Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know if my kettlebells instructor is properly qualified?

Options
  • 03-02-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

Is there a recognised worldwide governing body or standard? I want to try kettlebells but I am wary that some instructors may not be properly qualified, is there a registry available in Ireland? Or is it turn up for a day pay your fee and we will give you a cert and off you go and teach like it seems to be in Ireland for quite a few things! I am in Meath/Dublin areas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

youtube! wrote: »
    Is there a recognised worldwide governing body or standard? I want to try kettlebells but I am wary that some instructors may not be properly qualified, is there a registry available in Ireland? Or is it turn up for a day pay your fee and we will give you a cert and off you go and teach like it seems to be in Ireland for quite a few things! I am in Meath/Dublin areas

From my limited knowledge (so I am happy to be corrected) there's a two/three day course to become a certified instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Thanks for the reply. I just want to do some classes,no interest myself in becoming a trainer but I have heard that there are lots of unqualified trainers out there so I just want to find one with proper certification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Realistically you don't need an instructor, qualified or not! YouTube is your friend!.....and ur username

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

You're pretty much on the money with most of the qualifications in the fitness industry here. Going by reputation may be the best approach, unfortunately I don't know anyone in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Check out the RKC, WKC and AGATSU websites ... i think they might have a register of instructors available by country ...

but yeah, they standards across the board are really piss poor because the good ones are hidden among the bad ones and there's more bad than good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I'm doing a fitness instructor course at the moment and they are running kettblebell courses for instructors at the moment-1 day courses:eek:

I'd say the same as what was mentioned previously- go by reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Colm Brady Fitness do a fantastic kettlebells class in Navan. Himself and the brother are both fully qualified and dedicated. They've a page on facebook if you wanted to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Colm Brady Fitness do a fantastic kettlebells class in Navan. Himself and the brother are both fully qualified and dedicated. They've a page on facebook if you wanted to check it out.

Kostas in Meath kettle bell club is class! He medaled at the worlds (or was it Europeans?) just recently! He's in a few places but Energie in johnstown is where I know him from.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Best bet is to ask around your area and see who has the best reputation.

Once you have a recognised fitness qualification (whatever that is) you can be qualified to teach kettlebells in 1 day. that does not mean the person is not a great trainer.

Although I believe the best courses out there do take 2/3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Skyfall1

Burkatron wrote: »

Kostas in Meath kettle bell club is class! He medaled at the worlds (or was it Europeans?) just recently! He's in a few places but Energie in johnstown is where I know him from.

Burkatron, do you know where in Meath Kostas runs his club for the kettlebell sport training? Looking for a change from normal boring gym routine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Skyfall1 wrote: »
    Burkatron, do you know where in Meath Kostas runs his club for the kettlebell sport training? Looking for a change from normal boring gym routine!

He's gone from Énergie in the past couple of weeks! He's working out of animal Barbell in Blanch now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

problem with a lot of classes such as kettlebells is that they are badly run by poor instructors

and the exercises are not varied enough to keep people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How do I know if my kettlebells instructor is properly qualified?

There is only one way, throw a kettlebell at his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Skyfall1

Burkatron wrote: »
    He's gone from Énergie in the past couple of weeks! He's working out of animal Barbell in Blanch now!

Would you have a contact number for him, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

JJayoo wrote: »
    There is only one way, throw a kettlebell at his head.

Dodgebell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Dodgebell

It will look like the matrix, but with kettlebells.

Advertisement