Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waiting on [learners permit]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Still waiting myself so can't say! Rang up insurers that gave me the cheapest quote and have the ref number to be told it has expired and the quote has gone up by 600 not happy at all considering its not my fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If it's of any help.

I applied for mine on the 14th of December at citywest. Rang them today. They said it was posted the 15th. Lo and behold. There it was when I got home today, the 20th.

Although it's the wrong address. So I need to send it back. There mistake.

I actually applied on the 18th Dec and got mine on the 21st Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Does anyone have the number to ring up to see what the story is with my licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Rang them, emailed them and still no sign of the permit. They told me it was posted as of last Monday... Ridiculous at this stage considering I renewed it 27 November

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Rang them, emailed them and still no sign of the permit. They told me it was posted as of last Monday... Ridiculous at this stage considering I renewed it 27 November

It's bloody ridiculous alright....under the old system you'd have your permit by the 29th/30th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

I applied for learner permit on 30.December at City West centre.I rang them today and asked,where is my license,because 5 weeks already gone,they said ,it still processing and agreed with me,when something went wrong.Nice!!!:mad:!Lovely women told me,when she will contact her supervisor and I have to ring again in Tuesday to find out.Lovely-I waited 5 weeks and they did nothing!!!!:mad:

My friend waited for her learner permit 2 full month.This is ridiculous.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

easy1 wrote: »
    I applied for learner permit on 30.December at City West centre.I rang them today and asked,where is my license,because 5 weeks already gone,they said ,it still processing and agreed with me,when something went wrong.Nice!!!:mad:!Lovely women told me,when she will contact her supervisor and I have to ring again in Tuesday to find out.Lovely-I waited 5 weeks and they did nothing!!!!:mad:

My friend waited for her learner permit 2 full month.This is ridiculous.:mad::mad::mad:

They have actually LOST some people's applications
    Lost - a digital file, so much for Data Protection.
    Think it's time some solicitor's letters were issued.
    They have also told people they had dispatched their Lic when in fact they hadn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    They have actually LOST some people's applications
    Lost - a digital file, so much for Data Protection.
    Think it's time some solicitor's letters were issued.
    They have also told people they had dispatched their Lic when in fact they hadn't

I'm still waiting, and now the insurance company are down my neck to supply them with a copy of my licence was told it would be dispatched this week by NDLS

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ashamix

ashamix wrote: »
    Applied for 1st time learners permit today in Athlone,they say it could be 4 to 6 weeks due to backlog.

Applied on 23rd Jan and received it today (11th Feb)..
    Now i can start the learning process..very nervous,but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

ashamix wrote: »
    Applied on 23rd Jan and received it today (11th Feb)..
    Now i can start the learning process..very nervous,but looking forward to it.

Christ that was nice and quick. I applied last week...hoping to see it by summer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement