Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Australian barstaff such powertripping c*nts?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

lufties wrote: »
    its 600 in perth..i was travelling at about 30km an hour..thought it was excessive

So is the cost of having a fire crew pick little pieces of you out from the tires of a road train when you shot through the windscreen in what should have been a survivable accident.
    Ask anyone who has ever attended a serious accident whether they think it's excessive, they know, they've been there.

I understand the sentiment that it's a little upsetting to get a fine for it, but as a deterrent, has it worked ?
    If so then, from the rest of the road user's point of view, it was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

the thing that annoys me about speed cameras in Perth is that they put them in places like Mounts Bay Road where nobody ever dies.

Meanwhile out in the hills and country Wa the road toll keeps going. They deploy more speed cameras and catch more people but never solve the actual problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

Back to the OP,

I've just noticed that bar staff in Perth appear to be of a pretty poor standard. Multitasking is a definite no-no
    When I worked in a bar I would always have 3 or 4 orders on the go at any one time when busy.

The bouncers on the other hand...
    Saying that I don't blame them for being a bit standoffish with some of the carry on.

When I did go out the "no energy drinks after midnight" used to bug me. I don't drink so if I started to flag I used to have a red bull to put a pep in my step. Most of the places I tend to go to now will serve me a coffee. ( normally by some hipster in skinny jeans with a top knot haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Depends on the bar really! But there is a bit of a rock star mentality with a lot of bar staff - usually in the more upmarket venues, or places which are badly run and hire knob heads. In most normal bars I haven't encountered any hassle or really poor service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I will say no Australian bar staff I have encountered would never handle any pub withing 3km of Lansdowne Road on match day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,062 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Zambia wrote: »
    I will say no Australian bar staff I have encountered would never handle any pub withing 3km of Lansdowne Road on match day.

That's a fair assessment.
    Taking orders fast and the ability to handle 4 orders is not a skill they have grasped

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Timistry

totally agree with the above lads. cant multi-task at all. When I go home for xmas im amazed at the ability of Irish bar staff to take 4-5 hours at a time and pour all drinks at the same time, using Guinness settling time as a buffer between each order.

Also can never get used to the fact that you cant just sit at the bar, strike up a casual conversation with the barman, talk about the news/weather/sport and gradually befriend them so when you walk in they have your pint on and a seat ready for you!

Can understand the bouncers attitudes with the number of tossers around but alot of them seem to be on power trips. I got asked once to do the "touch your nose, stand on one leg" sobriety test going into a bar in Perth. My balance is not great at the best of times so they wanted to breathlyse me.... ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Zambia wrote: »

To be fair I would say any bar staff outside of Ireland couldn't handle a match day or a hectic Irish wedding down the country.
    Go across the water to the UK and feel you blood boil as you wait, and wait, and wait for the bartender slowly work his way through each customer. It's the one thing foreign friends of mine notice when in Ireland....How the f**k do they do all that!!!

Advertisement