Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Kiera wrote: »
    You'd be more upset if he told you he'd meet you and fell asleep.

I know. That's why I feel so stupid right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I know. That's why I feel so stupid right now.

Stop being silly and get your ass to the train and enjoy the walk to his in the sunshine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

awec wrote: »
    The Lion King is in a class of it's own though.

You ever seen the 3D one? :D

It is, Disneys best movie along with Beauty and the Beast imo, I didnt bother with the 3D one i'm not a fan of post production 3D, like theyre doong with Titanic and Star Wars, am loving that older movies are back in cinemas just leave em alone, the 3D isnt necessary. Avatar was spectacular in 3D though as it was shot that way.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Stop being silly and get your ass to the train and enjoy the walk to his in the sunshine :)

I'm going anyway, just later than I wanted really. At least I'll be seeing him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

krudler wrote: »
    its doing really well so far, 150 million in the states alone. least its not Twilight :pac:

Watching twenty minutes of Oireachtas Report isn't Twilight either. It's the one redeeming feature of that programme as well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Someone just asked me for a reference. I feel so adult :P

awec wrote: »
    I haven't seen the entire movie in 3d, but was round at my mates house when he was trying out his 3DTV and had it on.

There's a bit at the start where Zazu (?) is flying and it fecking seems like he's in the room with you, almost reaching out and grabbing him! :pac:

The best use of 3D i've seen is on the rides in Universal Studios like Spiderman and King Kong, theres a part on the Spiderman ride where you fall off the edge of a building and plummet towards the street and it genuinely feels like youre falling even though youre not going anywhere, everyone puts out their hands lol

So I told my boss that we should be allowed home on sunny days just like we are when it snows. He laughed :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I don't know if my relationship is on the rocks or not :( Been sitting here crying for over an hour :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So I told my boss that we should be allowed home on sunny days just like we are when it snows. He laughed :mad:

My mom used to get 1.5-2 hour lunches when it was sunny in her old job, or they would all take one half day in the week, lucky fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I don't know if my relationship is on the rocks or not :( Been sitting here crying for over an hour :(

Hope you're ok! Always best to talk to your other half than sit there crying and over analyzing and making mountains out of molehills. Hope you're ok! PM open at all times :)

So the recession strikes again! This time it's taking my Other and better half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hmmm, my Chinese wedding dress sellers appear to have given me a fake tracking number... not feeling too hopeful about this one :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that, Gunslinger and Lostgirly.

Acoshla wrote: »
    My mom used to get 1.5-2 hour lunches when it was sunny in her old job, or they would all take one half day in the week, lucky fecker!

Now that's my kind of job! I'm looking out to the sea and all i want to do is down tools and head over to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Gave the puppy his first bath. He's now sitting at the opposite side of the garden giving me the mournful "I thought you loved me" eyes.
    So glad to have a day off, this weather is amazing. Really hope it lasts til my week off next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I tried that too and got much the same reaction. I'm like a bitch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

LostGirly wrote: »
    Hope you're ok! Always best to talk to your other half than sit there crying and over analyzing and making mountains out of molehills. Hope you're ok! PM open at all times :)

Thanks :) He's coming over tonight, I'm really nervous because we've never have had any major issues that needed a sit down and a talk before, in over 2 years.. We'll see how it goes sure.
    Sorry to hear about your OH :(

Dolorous wrote: »
    Hmmm, my Chinese wedding dress sellers appear to have given me a fake tracking number... not feeling too hopeful about this one :rolleyes:

That happened me too, in my case they hadn't shipped it and were buying time. Report it to DHgate and they'll sort it.
    Now that's my kind of job! I'm looking out to the sea and all i want to do is down tools and head over to it.

Yeah it was a great job, she lost it when the place closed, she'd been there 29 years :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

:mad::mad: I hate when irish people use the word 'Mom' - we are not americans people and whats wrong with calling her Mum or Mam/my... So much for being proud of being irish, we jump on the American bandwagon every opportunity given aka 24/7. Grrrrrr

pampootie wrote: »
    So glad to have a day off, this weather is amazing. Really hope it lasts til my week off next week!

It's meant to end on Friday, it's odd weather for March so it was never gonna last! :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I welcome the colder weather...

My office is South facing and is impossible on warm days, but on the other hand manageable when it snowed. Fan is on, windows open, emergency exit doors open, normal door open...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

:mad::mad: I hate when irish people use the word 'Mom' - we are not americans people and whats wrong with calling her Mum or Mam/my... So much for being proud of being irish, we jump on the American bandwagon every opportunity given aka 24/7. Grrrrrr

Wow. Proper little ray of sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

pampootie wrote: »

It's meant to end on Friday, it's odd weather for March so it was never gonna last! :p

LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Irish people saying 'Mom' is not American in origin, it comes from the Irish 'A Mhaim'. Hence why it's more common in counties with Gaeltachts. A lot more Irish than 'Mum'. So there :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eh, Maim, is pronounced 'Mom' and is the Irish language word for mother. So in a lot of ways Mom is a very Irish pronunciation.

