Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying ANYTHING with phone credit?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Flight Radar 24 monthly subscription still works with Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

DazC98 wrote: »
    Anything new at all? Miss being able to use it on Xbox. They have mobile billing directly on Xbox in loads of countries, don’t know what the hold up is here.

who do we complain to in xbox to get this sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's not Xbox. It's three/vodafone. They seem to deactivate it for everything it's useful for. Probably by charging an extortion amount from the companies using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Flight Radar 24 monthly subscription still works with Three.

Bit of a niche thing to be interested in though, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Cloud storage is good usage

I have E5 over from the Vodafone deal and use it for Pcloud(500Gb) and have it syncing personal videos and pictures from desktop to the cloud. Any changes on PC folders it syncs them to the cloud so I don't need to remember to do anything

Can also backup pictures and videos from phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Is this the full list available?
    https://community.three.ie/t5/Products-Services/Pay-by-Mobile/ta-p/641912

Looks like there is some onstreet parking available that might be handy for some.
    Not too sure what Boku is but it looks like it is supported and there could be any number of vendors using Boku to accept payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

jeffk wrote: »
    Cloud storage is good usage

I have E5 over from the Vodafone deal and use it for Pcloud(500Gb) and have it syncing personal videos and pictures from desktop to the cloud. Any changes on PC folders it syncs them to the cloud so I don't need to remember to do anything

Can also backup pictures and videos from phone

I see that Mega allow payment via their app(s) which supports carrier billing too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

ArrBee wrote: »
    I see that Mega allow payment via their app(s) which supports carrier billing too

Or Google or Onedrive. not sure on Dropbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ArrBee wrote:
    Looks like there is some onstreet parking available that might be handy for some. Not too sure what Boku is but it looks like it is supported and there could be any number of vendors using Boku to accept payments?

Boku hasn't been supported for almost a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just spent €9 on the Android version of Stardew Valley, heard good things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Can an updated list of useful Apps that can be bought using Three credit from the Playstore be created and posted up on the first page or in a sticky.

Here are some:
    Pocket Casts
    Threema(alternative to whatsapp encrypted messsges)
    Lastpass( Password Manager)
    Flightradar
    Runkeeper (log and map running workouts)
    1Weather
    Couch25K (running program)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DazC98

tinner777 wrote: »
    who do we complain to in xbox to get this sorted?

I already got on to Xbox support live chat, was pretty much useless, he told me it was coming soon. Probably just saying that to get rid of me.

I just don’t understand why 3 in the UK allow carrier billing directly on Xbox store, and not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

I was starting my free trial of YouTube Premium in the Android app and despite my 3 credit being set up as a payment method it prompted me for card details. I assume I'm not missing something and Google don't let you pay for one of their own services with credit?

Has anyone ever paid for a newspaper subscription with their 3 credit? Specifically the FT...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone ever paid for a newspaper subscription with their 3 credit? Specifically the FT...
    I've been wondering if it's possible, but didn't see any options. I tweeted to the Sunday Business Post asking if I could subscribe to them that way /suggesting they think about it, but no reply. Also interested in a non-Irish paper or two.

It never occured to me to pay for a VPN with the 3 credit, just signed up to NordVPN there, channel 4 and BBC iPlayer working fine now, have to top it up once a month because 3 wont let you pay for a year but ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Thargor wrote: »
    It never occured to me to pay for a VPN with the 3 credit, just signed up to NordVPN there, channel 4 and BBC iPlayer working fine now, have to top it up once a month because 3 wont let you pay for a year but ah well.

Thanks. I am using Unlimited VPN, via 3 credit. I didn't know that Nord offered the same option.

Advertisement