Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! A job offer in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

Hiya, guys. Greetings from Jeddah. We have been here for about a week. Things are good so far. My husband is very happy as he feels like he's back to his home town. He's from the southern part of Italy and it's influenced a lot by the Arabs. And he can find a lot of Italian brands here too, from cooking pots to clothes ... Traffic is crazy but it's ok for my Italian husband who was born in a country with crazy drivers too ( but I think drivers here are more crazy, I wouldn't want to drive here anyway even given the chance )

Jeddah is really a quite open minded city. And you can see people are friendly. I am lucky I can come with my family. People respect families. We skipped queue in the immigration. Baby gets a lot of hugs, kisses, blessings, smiles and and funny faces from people here (men, women, kids ).

The family I work for is great. Working hours is much less than written on contract. They are going to do the resident permits for us now. Compound is great. Neighbour are friendly. So far, the experience is good.

We are now trying to sort out the childcare for baby. I have got a few people contacting us to work as a babysitter. But I am looking for childcare centre instead. Good for baby's social life and also my husband can focus on the work without baby around. The facility in the compound can't accommidate baby that young. So we will see.

Bye for now and thank you for all the advice given!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

booksale wrote: »
    Hiya, guys. Greetings from Jeddah. We have been here for about a week. Things are good so far. My husband is very happy as he feels like he's back to his home town. He's from the southern part of Italy and it's influenced a lot by the Arabs. And he can find a lot of Italian brands here too, from cooking pots to clothes ... Traffic is crazy but it's ok for my Italian husband who was born in a country with crazy drivers too ( but I think drivers here are more crazy, I wouldn't want to drive here anyway even given the chance )

Jeddah is really a quite open minded city. And you can see people are friendly. I am lucky I can come with my family. People respect families. We skipped queue in the immigration. Baby gets a lot of hugs, kisses, blessings, smiles and and funny faces from people here (men, women, kids ).

The family I work for is great. Working hours is much less than written on contract. They are going to do the resident permits for us now. Compound is great. Neighbour are friendly. So far, the experience is good.

We are now trying to sort out the childcare for baby. I have got a few people contacting us to work as a babysitter. But I am looking for childcare centre instead. Good for baby's social life and also my husband can focus on the work without baby around. The facility in the compound can't accommidate baby that young. So we will see.

Bye for now and thank you for all the advice given!!

Thanks for taking the trouble to give us an update and it is great to know everything is going well. I hope it all works out as well as it has started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Glad to hear its going well for you Booksale. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

We are now trying to sort out the childcare for baby
    There are some kindergardens around, but i don't know the minimum age for babies, generally people have maids who babysit.

Traffic has gotten worse over the years, cars are just way too cheap to buy and to run. Now you just need to learn how to make local hooch and you will be fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

smurfjed wrote: »
    There are some kindergardens around, but i don't know the minimum age for babies, generally people have maids who babysit.

Traffic has gotten worse over the years, cars are just way too cheap to buy and to run. Now you just need to learn how to make local hooch and you will be fine :)

Yes, everyone needs some Siddiqui!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

Oh, we were taught how to make the juice the first day we arrived! A British in the compound gave us the recipe.

My husband is very careful though. So we might just have some lemonade...

Advertisement