Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kellys Lounge Ongar Closed

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That's assuming the above post #49 is actually from someone connected to the business. Any goon can set up an account and claim to represent a business, so until they are verified as an official rep, anything they post here can be taken with a large pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I was in there Friday evening for a very quick pint. Interior of bar didn't appear to have changed much. The Menu looked ok, and the staff were very friendly. Most importantly of all, the pint of Guinness was creamy and good ;-) glad to see it open again. Best of luck of them, really hope it works out and that i can start calling my local again.

Muppet man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Any craft beer on tap could anyone see?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Was down there again this evening for another quick Guinness and there was a big crowd in the lounge.... Seems to be doing well on its first weekend anyway.

Didn't see ant craft beers to be honest... Usual largers and Guinness as far as I could see

Muppet man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Gerlad

Was in there last Thursday night and was very enjoyable. Place hasn't changed much from Kellys although it has had a clean up. I had wings to start and while there was loads for a starter they seemed like they had been baked with Franks sauce rather than baked first and then coated in the hot sauce but a few places cook them like this. Rib eye for main course was very good, perfectly cooked and the chips were excellent. Herself had the fried brie fot starter and cajun chicken burger and this was also good. Guinness was excellent also. The meni is relatively small but they will be doing early bird/deals etc in the future.

The girl serving us couldn't do enough - was very helpful. They seem to be finding their feet a little so no grand opening yet. According to the staff, the plan will be to have the sports bar upstairs and then serve food downstairs mainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Gerlad wrote: »
    I had wings to start and while there was loads for a starter they seemed like they had been baked with Franks sauce rather than baked first and then coated in the hot sauce but a few places cook them like this. Rib eye for main course was very good, perfectly cooked and the chips were excellent. Herself had the fried brie for starter and cajun chicken burger and this was also good. Guinness was excellent also.

What are the prices like? Can you remember what you were charged for what you's had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

The Guinness is excellent,
    I found the prices reasonable €15 for a bowl of chicken wings, garlic mushrooms, chips and onion rings.maybe a €4 for a chicken Caesar salad
    They do have the menu on the window if you want a proper look without the need to go in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Gerlad

dickwod1 wrote: »
    What are the prices like? Can you remember what you were charged for what you's had?

Think it was €5/6 for the wings but there was a good 10 or 12 of them. Ribeye steak with chips. mushrooms, onions, pepper sauce and salad was €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gerlad wrote: »
    Think it was €5/6 for the wings but there was a good 10 or 12 of them. Ribeye steak with chips. mushrooms, onions, pepper sauce and salad was €15.

Very reasonable prices!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Just spotted someone post the menu on Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I went over last night with the wife for a few pints and bit of grub.

I got a portion of wings and they were the biggest portion Ive ever got in a restaurant.Id say 15-18,didnt count though

The wife got Turkey and Ham and she said it was lovely,Nice roasted veg with it aswell

All in all a good experience ,the girls were lovely and I enjoyed it.

Ill be going back soon enough..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I was up that way this week, the pub has been re named to Cu Chulains.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

Morag wrote: »
    I was up that way this week, the pub has been re named to Cu Chulains.

Welcome to February :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Was in there last month and had a really nice meal - standard pub grub fare but cooked and presented professionally along with the service.

Speaking of bars (or intended bars) in Ongar, a Chinese businessman has bought the big yellow building at the other end of the street for €405K as per today's Irish Times. I wonder what his plans for it are? I don't really think Ongar can support another bar or restaurant at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into some sort of educational facility (TEFL/English language school) maybe?

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/commercial-property/bar-site-makes-405-000-1.1754491

Maybe mods should rename title of this thread to add in reopened as Cu Chullains?

Advertisement