And since when does what you call your mother have anything to do with your patriotism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Irish people saying 'Mom' is not American in origin, it comes from the Irish 'A Mham'. Hence why it's more common in counties with Gaeltachts. A lot more Irish than 'Mum'. So there :)

Ha got in there before me, that's exactly what I was going to say! :D

I hate when people say word x, I wish they'd say word y instead. FML.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I always called my mummy :-P

Im getting married to a boards person apparently :-)

Was that because I said Mom? A word I got from my MOM, who called her mom Mom, and my grandmother, who is 90, who refers to herself as Mom, and all my aunts and uncles say Mom, who are aged between 40 and 65, some of whom have never left their Kerry village and don't own tv's, so don't know that Americans say Mom, never mind copying them.
    Irish people saying 'Mom' is not American in origin, it comes from the Irish 'A Mhaim'. Hence why it's more common in counties with Gaeltachts. A lot more Irish than 'Mum'. So there :)

As mentioned Mom is incredibly Irish, generations of my family grew up near the Gaeltacht, so Mom has come from A Mhaim, educate yourself on your history before making sweeping generalisations.

Edit: And the sad thing is that whenever I do say it online or where I live now there is ALWAYS someone with this attitude, at home in Kerry everyone says it, so now I have started to edit it and use Mum just to avoid the grief I get. You've made me mad now, feck it. If my (imaginary) kids ever called me Mum they wouldn't do it again, I'd prefer for them to stick with the proper Irish word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

And wouldn't Mum be more of a British pronunciation?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

All this sunshine is not conducive to getting work done, I keep finding myself staring absent-mindedly out the window at the blue sky :o.

I hope it's still sunny at the weekend; Friday is the only day I don't have loads of college work to do and on Saturday I'm babysitting two toddlers who love being outside so it'd be nice if I didn't have to freeze alongside them :p.

Edit: I call my mom 'Mom' too.. I called her Mammy when I was little. 'Mom' is far more Irish than 'Mum'; I always get annoyed when I'm buying cards for Mother's Day, it's almost impossible to find one that doesn't say 'Mum' or ''Mummy' on it :mad:

Mam or Mammy for me. Mammy when I was looking for something, like Mammmmmyyyyy, and she'd say, "what do you want?". Oh wait I still do that :D

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    And wouldn't Mum be more of a British pronunciation?

Damn Brits :P

I always called my mummy :-P

Im getting married to a boards person apparently :-)

Yes you are. In your birthday suit :P

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Hope you're both okay. PM always open if you need a chat. :)

I gots me a 99!! :D

totally, everyone knows you can't call yourself Irish if you're not 'atin hang sangwiches made by the mammy and drink' tae while watching a bit of the oul hurlin on de telly after a good mass.

or as they say on the internetz, pwned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

stomach has been in knots since Monday, didn't even want to get out of bed with the sun shining. Felt great at the weekend once I had walked away from job so did a meditation webinar thing online last night and feel a bit better, realise today it's because I still have to work my old job for another few weeks. The stress of having to be in the same place as that guy is making me ill, I just want to go.

On a positive note, the sun is still shining and tomorrow is payday :) Really want to get to the beach and go surfing before I go back to work. (lucky me sun shines conveniently when I take my holidays)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes you are. In your birthday suit :P

The wedding is off :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I call my mother by her name. Drives her mental. She often says 'why don't you call me mam, or mum' and then I start calling her 'ma' in my roughest Dublin accent. :D

I never liked you anyway!

I call my mother by her name

That wouldn't work too well for me :p:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Finished my matching shampoo and conditioner at the same time! Delighted with life :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

tomissex wrote: »
    Finished my matching shampoo and conditioner at the same time! Delighted with life :p:D

I love when that happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Aww! Where's he going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Why must mummy and daddy fight?? :(

That wouldn't work too well for me :p:)

You could just call her 'Senior'. I accept no responsibility for what happens after.

Fine then!

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Aww! Where's he going?

Only across the water but we're not together long enough to be able to deal with this! He'll only be home once every 6 weeks or so, we're used to seeing each other a few times a week! I know people deal with worse and I know I should be thankful he's not going further and be delighted he got work! BUT that's my brother, my best friend and now himself all gone/going!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement