Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show 27th November

• 27-11-2010 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Dustin is on tonight. He just tweeted this.

Right have concluded negotiations and can confirm I'll be granting Brendan O'Connor an exclusive interview on Sat Night Show tonight. $$$$$!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

On The Show Tonight..
    Coming up this week on The Saturday Night Show we will chatting to Ray D'Arcy and Edwina Currie. We also have a touch of magic with magician Paul Daniels and music will be provided by a first-time collaboration between Lisa Hannigan and Cathy Davey, tune in and enjoy!!

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Dustin is on tonight. He just tweeted this.

Was wondering why he wasnt on the toy show last nite. :confused::confused: .. I'd say Tubridy didnt want him there, he gave him an awful lot of abuse to Tubridy when he was on The Panel there a few weeks ago...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

On The Show Tonight..

Was wondering why he wasnt on the toy show last nite. :confused::confused: .. I'd say Tubridy didnt want him there, he gave him an awful lot of abuse to Tubridy when he was on The Panel there a few weeks ago...
    you really need to let the tubs thing go,its getting kind of creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Its pretty obvious at this stage Tubs cant take abuse in any form. Like the time he had Gordon Ramsay on who was slagging off his stick insect physique and dumbo-size ears, he went on the afternoon show later that week and said he wouldnt have him back on the LLS. :rolleyes: Couldnt even say it to his face...

FFS, youre in the public eye Tubridy. Its just one part of your massively overpaid job...to be able to take criticism with good humour. Ramsay was only attempting to create a bit of banter.

If you can't stand the heat Ryan....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

you really need to let the tubs thing go,its getting kind of creepy!

He pays his wages, he's entitled to it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

this is the saturday night show thread! theres plenty more tubs bashing threads to go to moan about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I thought he would have had Fintan O'Toole on given the day that was in it.
    What was I thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,776 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just settling down for it. I reckon it will be a laugh tonight.
    I love the guy on the news at the protest with the 'Down With This Sort Of Thing' placard :-D

Not impressed with the way they kept moving it later and later.. It's like The Vincent Browne Show... Cant believe they move the news and this show for that STUPID Winning Streak...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

This is sickening. This fat slob was the biggest cheerleader for Bertie Ahern and the Celtic Tiger in journalism. You're part of the problem too Ballsy O'Connor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ray looks like a man servant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Labour will be after Darcy next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Ray saying he'll leave the country if Enda Kenny becomes Taoiseach.

I know who I'm voting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This is sickening. This fat slob was the biggest cheerleader for Bertie Ahern and the Celtic Tiger in journalism. You're part of the problem too Ballsy O'Connor.

Cannot agree more with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Ray is full of ****e

he wants ads on depression on national broadcasters

those ads are there

anyway he is a national broadcaster - why cant he blast out the message

What's up with Rays sparkly eyes???

Have makeup put glitter eyedrops in his eyes??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

jesus ray is always goin on about bloody running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Darcy the goon was Berties biggest fan before Denis O' Brien bought Today FM.

On the third bottle... not going well tonight... waiting for Dustin to cheer me up...

God she is gonna get stoned (not the drug kind) before she leaves the studio...

On the third bottle... not going well tonight... waiting for Dustin to cheer me up...

Third bottle of vodka :eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Put that dirty bitch in her place beautifully! Seriously she's just a disgusting creature!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Patronising Tory...

amdublin wrote: »
    Third bottle of vodka :eek::D

With the balls up I made of a simple bit of DIY I did here, you would think I had drank those three bottles through a straw, and THEN started ....

Edwina is certainly not making herself popular... that little stunt counting out the money and saying that she would give us 8% interest did make her popular...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

What is this woman doing on the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I hope this wagon is not being paid to be on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Not being militant, but i'd say she's a fair target!! What a cnut!!

Talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Tucker Max

I wouldnt p!ss in her ear if her brain was on fire

Tough !

O'Connor able for Currie.

• Advertisement

I made the same point she is making about the benefits though.. Why would the British give us 8 Billion euro so that WE can pay TWICE the benefits that they pay their OWN people.. :confused: Doesnt really make sense...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

**** off back over the pond ya wagon and take ray with you.

What a patronising bitch ! Get her off our airwaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

Darcy was embarrassingly awful, trying to get in on the whole trend of public figures givng us their 'profound' thoughts on our current economic crisis and playing to the crowd...talk about being out of his depth. What next? Amanda Brunker on next week offering her analysis on the four year austerity plan:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

sexism against all men *cheer* people think the presenter was being sexist against maggy *boo*

I love double standers

I made the same point she is making about the benefits though.. Why would the British give us 8 Billion euro so that WE can pay TWICE the benefits that they pay their OWN people.. :confused: Doesnt really make sense...

Britian's only giving us 8 billion cos it will cost them alot more if we go bust!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

efb wrote: »
    O'Connor able for Currie.

They share the same Thatcherite politics.

O'connor: "She left politics because of eggs?"...

She left politics to get IVF?

Well done BO'C

- he did sort you out!!!

efb wrote: »
    Britian's only giving us 8 billion cos it will cost them alot more if we go bust!

Well I know what you're saying, but surely the average punter on the street in Britain is saying the same things that we were saying about the Greek pensions....

O'connor: "She left politics because of eggs?"...

She left politics to get IVF?

I hope that bitch hasn't reproduced. Think the eggs thing had more to do with her own personal stance on Salmonella. Wouldn't it be ironic if she got a bad egg for breakfast tomorrow and died!

• Advertisement

Well I know what you're saying, but surely the average punter on the street in Britain is saying the same things that we were saying about the Greek pensions....

That's a sign of ignorance. Fr/Ger is only bailing us out to save the Euro.

Charity died in Calcutta a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Cole wrote: »
    What next? Amanda Brunker on next week offering her analysis on the four year austerity plan:rolleyes:

She could explain things very well, as Ireland's situation is a lot like her tits: They grew very large and were the talk of the town; everyone wanted in on the deal. Unfortunately, they grew bigger and bigger, so huge that her back couldn't sustain them and there had to be significant reductions. Now they're in a sorry state and there isn't much hope for the future. Bleak years ahead, they might sink even further to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Why have Edwina Currie on now? O'Connor obviously went looking for any Tory politician he could have over to trumpet the Sunday Independent 'Public service are to blame for everything' line.
    And why do we care so much about what 'them across the water' and others think about us; it's like we've immediately shifted back into low self-esteem mode.
    Why don't we have the guts to fcukin stand up for ourselves?
    We're about to bankrupt ourselves, taking on the debt of foreign banks, because we 'don't want to look bad'.
    Time this country grew some balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

"if i had the toy show" think he wants tubs job

Can't wait for Dustin, a politician who talks sense...

Well that was a stupid game

What's with the bag.. is he on the run from the taxman? You think he could have made the revenue bill disappear?

yeah cant wait for Dustin... He's fairly running quickly through the guests..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

What is this.
    Patronising Brit night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

I like Ray D'Arcy....I think he means well and has a good heart. He's always been very passionate about this country. He may only be a DJ but I wish there was more politicians like him to be honest.

Heres Paul in a sexy pose.....:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement