eggs? Also, what's the process? Do you just scoop out the avocado sprinkle on some lime, season with salt and pepper, mix it up and spread it on the toast?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Poached eggs and avocado is an amazing combo. Only ever use ripe avocados. I usually buy them about 3 - 4 days before I want to eat them as they're always rock hard in the shops. When they feel soft to the touch they're ready to eat.

I usually just mash the avocado onto toast, sprinkle with salt and lots of black pepper. Top with the egg and then put in face. It's really good.

PS Avocado is really high in good fats, not protein. Tastes really creamy and nom when it's ripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I had eggs scrambled with sausages and topped with buttery soft, limey avocado and coriander for breakfast today, it was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Ben, as homedecider said - it is the perfect marriage.
    I use mashed avocado with either lime or lemon juice as "butter" on toast under eggs, either poached or scrambled. It's just so tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Peoples choices sound so healthy so i'll confess- i'm Rubberchikken and i eat 3 slices of toast with butter and marmalade and a small pot of tea every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The past few mornings I've been tucking into tea & toast with my MIL's delicious jams - plum, raspberry or black currant.

Avocado is really high in good fats, not protein. Tastes really creamy and nom when it's ripe.

I thought Avocado's were really high in calories??

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

BenThere wrote: »
    I thought Avocado's were really high in calories??

Ben

Probably around 300 cals for an average sized avocado.

They totally are, but good, nutritious, make-your-day-better calories. And loads of fat-soluble-vitamins-carrying fats too. Proper super foods!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

2 poached eggs and granary toast at 6.30. I always need a good breakfast to get me started when in work early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

A Malteser cupcake complete with buttercream icing.

I'm very bold :o

Well I had made 24 to bring into work, it seemed rude not to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

Banana, yoghurt and granola. Have the same for tomorrow but now I wish I had avocados!!

I know, that avocado looks gorgeous! Think I'd probably put a teeny bit of chilli in too.

I'm not doing much better this morning, damn work colleagues leaving, it's turned into a cake-a-thon.

So this morning I had 2 plums, and a couple of slices of chocolate biscuit cake :o

This morning has been a latte and a load of blueberries. There was supposed to be a yoghurt in there somewhere but all the ones I could find in Spar are ones that have been previously gagged on by me and tagged as 'cloyingly sweet'. Tomorrow I shall be better prepared! There may even be porridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Butlers americano and a champagne flake chocolate.

Breakfast of champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Clementine, banana and kiwi in a bowl with a dollop of greek yoghurt, splash of milk and spoon of honey.

Back on the wagon after a terrible couple of mornings and a complete day of excess yesterday!

2 plums and I will abstain from cake at the retirement presentation I have to go to later this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Toulouse wrote: »
    Back on the wagon after a terrible couple of mornings and a complete day of excess yesterday!

2 plums and I will abstain from cake at the retirement presentation I have to go to later this morning!

There is cake everyday???!!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

This morning I had black and white pudding sandwich with a cup of of strong Lyons tea. Delish.

northgirl wrote: »
    There is cake everyday???!!:eek::D

For the last 10 days, unfortunately yes!

The tea crowd were wagered that they couldn't bring in cake every day for a week, so they were on a mission. Then I had to repay them for the cake I had eaten on Monday and also my friend was finishing up so I brought in cup-cakes for her. Then yesterday she left, so there was tea and cake. Today there was a retirement so there was a mega cake session but I refrained because I'm so sick of cake I can't look at it anymore I have such good willpower.

But I did snaffle a few cocktail squashages and chicken goujons :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

Oh my god, that looks fabulous! Am drooling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Baked avocado with eggs and bacon.

Nice I love avocado, how do I go about making this?

Do you bake the egg in the avocado at the same time?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nice I love avocado, how do I go about making this?

Do you bake the egg in the avocado at the same time?

Yeah, scoop out some of the avocado and break the egg into it. We baked them resting on muffin tins, but ended up with some egg white overflow in the holes.

It was tasty, but I'm not sure I'd bother again.

Just polished off a fluffy home-made pancake with maple syrup, 3 eggs over easy, a load of crispy grilled smoky streaky bacon, a nice cup of tea and a pint of ice cold water.

Feeling deadly and ready for LFC to whip Spurs in a couple of hours time!! (Always the optimist :P )

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Pancakes with caramelised banana and toasted walnuts. Himself had rasberry and strawberry sauce on his. Donal Skehan recipe.

Sorry about the pic, I had mine half eaten before I thought of a pic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Baked egg roll, the photo does not do it justice, basically a baked and rolled omlette/frittata.

29y15qs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Had half a honey dew melon this morning. Forgot how tasty they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Omelette, with peppers, onions, streaky rashers and lots of Kilmeaden cheese grated over it.

Yes, it's one of those mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Ribeye steak. 3 eggs over easy. Home made hash brown and sautéed onions. Pot of strong coffee and home made juice.

Advertisement