Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What has put you in a bad humour today?

• 28-05-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭S Barrett

What has put you in a bad humour today? Please do not mention the weather. Was it the driver who cut in front of you today? Was it the shop assistant who could not smile to save his / her life? Or was it something far worse??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Not getting a reply on a thread I start for about 4 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Work......like it does most days but today was really a bad day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm not in bad humour today.

kfallon wrote: »
    Work......like it does most days but today was really a bad day

...go on, go on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Your thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Nothing.

I'm fandabbydosey as always.:)

How about you, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

S Barrett wrote: »
    What has put you in a bad humour today? Please do not mention the weather. Was it the driver who cut in front of you today? Was it the shop assistant who could not smile to save his / her life? Or was it something far worse??

Not being allowed to mention the weather :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Nothing in particular, my mood changes as fast as the Irish weather, did I say Irish weather ****ing crap....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

My colleagues. Complete and utter liabilities who don't give a damn about the work they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭DaithiMa

A horrible dose of man-flu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

reading boards

Nothing.

I'm fandabbydosey as always.:)

How about you, OP?

Thats only because you live like a king taking poo poos and cooking with the smell of the fresh stuff lingering about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

I eat my Fruit Pastilles using this system - greens first, then yellow, then orange, then red and finally black/purple (I don't know which colour it is but I am too upset to address this debate right now).

I opened a pack today that had 2 green, 2 yellow, 0 orange, 6 red and 4 black/purple. When I picked up my final red one, I realised that it was in fact orange. It had just appeared to be red by the way the sun had been shining on it.

Needless to say, I was furious. Day ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

That song "you walk like Rihanna.... My heart goes boom boom boom". What stupid lyrics. Must have being written by a 5 year old. the whole song is like that.

Had to turn the radio channel as the song just annoyed me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

That song "you walk like Rihanna.... My heart goes boom boom boom". What stupid lyrics. Must have being written by a 5 year old. the whole song is like that.

Had to turn the radio channel as the song just annoyed me..

Don't listen to the radio at all. I'm blissfully unaware of the song you just mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Put one of my disposable lenses in the wrong way out this morning and know from experience that squeezing it out and turning it will probably tear it, rendering it useless and necessitating another. So since funds are low, I've been blinking a lot. I can still see, it's just irritating. :-(

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Don't listen to the radio at all. I'm blissfully unaware of the song you just mentioned

Your better off, it's just retarded...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Power cut in Cork and a UPS failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Me. I am in a foul mood because I am a *insert all the cuss words you can think of* waste of space :mad:. I keep making promises to myself that I don't keep and I am genuinely fed up with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

lkionm wrote: »
    Not getting a reply on a thread I start for about 4 hours.

it took you 4 hrs to think of that??:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Home from work, decide that the evening is fine to cycle the 12Km to college for a swim. Grab the gear and head off through the Pheonix park. Such a nice evening, lots of people about walking and running and of course other cyclists too. Not at all bothered by the walkers/runners on the cycle track. I continue along the quays and over O'Connell bridge then go around Trinity and in through Lincoln place towards the gym. Still happy, I park up the bike and remove the lights, speedo and water bottle to my backpack, take out the lock and realise I've left the feckin' key to it at home. Ffffffffuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk. Didn't smile once on the way home. Feck it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Some guy starting a dole thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Tazium wrote: »
    Home from work, decide that the evening is fine to cycle the 12Km to college for a swim. Grab the gear and head off through the Pheonix park. Such a nice evening, lots of people about walking and running and of course other cyclists too. Not at all bothered by the walkers/runners on the cycle track. I continue along the quays and over O'Connell bridge then go around Trinity and in through Lincoln place towards the gym. Still happy, I park up the bike and remove the lights, speedo and water bottle to my backpack, take out the lock and realise I've left the feckin' key to it at home. Ffffffffuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkk. Didn't smile once on the way home. Feck it anyway.

I am really sorry - that must have been beyond frustrating. I feel guilty because I laughed at your misfortune. So, yeah, thanks for the laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

My husband :(

• I woke up really early to meet someone and was wrecked, only for them to text that they were running 45 minutes late as I was heading out of the door. I found out some bad(ish) news at the hospital. I tried to fill in my tax return but don't understand half of it. My phone has run out of credit. I haven't had any freelance work in over a week. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hogata

Alarm clock

returnNull wrote: »
    it took you 4 hrs to think of that??:pac:

Well I had to wait 4 hours to write that, it would have been silly if it had been 3 hours or 5 hours.
    It wouldnt have made sense otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

life just life so feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was actually nice and content until I read this, but now....now, I'm just...I don't even know :eek:

Although it might boil down to spilling my tea over the fruit pastilles predicament :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Knowing i have a load of stuff to do really early in the morning and i just know i wont be able to sleep tonight!!!!!

