Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your miracle beauty products?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

*St Ives Apricot Scrub, no other scrub works as well as it on my skin
    *Urban Decay eyeshadow with a touch of their Eyeshadow Primer Potion, the primer potion is a godsend, put a dab on your eyelids, blend it on, throw on your eyeshadow and it'll stay perfectly and strongly all day and night!
    *Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter gel stuff for eyes. I put a dot on a lip brush and spread it on my eyelids. Stays on ages too.
    *Benefit Benetint, I use it on my lips and cheeks, can't live without it!
    *Loreal Cashmere touch conditioner
    *Clinque Superbalm: you'll never need another lip balm! even my boyfriend steals this :D

I need a good going out mascara, any suggestions?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cupcakes wrote: »
    I use Big Sexy Hair hairspray. Its awesome

You can buy Root Pump here:
    http://www.salonlines.co.uk/hair-products/sexy-hair-concepts/big-sexy-hair/

They don't seem to take laser :mad: WaaaWaaaa

I love Too Faced products, their lash extension mascara is the mutts nuts IMO.. as is their lip plumpers, savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kelly1979

have to say my favourite product is now;
    neutrogena's microdermabrasion kit, it leaves my skin really fresh looking and pummels through dead skin.
    obviously not as powerful as the microdermabrasion done in salons but still good and seriosly cheaper, bought mine online and haven't looked back, could'nt recommend it highly enough!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

*A friend of mine works as a beautician and she convinced me to change my skincare regime! I've changed to products by G.M Collin. Im using their cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer, Exfoliant and Mask. My skin is really starting to look healthier the more I use the stuff I'll never go back to what I was using before!!
    *Body shop Cocoa butter body butter, I can't live without it I just love the smell I could eat it!!!!
    *Yves saint laurent Touche Eclat
    *Clinique blusher (powder one in a little silver box) It looks really natural and blends really well, I use No, 110 Precious Pink.
    *Benefit High Beam for nights out to ad a bit of shimmer!!
    *Too Faced lip injection for nights out.
    *Badger lip balm for daytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Clinique Superdefense moisturiser.
    Clinique Redness Solutions Protective Base.
    Lancome Juicy Tubes.
    Kerastase Oleo-Relax.
    Redken All Soft Conditioner.
    John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum.

All of the above are miracle workers! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blondeambition

Clinique Superdefense moisturiser.
    Clinique Redness Solutions Protective Base.
    Lancome Juicy Tubes.
    Kerastase Oleo-Relax.
    Redken All Soft Conditioner.

All of the above are miracle workers! :D

Hey IrishPhoexnix

That Clinique Redness Solutions Protective Base - is that a colour corrector for redskin? or just blemishes? or is it like a primer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blondeambition

taram wrote: »
    *St Ives Apricot Scrub, no other scrub works as well as it on my skin
    *Urban Decay eyeshadow with a touch of their Eyeshadow Primer Potion, the primer potion is a godsend, put a dab on your eyelids, blend it on, throw on your eyeshadow and it'll stay perfectly and strongly all day and night!
    *Urban Decay Heavy Metal glitter gel stuff for eyes. I put a dot on a lip brush and spread it on my eyelids. Stays on ages too.
    *Benefit Benetint, I use it on my lips and cheeks, can't live without it!
    *Loreal Cashmere touch conditioner
    *Clinque Superbalm: you'll never need another lip balm! even my boyfriend steals this :D

Lovin DiorShow mascara, not the backstage one tho the regular diorshow black. REALLY huge wand which suits me n gives a nice thick even coverage in one sweep! Doesnt flake from my lashes but does seem to lump on the brush as it gets used after 2months or so so sometomes the brush needs wiping before application. Nice rose smell rather than chemical too

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Hey IrishPhoexnix

That Clinique Redness Solutions Protective Base - is that a colour corrector for redskin? or just blemishes? or is it like a primer?

It's a green tinted base with SPF 15 that cancels out redness in the skin. It doesn't conceal blemishes. It's a miracle worker if you're prone to reddish skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

taram wrote: »

Lancome Hypnose Onyx in Strass layered over your mascara of choice for colour and curl. Don't bother looking in the shops; it was advertised in Ireland, but never actually sold here (AFAIK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭yummycake

Roc cleansing milk. The best cleasing lotion that I've tried so far. It removes make-up and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and soft. Actually nearly all the Roc products out there are fab. They really do keep their promises!! :p

Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara works great for me and it's soo cheap! I've tired a estee lauder one before and it did nothing for my lashes. WASTE of money.

Speaking of Estee Lauder though... their Re- Nutriv cream is AMAZING. Pity it's soooo expensive.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Ahh yes I forgot to mention this!! Love it :)

Other stuff I forgot to mention:

-Perfume:Burberry Weekend and Britney Spears Fantasy - always get compliments when I wear it :D

-Body Shop night cream (in pink jar) - gorgeous smelling, and so soft!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Going to the US next week, always meant to try the Big Sexy Hair stuff but never bothered, think i will though! Is the whole line pretty good?

I ordered my Big Sexy Hair from Ebay.co.uk.. Got my message to say it's in the post... Woot.. Hopefully I'll have it for the weekend, went in post yesterday... God I love Boards.ie :D so informative :p

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Thinking of taking the leap and buying Dermalogica products, the anti-bac cleanser and oil free lotion! Got combination skin thats tempermental!
    Do ye like them? Should i go for a dermalogica facial before i take the leap?
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Going to the US next week, always meant to try the Big Sexy Hair stuff but never bothered, think i will though! Is the whole line pretty good?

I have only ever tried the Root Pump Plus mousse, but I would be interested in trying a few more things.

Xzanti, that's great, let us know how you get on, personally I find it great for big hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 XxkikixX

sally hansen airbrush legs is UNREAL!!!it goes on so well never streaks and lasts even in the rain...the best part is u can use it all over not just on the legs my favourite tan by far!
    also the aussie 3 minute miracle for damaged hair is really good left my hair like satin, even though its normally like straw thanks to my addiction to hair straighteners and hair colour:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

YSL Touche Eclat
    Body Shop Coconut body butter
    Astral..great for when my skin dries up completely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

XxkikixX wrote: »
    sally hansen airbrush legs is UNREAL!!!it goes on so well never streaks and lasts even in the rain...the best part is u can use it all over not just on the legs my favourite tan by far!

Which colour do you use and what does it turn out like?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

L'Oreal Exfotonic - brilliant for getting off fake tan and smells really nice.

Laura Mercier Camoflage concealer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

xzanti wrote: »
    Eve Lom face cleanser kit, got it in Therepe... It's like a wax that you rub into your face and you take a steaming hot muslin cloth and lay it over your face to activate the ingredients, not sure what's in it exactly, I can definately smell Tee Tree off it though, I only started to use it last week and I can see a big improvement in the condition of my skin...

I was thinking of trying this, in what way did it improve your skin, and do you find that a little goes a long way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

I second xxkikixx, I love sally hansan! Im not a huge fan of fake tan but this is great as you can dictate the colour you want, have no streaks and it washes off the next day. I use it all over my body too and it looks great. Pythia, there are three colours in it I think, light medium and dark. I am very pale and can use either the light or medium. Its about €15 per can so just try them out for colour.

I got my Big Sexy Hair in the post this morning \o/ :D can't wait to try it out, anyone got any tips on how to make the best of it, I have long (way past my shoulder blades) hair and I'm always trying to get that Beyonce look when I'm going out, I'm talking BIG hair :p

Stormwarrior:I found it cleaned my skin a lot better than the cleansers I was using, I had the odd blackhead on my nose that I was having trouble shifting :o and they seem to have gone since I started using it.. I still have some left in my little tubs of wax, but I'd definately go for the large tub next time for value for money, you can definately make it go a long way though, because it's an oil it spreads really well.. But it won't make your skin greasy... It gets my vote anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

golden gal wrote: »
    I second xxkikixx, I love sally hansan! Im not a huge fan of fake tan but this is great as you can dictate the colour you want, have no streaks and it washes off the next day. I use it all over my body too and it looks great. Pythia, there are three colours in it I think, light medium and dark. I am very pale and can use either the light or medium. Its about €15 per can so just try them out for colour.

that's the thing, i'd like to give it a try but its a stupid price for a teeny little can!!

I can't think of any of my miracle products except my Danné skin care range or in my mind concealer is just great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

I love Liz Earle products. I use:
    eye serum
    skin repair moisturiser
    instant boost skin tonic

Also love Benefit mascara "bad gal" have tried lots and lots of others (lancome, dior, clinique, chanel) and this is the best IMHO.

Mac concealer is really good too, good coverage and not cakey looking

Bought Nars eyeshadow there a while ago, two colours in one pack, called "sublimity" and I get complements everytime I wear it.

Use Armani foundation and find it great, good coverage but not heavy.

Also use a Chanel product, its for oily skin, you put it on before any makeup, and its just like a sponge, never have an oily t-zone after that.

Am thinking about using the Eve Lom cleanser, do you know if you can get it in Nue Blue Eriu? or BT's (have a voucher there for €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

My miracle products:

Urban decay primer potion: Will make any eye makeup stay put all day.
    Smashbox primer:Makes any foundation flawless and again lasts all day.
    Estee lauder disappear concealer: Better than YSL touch Eclat IMO.
    Simple Eye Makeup Remover: Cheap and takes all off.
    Estee lauder Daywear : SPF 15 in a lovely light texture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I really love fresh clean smells so I always have some Nivea Soft around. I find Pond's Cold Cream a great classic cleanser, makes me feel squeaky clean. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is another must-have and I go weak at the knees for L'Occitane products!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I just bought Hot Mama blush by TheBalm, and it is fecking amazing. It's highly pigmented, the perfect color, and it lasts for hours! It's similar to Nars Orgasm, but better and cheaper. Highly, highly recommended!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i love benifits bad gal mascara...definately the best out there and i've tried a lot. I love no7 blushes too they do amazing colours especially the sunkist...cant beat it.

I love Ren for eye cream and moisturiser...top stuff but a bit pricey. I actually switched from dermalogica cleansers back to boots cucumber range because i was a bit short on dough and they're great too...and so cheap

Last thing on the list palmers body butter.....the one and only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

xzanti wrote: »
    Stormwarrior:I found it cleaned my skin a lot better than the cleansers I was using, I had the odd blackhead on my nose that I was having trouble shifting :o and they seem to have gone since I started using it.. I still have some left in my little tubs of wax, but I'd definately go for the large tub next time for value for money, you can definately make it go a long way though, because it's an oil it spreads really well.. But it won't make your skin greasy... It gets my vote anyway..
    I was thinking of trying this and I've bought a tub, but since then I've read bad reports about it. People say it clogs your skin, gave them bad spots and is full of dodgy ingredients.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

UDPP
    Aussie Miracle Moist
    Burts Bees cleanser
    FCUK sugar scrub
    UD Heavy Metal liner
    MAC paint pots
    MAC fluidline
    Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker
    Shockwaves curl mousse

All brilliant