Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetherspoons - The Great Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Opening date for Wetherspoons The Great Wood mentioned as June 23rd below with another one in Swords next month.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/jd-wetherspoon-ireland-2113344-May2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ongarboy wrote: »
    Opening date for Wetherspoons The Great Wood mentioned as June 23rd below with another one in Swords next month.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/jd-wetherspoon-ireland-2113344-May2015/

That has been pushed back to the 30th of this month, according to their twitter feed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Great Wood? Really? Spoonies are supposed to be into their local connections for names. Who in Blanch has a massive wood right now?

;)

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Great Wood? Really? Spoonies are supposed to be into their local connections for names. Who in Blanch has a massive wood right now?

;)

The Great Scaldwood is its proper title. Part of the forest would have been in the area of where the blanchardstown centre now resides. Old Irish forest that was maintained by the local lords till Cromwell came. One of the last wolf's in Ireland was killed there. :)

The name was also chosen by public pole in the Northside people I believe

Looks like we are to have a beer garden at Blanchy Spoons :)

CHC2QkBWQAAZktt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

The Great Scaldwood

Blanchy Spoons - I can see that sticking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Beta Canis Majoris

Great to see some more jobs being created in the local economy, but I have heard mixed opinions on how they treat staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Lets reserve judgement and wait til the place opens and we see for ourselves.

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Lets reserve judgement and wait til the place opens and we see for ourselves.

Let's do one better, and go there opening day/evening and see for ourselves?

A "D15 Boards Blancy Blanchy Spoons Brigade"......of sorts :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I second the motion!

• Advertisement

I second the motion!

Let's do it so!

30th June looks like the date ? So, who's on board ??????

( Can't beat a Tuesday evening beer ! :D )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sounds suspiciously like a plan......

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Drove past it last night after the cinema and it was all lit up inside, looking really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Polar101

oblivious wrote: »
    Looks like we are to have a beer garden at Blanchy Spoons :)

While I like beer gardens, I don't think the Blanchy Spoons garden will be that great, unless one likes to watch cars passing by.

Polar101 wrote: »
    While I like beer gardens, I don't think the Blanchy Spoons garden will be that great, unless one likes to watch cars passing by.

The cheap pints will do me fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads, I have a few tickets for the soft opening of The Great Wood this Saturday. Complimentary meal and a drink, times are between 4pm and 5.45pm. It's a good opportunity to see the place, and gives the staff a chance to iron out any wrinkles. If people want tickets drops me a PM, I'll give preference to people who have posted in this thread ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Arciphel wrote: »
    Lads, I have a few tickets for the soft opening of The Great Wood this Saturday. Complimentary meal and a drink, times are between 4pm and 5.45pm. It's a good opportunity to see the place, and gives the staff a chance to iron out any wrinkles. If people want tickets drops me a PM, I'll give preference to people who have posted in this thread ;-)

Fek it, at some day after wedding carry on, would have loved to go :mad:

Fair play to you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Arciphel wrote: »

Oh yes please!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

amdublin wrote: »
    Any free wifi?

If not I can see no reason I'd have a coffee there during the day.

As for drinking there at night - no atmosphere, no amdublin

There's my post :)

amdublin wrote: »
    Oh yes please!!!!!

drop me an oul PM so!

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Fek it, at some day after wedding carry on, would have loved to go :mad:

Fair play to you!

Jeff, I just checked - some of them are for Friday if thats any use to you? Let me know! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Thanks so much, I'd love to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Typical, one of the few Saturdays we have a babysitter and have stuff organised.

Hope it goes great for you. When's the 'official' opening?

Edit. Nevermind anyway, this seems to be the one Wetherspoons thread I didn't post in!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Typical, one of the few Saturdays we have a babysitte and have stuff organised.

Hope it goes great for you. When's the 'official' opening?

This regard, there are tickets for Friday night as well ;-)

Friday
    4:30
    4:45
    5:00
    5:30

Again typical, my wife is away on business and won't be back until late. As much as I love Friday evening beer and food, not with 2 kids.

Thanks a lot though.

I'll be going on sat courtesy of ariciphel - thank you.

Will report back how it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lads, i must say to you, these preview sessions when held in Dun Laoghaire Spoons before Christmas, were an unmitigated disaster.

I know they are run precisely to drill the staff, but i would go along neither hungry nor with anything pressing in your life for about 5 hours after. And all the cheapest and most popular beer choices will run out in about an hour. Stock management is still a mess in Dun Laoghaire 6 months on

If I was going I wouldn't expect things to be running smoothly, or for them to have everything I want. In a previous life I was involved in the opening of new food premises and both staff, and to be fair customers, didn't expect a smooth running ship at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Arciphel - Any tickets left for Friday or Saturday? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Archiphel
    Would appreciate 2 tickets if available?
    Thanks P3

Advertisement