Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor pay as you go broadband Versus 3 pay broadband

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Any opinions on the figures below, is this normal?

Average Download Speed 0.03 Mb/s Average Upload Speed 0.02 Mb/s

way off, was your area checked in store before you purchased? average speed should be about 60-70 times what your getting i.e. in and around 2mbps down. on of my friends in inchicore uses it for xbox live without issues (ping can be high at times - 200+ms), his upload is 1mbps on average

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

theteal wrote: »
    way off, was your area checked in store before you purchased? average speed should be about 60-70 times what your getting i.e. in and around 2mbps down. on of my friends in inchicore uses it for xbox live without issues (ping can be high at times - 200+ms), his upload is 1mbps on average

I checked it in the shop and my area had coverage, although there was none close by. I called the helpline and thet said i was on the edge of coverage so all i get is edge rather than 3G. Ill have to bring it back i suppose. Pity as the other networks are supposed to be crap as well

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

My meteor prepay has been connecting for free for the last few days?? I took it apart to have a look at it to try mount it internally in my laptop and put it back together, I'm not using meteors software either I got the software from huawai's site and popped in all the same settngs. I have 0.00 credit when I check my balance When I connect I get the zerobalance topup screen and no conectivity for about 5 mins then google talk connects after a bit and I have full access. Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Fiend-Foe wrote: »
    My meteor prepay has been connecting for free for the last few days?? I took it apart to have a look at it to try mount it internally in my laptop and put it back together, I'm not using meteors software either I got the software from huawai's site and popped in all the same settngs. I have 0.00 credit when I check my balance When I connect I get the zerobalance topup screen and no conectivity for about 5 mins then google talk connects after a bit and I have full access. Happy days!

Whats the link to the huawai's software?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

damonjewel wrote: »
    Whats the link to the huawai's software?

Here

http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/doc/list.do?type=-1&id=5600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

725199185.png

This is a Meteor dongle's speed in my house in between Wicklow and Brittas Bay.
    Both Meteor and Three would not guarantee reception here. Tomorrow I'm going to test out a Three dongle and see what speed I get from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭onzlo

Which one will work with ubuntu 9.10?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

onzlo wrote: »
    Which one will work with ubuntu 9.10?

ive tested the 3 E160G Modem on ubuntu 8.10 and the o2 E1752 modem aswell both worked had problems with the 3 and o2 modems in 9.10 tough so i switched back to windows both work again yay:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 StormanNormaN

how ya i got meteor bbtg ,i just wonder if ther still upgrating it`s now the 3week :mad: slowly but surely it suks
    can enyone help me plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I don't understand this. I was living in the midlands & got the Meteor dongle. The coverage of the area per the map was the lowest you can get. It worked, was a bit slow. You can check your emails but can't really play videos at any decent speed.

Just moved to area of north Kildare & coverage map shows the area I'm in should have the highest coverage. But it's even bloody slower then when I was out in the shticks!! Like way slower.

Does this mean that there are just too many other meteor users in the area? Should I just try another one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

how ya i got meteor bbtg ,i just wonder if ther still upgrating it`s now the 3week :mad: slowly but surely it suks
    can enyone help me plz?

do you have 3G singal ?? >> is there a blue light on the modem when plugged in ?if yes then the service is bad in your area cos blue light supposed to mean fast connection to the network if its green then that would explain the slowness has it ever been fast can you do a speed test and post here if you know how to ?:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭darbat1

I have meteor and there is some very big problem with it if you are
    in dublin city centre there are only tree mast with only 48 people on each mast at any one time so only 144 people can use meteor i work in dublin 1 city centre it can take 5 hours to download 2mb omg (oh! my god)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Im getting the same Problem as the previous post. I 've had BBTG for over a year and whilst its never been great it was usable however for the last month or so I've been getting 0.03mbps on the blue light.I'm in the Blanchardstown area can anyone explain what the hell is going on

Advertisement