Neighbours kicking football around their front garden, they are 25 and all acting like they are 12, keep waiting for the ball to hit our car

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

The guy opposite me at work muttering to himself all day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My hormones :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Looking at the news and seeing the little baby that was flushed down the toilet in China.

What kind of monster(s) would do such a thing.

Anyway, he's safe now and doing well, the poor little mite.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Looking at the news and seeing the little baby that was flushed down the toilet in China.

What kind of monster(s) would do such a thing.

Anyway, he's safe now and doing well, the poor little mite.

Safe!!! hes living in China ffs thats what got him down a tube in first place......

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    My husband :(

Your husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I was in a good mood today overall. Had a moment of annoyance when a man in a Porsche outside the Santiago Bernabeu stadium (where the twats of Madrid congregate it seems) reversed into me as I was waiting to cross the road. He actually pushed me out onto the road a bit and if he'd gone any faster, I'd be a goner. Went up to his window and hurled some abuse at him in Spanglish while flailing my arms about. "Look in your rear view mirror you son of a prostitute" kind of stuff. Perked up about 2 minutes later when I realised it added a bit of excitement to an otherwise average day.

I was in a good mood today overall. Had a moment of annoyance when a man in a Porsche outside the Santiago Bernabeu stadium (where the twats of Madrid congregate it seems) reversed into me as I was waiting to cross the road. He actually pushed me out onto the road a bit and if he'd gone any faster, I'd be a goner. Went up to his window and hurled some abuse at him in Spanglish while flailing my arms about. "Look in your rear view mirror you son of a prostitute" kind of stuff. Perked up about 2 minutes later when I realised it added a bit of excitement to an otherwise average day.

Getting run over by Porsche s outside the Santiago Bernabeu ya your day sounded fairly average alright......

And i taught the sausage i had for lunch was exciting !!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Getting stuck behind some twatwaffle who decided to haggle the cost of busfare with the driver of the 25B earlier.

Also my dodgy back playing up again while I was out for my run :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:mad::mad: looking at the primetime special on rte 1 now on childminding :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I decided to buy a fillet steak today in a fairly expensive butchers that I happened to be passing. Would never usually pay above the odds for such a thing but the mood and sight of delicious meats just took me.

Anyway, when I got home and went to cook it, I noticed it was cut unevenly. One side was about 2 inches thicker than the other ffs. I cooked it anyway and inevitably it was ruined because half of it was overcooked.

I ate it regardless.. but I wasn't happy about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Primetime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

realies wrote: »
    :mad::mad: looking at the primetime special on rte 1 now on childminding :mad::mad::mad:

What's the crack with childminding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

What's the crack with childminding?
    maximization of profits to the detriment of care to creche children

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Day started off bad when I missed the bus. Had to walk in which if I do I usually leave myself more time for. Then had work colleagues trying to make themselves look good by making me look bad. You would think this would be a once off but typical really in my office. :mad:

Oh my time will come!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I lost my original birth cert and had to get a new one, it cost me €20, yes 20 fupping €. I understand administration costs or whatever but it does not cost them that much to look up my details and print the fupping thing off. It took literally 2 minutes, so a €10 a minute :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭S Barrett

This morning I had a twat in front of me on the Sth. Ring Rd. in a V.W. Golf who constantly changed lanes without indicating putting other road users at risk. When I caught a glimpse of him he was a man in his early 50`s who should have had more sense. I would love to drag him out of his car and give him a good kicking:mad::mad::mad::mad: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

3 baskets of ironing waiting to be done.agggghhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Not sleeping well last night because I work up with back and chest pains- had to get up, take a painkiller and wait for it to take effect. It's a stress thing :(

Must work on not letting work get to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I decided to buy a fillet steak today in a fairly expensive butchers that I happened to be passing. Would never usually pay above the odds for such a thing but the mood and sight of delicious meats just took me.

Anyway, when I got home and went to cook it, I noticed it was cut unevenly. One side was about 2 inches thicker than the other ffs. I cooked it anyway and inevitably it was ruined because half of it was overcooked.

I ate it regardless.. but I wasn't happy about it.

Now there's first world problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement