Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Contrary Serperior is available in Europe/Aus now! Mystery Gift code is POKEMON497

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What voodoo is everyone using to "improve" their catch rate these days?

I've been steadily growing and shaping my list of baseless compulsions across the technologies and generations to the point that now when I throw a ball I have to hold Down and A until the moment the ball closes, then draw frantic circles on the touch screen in time with the shaking of the ball and finally tap it when it's meant to close. This doesn't appear to make any difference to my catch rate but whenever I don't do it and the ball doesn't close I feel like I've let myself down.

Am I the only one doing this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Haven't since the days of RB with the old "B + Up means you always catch!" thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

IIRC in FR/LG there was a glitch where you could press B, A and Up when your Poke Ball was about to break, and it would work perfectly. The trick was knowing when it would break, though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Urgh, getting Ralts on WT is getting almost as annoying as getting Zigzagoons or Wurmples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Angron wrote: »
    Urgh, getting Ralts on WT is getting almost as annoying as getting Zigzagoons or Wurmples.

I dont know they have their uses. I have a box of synchronise Ralts with nearly every nature. Makes catching things for breeding a lot easier! :)

Banjo wrote: »
    What voodoo is everyone using to "improve" their catch rate these days?

I've been steadily growing and shaping my list of baseless compulsions across the technologies and generations to the point that now when I throw a ball I have to hold Down and A until the moment the ball closes, then draw frantic circles on the touch screen in time with the shaking of the ball and finally tap it when it's meant to close. This doesn't appear to make any difference to my catch rate but whenever I don't do it and the ball doesn't close I feel like I've let myself down.

Am I the only one doing this?

Night-time dusk balls are about as good as it gets. ×2 an Ultra Ball.

Not G.R wrote: »
    Night-time dusk balls are about as good as it gets. ×2 an Ultra Ball.

Get out of here with your science! I'm looking for mumbo jumbo, thank you very much :)
    +1 for synchronize Ralts. Much easier to get than the endless wandering around and waiting for nightfall to make Umbreons.

I'd agree if what I was getting was, in any way, useful. But I'm just getting someone's crappy level 3 trace Ralts they caught early in the game and who's just chancing it for something great. Almost as bad as receiving a level 2 Zigzagoon caught in a bloody Ultra Ball.

Urgh, Battle Maison is the most ridiculous load of cheating nonsense. AI predicting switches perfectly, hitting damn near every time with low accuracy moves, getting confused and hitting yourself 4 times in a f*cking row. It just deliberately stacks the deck against you from the get-go.

• Advertisement

Urgh, Battle Maison is the most ridiculous load of cheating nonsense. AI predicting switches perfectly, hitting damn near every time with low accuracy moves, getting confused and hitting yourself 4 times in a f*cking row. It just deliberately stacks the deck against you from the get-go.

I ust hit my 100 win streak tonight :pac:

Super Triples is where its at! And you just "cheat" right back.

Open up Greninja, FEAR Aron, Chomp

Gre mat blocks, Aron Endeavours, Chomp SDs

Aron protects, Gre Ice-beam/Surf Chomp EQs/D Claws.

The AI foams at the mouth at the lv1 aron and tries to KO it at all costs. :D "Cheating"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Their is a new hack out which allows you to insert any pokemon into your game, without any additional hardware.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44551-Web-Browser-RAM-based-Pokemon-Injection-for-XY-and-ORAS

Finally got around to the E4/Champ fight. Surprisingly easy - was really just probing to see what I was up against and before I knew it they were toast. Between the universal Exp share and a bit of running around since unlocking Soar/the Eon Flute catching new 'mon I didn't have any grinding to do. Things really have changed since R/S/E :)
    Drumstick (L65 m Blaziken) ; Demento (L58 m Gardevior) ; Whiscash (L59 m) ; Brannigan (L59 m Manectric) ; Mila (L56 f Swellow) Tallulah (L49 f Gloom)
    I wonder did the Zigzagoon I sent out on the Wondertrade that got me that Barboach way back on day one ever make it to the Hall of Fame?

