Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I played it for about 10 hours... and then Dark Souls came along :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'm still on the first level of Demon Souls ffs :(

Need to put down the soldering iron and pickup a controller !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, CEX in Santry now have my regular copy of Xenoblade, paid me the princely sum of €20 for it.
    And they'll flog it for €135!

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sure....

I wish more people would play it and finish it, would love to have a big discussion on it but it being over 100 hours long doesn't really lend itself to completion. The way it deals with the relationships between the characters is just superb. People yatter on about the last of us but for realistic relationships between people Xenoblade totally trumps it. Some of the stuff it deals with I've not seen a game deal with it before. The relationship between Melia and Shulk in particular is incredibly well done and couldn't be further from the standard love interest stuff you see in games. It couldn't be any further from the standard JRPG love interest stuff. It was a really brave approach and I have to applaud Monolithsoft for exploring something like that in a game, Melia was just such a fascinating character.

I will be playing it some time soon, just have to grab my brother Wii and finish my essays and exams before I get stuck in. It won me over with how it doesn't utilise motion control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Anyone see the Daytona sit down on adverts?

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/sega-daytona-sit-down-driving-arcade-video-game-classic/4843768

Price isn't half bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Daytona is a great game but you'd need a twin really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Master of the Universe

The Time Crisis II from Cineworld in on Parnell Street is on adverts.

I've walked by this a lot and up until recently one of the rear projection screens wasn't working. There was a huge tear across it.

I wonder did the owner fix it up before sticking it up for sale?

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/time-crisis-ii-twin-upright-arcade-game-by-namco-blast-bad-guys/4843823

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

One of my grail gets right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As bad as crt monitors are for maintenance, rear projection screens are a different animal altogether.

Master of the Universe

Indeedy, and they dont look the best, even when factory fresh :eek:

I was going to suggest replacing them with LCDs, but then the lightguns wouldn't work.

Say you had the pedestal off one off these cabs,
    could you use two cheap projectors of the home cinema kind in the pedestal to project forward onto the wall?
    That could be cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    Say you had the pedestal off one off these cabs,
    could you use two cheap projectors of the home cinema kind in the pedestal to project forward onto the wall?
    That could be cool!

No idea, though they are rear projection screens so would that mean if the image was projected forward then it'd be flipped/mirrored on the wall? (left would be right etc)

Master of the Universe

That would be a really cool idea and save a crap load of space.

I've no idea how you'd get the guns working though. Even the ones that work with an LCD still require sensors placed around the screen.

So you'd have to do some crazy modifying. (maybe Wiimotes?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

o1s1n wrote: »
    The Time Crisis II from Cineworld in on Parnell Street is on adverts.

I've walked by this a lot and up until recently one of the rear projection screens wasn't working. There was a huge tear across it.

I wonder did the owner fix it up before sticking it up for sale?

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/time-crisis-ii-twin-upright-arcade-game-by-namco-blast-bad-guys/4843823

Oddly, reminds me how often I forget there's two arcade in the Cineworld complex. The pool-hall one is still well-stocked with lightguns, last I recall.

Master of the Universe

It's always been a really great little spot for light gun games alright.

Last time I was in there they had HOTD 3, HOTD 4, Terminator Salvation, Time Crisis II and Time Crisis IV.

Not bad at all for a small enough arcade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dino, myself and a few others were at Cap America: Beating badguys with a shield 2 and we saw a lovely Aliens lightgun game.
    Which is nice.
    No time to play, had to see Mr Evans smack some folk around with his shield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dino, myself and a few others were at Cap America: Beating badguys with a shield 2 and we saw a lovely Aliens lightgun game.
    Which is nice.
    No time to play, had to see Mr Evans smack some folk around with his shield...

Was it good? I tried to convince the other half to go last night for midnight for midnight showing. Had free tickets! No go, too busy doing her end of year fashion stuff for college. Some people are so inconsiderate.

No time to play, had to see Mrs Johansson and her two lovely... acting talents.

Fixed that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My internal quality barometer for 'quality of Scarlety Johannson films' has been upset mightily by the double whammy of Her and Under the Skin, so Captain America could only prove disappointing even by the low expectations I increasingly have of Marvel film productions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My internal quality barometer for 'quality of Scarlety Johannson films' has been upset mightily by the double whammy of Her and Under the Skin, so Captain America could only prove disappointing even by the low expectations I increasingly have of Marvel film productions.

[troll]She's not been in anything good since The Island...

[/troll]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

[not a troll] I quite enjoyed The Island [/not a troll]

[not a troll] heh heh... boobs...[/not a troll]

No wait sorry what? I'm not very good at this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »

No price and no sound.
    Although sound issues are probably among the easier fixes.

What you reckon its worth. €100?

Hmm, it hold the promise of a dedicated Robotron cab... also an assured divorce...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Sound could just be a dodgy board, these are great cabs, i have a xenon myself. if it was me with working monitor, i wouldnt let it go for less than 250-300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Advertisement

Someone snap that up, good price, condition looks good too.
    If I'd the space it'd be sitting in my apartment.

I'm working on it

If you remove the legs, fold the back glass down you'd fit in a large hatchback/estate with the seats down. Don't forget to remove the balls when your transporting it, otherwise the balls could end up somewhere they are not suppose to be and breaking something.

I'm rocking a VW Polo, dont think its going to happen haha.

Any other cars I have access to are smaller

Looks like I might have gotten it....YAY if I did

I've a spare audio board for a system 11 should you have any sound issues.
    I've also some other new in box spares, eg. switches, sensors, etc if you need anything.

Thats great, thanks man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

NTSC Vectrex, 10 games, 2 controllers, docs, overlays, rare carrying case! $200 + shipping cost from U.S. http://t.co/y6e8h6nNum

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Twilight Zone Pinball, Probably could get it really cheap as he wants it gone today by 12 or it will be skipped http://www.adverts.ie/5158895

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you might want to check your calendar Cowboy

haha I was thinking that alright :D The number on the ad is Dr.Quirkeys too lol

Haha I was going to put that up, smart bastards.

Is that machine still on the floor up there?

• Advertisement

Master of the Universe

They look like junk games to me :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks to Technofreek for this link, Raiden t-shirts for sale on AO. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Can someone recommend websites for A & R style t-shirts?

Shoot a load at me, I can't remember a lot of them!

waveform wrote: »

Shoot a load at me!
    :D

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Thanks to Technofreek for this link, Raiden t-shirts for sale on AO. :cool:

Nice one! Just bought one too.

I've bought two of their shirts before (I'm actually wearing the Toaplan one right now) and the quality is great.

Worth keeping in mind, their large is American large - ie; gigantic. I usually like large shirts in shops over here but the Toaplan one I got from them is like a tent!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice one! Just bought one too.

I've bought two of their shirts before (I'm actually wearing the Toaplan one right now) and the quality is great.

Worth keeping in mind, their large is American large - ie; gigantic. I usually like large shirts in shops over here but the Toaplan one I got from them is like a tent!

Yeah I went for Small figuring it would be similar to our Medium. I hope. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

:D

eab.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Master of the Universe

Lovely cabs. Although they lost a tad of their magic when I finally saw one in person recently and realized they're really big. Would make a lovely midi sized cab.

They look nicer with ball tops if you ask me...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement