Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your miracle beauty products?

Options
  • 21-05-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Right I just got a ton of Schwarzkopf's haircare products and I tried out the Moisture hairmask last night...and oh my god! It really is a miracle worker..my hair is so soft and it even created a few waves in my hair! I have loads more stuff to try, so can't wait!

Make up wise, Bourjois 12 hour effect is amazing...normally my face tends to look a bit flaky after I apply foundation cos I have dry skin but this stuff is brill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I'm a huge fan of Schwarzkopf products as well, I go out of my way to find the salons that sell them :D

Cool, I have the same problem with foundation so might give the Bourjois a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

missmatty wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of Schwarzkopf products as well, I go out of my way to find the salons that sell them :D

Cool, I have the same problem with foundation so might give the Bourjois a go...

U definitely should - it's the only foundation that looks flawless on me, and I've tried ALOT! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

ok dior foundation cant remember the name but its a moisturising one cause ive dry skin an its the only one that stays on my skin!!
    i used to not be a fan of high beam and i startd using it lately and only realised i wasnt using it properly lolol
    i dont have any miracle worker for my hair but im defo gona try the Schwarzkopf stuff for my dry curly hair!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Eve Lom face cleanser kit, got it in Therepe... It's like a wax that you rub into your face and you take a steaming hot muslin cloth and lay it over your face to activate the ingredients, not sure what's in it exactly, I can definately smell Tee Tree off it though, I only started to use it last week and I can see a big improvement in the condition of my skin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

The Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser is similar and I love it :p

• Advertisement

oh they sound good would they be good for dry skin though???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

flynnser19 wrote: »
    i used to not be a fan of high beam and i startd using it lately and only realised i wasnt using it properly lol

How do you use High Beam properly ?How do you not end up looking like a sparkly frosted fairy/ glistening mess ? I got it for Christmas from a friend and no matter what I've tried with it,I invariably end up looking awul.It's so popular that I must be doing something wrong.I would love to know the secret :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

chilly wrote: »
    How do you use High Beam properly ?How do you not end up looking like a sparkly frosted fairy/ glistening mess ? I got it for Christmas from a friend and no matter what I've tried with it,I invariably end up looking awul.It's so popular that I must be doing something wrong.I would love to know the secret :)

I just put 2-3 dots on my cheekbone and blend it in (away from the nose). It's good to put a little on the centre of the nose too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LMulhaire

It's great just on the bone under your eyebrows as well. Make your peepers look big and sparkley!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

I LOVE high beam.. a wee tiny bit on your collar bone too looks great :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 LMulhaire

Yup, serious contender for most versatile product in the world. Benefit's newest product Erase Paste is also flippin' fabulous. Perfect for those of us in need of a little extra camouflage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

10% Benzoyl Peroxide

It's the only thing that clears up my skin. Super strong though... not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

aviendha wrote: »
    I LOVE high beam.. a wee tiny bit on your collar bone too looks great :cool:

What is this High Beam stuff? Who is it by?

chilly wrote: »

well i put on my foundation then my bronzer then dot the high beam on my cheekbones and blend in and then i put a bit of blush on over it and everyone has been complimenting my make up since!!!its alright like!!its dear though so not for everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'll definitely have to try High Beam again then. I've tried other highlighters in the past like Revlon Skin Lights which I thought was excellent under make-up if you're going for a dressed up look. I just found High Beam lacked any subtlety. I will give it another go though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

my miracle products are:
    - body shop tinted moisturoiser
    - estee lauder disappear concealer
    - benefit hoola
    - cynthia rowley for avon highlighter stick
    - benefit wonder lift (apply before makeup its fab)
    - e45 night cream
    - montangue jeneusse night serum wow the difference
    - urban decay eyeshadow

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

flynnser19 wrote: »
    oh they sound good would they be good for dry skin though???

Yes it's for all skin types, I'd say if you have dry skin it would be particularly beneficial to you... You can get a starter kin in Therepe for €35, it includes 2 little pots of the wax, a tube or face mask, a tube of moisuriser and your little muslin cloth.. I lost my cloth :( so I use a flannel now, works just as well :).. Or you can get a large pot of just the wax and your cloth for €70.. I'm gonna go for that next time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Seconding erase paste. That stuff is hands down the best concealer I've ever used. Works on spots, red skin, freckles, dark circles, and blends really well and isn't cakey at all!

Also Avon Shea Body Butter. It's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Origins white tea guardian is lovely, ya dot it on your face and its makes it feel so smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

+1 for Benefit's High Beam! Dying to try their erase paste too, on a bit of a budget at the mo but shall be buying it as soon as I get to the US this summer and can get it for half the price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

Palmer's Cocoa Butter
    Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
    Label M Soufflé
    Benefit Dandelion
    Blistex

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Aussie Hair products are the best!

I've also fallen in love with the Grapefruit Lime Peppermint Cleansing Bar from Everyday Minerals. It leaves my skin totally squeaky clean, yet not dried out. I just chuck on a li'l Sympathy for the Skin moisturiser from Lush and my face is good to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

DCC160 wrote: »
    I just put 2-3 dots on my cheekbone and blend it in (away from the nose). It's good to put a little on the centre of the nose too

i actually got the counter assistant to put it on me in Topshop i think on Grafton st, it made noooo differance, she said "oh it must be whatever make up you have on that it doesn't work with the high beam"
    I replied " i am not wearing any make up at all"

She went quiet. making excuses wont sell me products! bless, she got all embarrassd- love benefit stuff though, use the foundation in the shape of a record all the time, its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

my fav beauty product:

Proto- Col the body scrub, smells divine and is excellent.
    also their exfoliant for face: microdermabrasion i think its called... absolutely excellent.has crushed diamonds.. really does the job..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

I love Laura Mercier primer and her Silk Creme foundation - I've tried so many over the years but now I'm sticking with these. They're expensive enough, about 45 quid each or thereabouts, but I'm convinced it's worth it!

I also love St Ives Apricot scrub, Palmers Cocoa Butter, Lush Shine shampoo bar, Boots Botanics shampoo and conditioner for brunettes (can't remember the exact name), Clinique Liquid Facial Wash/Soap Mild (again, can't remember the exact name), and Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer (miracle worker - far better than Touche Eclat, IMO).

An added bonus - none of the above are tested on animals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Estee Lauder Idealist for making my skin silky smooth and a good canvas for make up.
    Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus for huuuge volume in my hair.
    Estee Lauder Double Wear, best full coverage, long wear foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

Pythia wrote: »
    Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus for huuuge volume in my hair.

what brand is this and where can you get it...always on the look out for volume products that work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ruthee wrote: »
    what brand is this and where can you get it...always on the look out for volume products that work

America. You can get it on ebay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Pythia wrote: »
    America. You can get it on ebay though.

I'm always on the lookout for volumizing products too...goddammit though, no search results for it come up on ebay :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

I use Big Sexy Hair hairspray. Its awesome

You can buy Root Pump here:
    http://www.salonlines.co.uk/hair-products/sexy-hair-concepts/big-sexy-hair/

Advertisement