Anyway, as Penance for my Wondertrading sins I've sent out a couple of curse/yawn Eevees and released any Zigzagoons or Wingulls that came back my way. What's a good 'mon to send out. Starters? Something with high IVs? Something difficult to find in ORAS?

Generally speaking, something with good IVs or an egg move or two would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

POKEMON500 now gets you hidden ability emboar, and in two days POKEMON samurotts dex number gets you a hidden ability one

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/bank-on-three-awesome-pokemon/

HA Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr available through Bank starting on the 27th. I've got Bank, so if anyone doesn't have it and doesn't plan on getting it for this, gimme a shout and I'll breed one of each for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/bank-on-three-awesome-pokemon/

HA Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr available through Bank starting on the 27th. I've got Bank, so if anyone doesn't have it and doesn't plan on getting it for this, gimme a shout and I'll breed one of each for you.

What is a 'Bank'? Got the game at Christmas and haven't given it much time, only on the 6th badge! Have the day off tomorrow, so I hope to play it for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Broke my bank account, borrowed an OR used it to take all the pokemon got an error thought nothing of it wiped the save file on the game and gave it back opened up bank tonight nearly two weeks after the error only to see I need the now erased save file to continue or I am locked out of my bank, as far as I am aware only the pokemon from the now wiped file are in the bank I have erased bank and redownloaded it to no avail, only have 30 days left on it but stupid nintendo have it linked to my NNID. :(

Irish94 wrote: »
    What is a 'Bank'? Got the game at Christmas and haven't given it much time, only on the 6th badge! Have the day off tomorrow, so I hope to play it for a few hours.
    Pokémon Bank, a method of transferring pokémon between games if you don't have an extra 3DS, as well as moving pokes from gen 5 to 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Pokémon Bank, a method of transferring pokémon between games if you don't have an extra 3DS, as well as moving pokes from gen 5 to 6.

Kinda leaving out a big feature there. It's a massive PC too. With the amount of Pokémon that now exist, a living Pokédex uses up nearly the entire in game PC so the Bank is a God send in that regard.

• Advertisement

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/641910/338077.jpg
    Perfect example of Battle Masion cheating... Double Chandlure. Battle no. 144.

Edit: Holy image fail!

I've edited that image to a link cause that thing was fecking massive :P I've never had that particular brand of nonsense happen to me I must say.

It's actually just dawned on me, it's about a year now since the Bank launched, so this Johto starters thing seems like a ploy to convince people to resub if they weren't going to.

Darkrai event at GAME in the UK! Not much help to the majority here but if you can get your hands on one of the codes it does work over here (how I got mine).

I can clone mine if anyone wants it so you'll at least have it (minus the Wonder Card).

Could I grab one from you Beaner? I've got a few things I can offer like a HA Corphish with 4 egg moves, or a HA Gligar, or a Shellos with egg moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

beaner09 wrote: »
    Darkrai event at GAME in the UK! Not much help to the majority here but if you can get your hands on one of the codes it does work over here (how I got mine).

I can clone mine if anyone wants it so you'll at least have it (minus the Wonder Card).

Could I get a clone pretty please :D

Could I grab one from you Beaner? I've got a few things I can offer like a HA Corphish with 4 egg moves, or a HA Gligar, or a Shellos with egg moves.

Yeah are we added? If not my FC is 2638 - 1742 - 2275 and IGN is Beaner! :)

And trade me the worst thing you have, I nearly have Battle Ready versions of everything so don't need anything, plus it's a clone! :p

Could I get a clone pretty please :D

Yeah I'll send you a request next time I see you on! And trade me something crap as I don't need anything! :)

Yeah are we added? If not my FC is 2638 - 1742 - 2275 and IGN is Beaner! :)

And trade me the worst thing you have, I nearly have Battle Ready versions of everything so don't need anything, plus it's a clone! :p
    I believe we are, my IGN is Denny and my avatar is (I think) the one of the street thug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Yeah I'll send you a request next time I see you on! And trade me something crap as I don't need anything! :)

Thank you I'll be heading on ina bit, need to hatch some eggs.

Ill soon be putting up a legendary wish list ha can't seem to get any over the gts

Advertisement