Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi €10 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

casio4 wrote: »
    how much is the paper?
    It's about €2.70 or €2.90. Close enough to €3 in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

muffler wrote: »
    It's about €2.70 or €2.90. Close enough to €3 in any event.

so save €7

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

so save €7
    I suppose, but it's a decent Sunday paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

so save €7

My sister could use 4 in her weekly shop so saving €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Aldi are doing themselves no favours by associating themselves with a rag like the Sindo with it's clearly biased political agenda.
    I, for one, would be less likely to shop in Aldi as a result, regardless of the E7 value discount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Lissavane wrote: »
    Aldi are doing themselves no favours by associating themselves with a rag like the Sindo with it's clearly biased political agenda.
    I, for one, would be less likely to shop in Aldi as a result, regardless of the E7 value discount.

I'm sure Aldi and the majority of people who might avail of the saving (me included) couldn't give a monkeys about the "biased political agenda"

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Is there a voucher in next Sundays Indo? Anyone know!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Earendil wrote: »
    I suppose, but it's a decent Sunday paper.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Why buy the Sindo ?:confused:

Went to a Tesco last Sunday. They sell newspapers in the store. There were a number of copies of the Sindo scattered around the shelves. All had one thing missing - part of a page where a certain coupon was printed -.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

0lddog wrote: »
    Why buy the Sindo ?:confused:

Went to a Tesco last Sunday. They sell newspapers in the store. There were a number of copies of the Sindo scattered around the shelves. All had one thing missing - part of a page where a certain coupon was printed -.:D

I admit that I have done this myself once or twice but I am a reformed character...... honestly!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

I have heard from someone in the know, their running the 10 euro vouchers right up till christmas, they could be very wrong though. would be great if they do, last year it was only the last couple of weeks running up till christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Lissavane wrote:
    Aldi are doing themselves no favours by associating themselves with a rag like the Sindo with it's clearly biased political agenda. I, for one, would be less likely to shop in Aldi as a result, regardless of the E7 value discount.

Reality is most don't care - I certainly couldn't give a monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

My mother buys the Indo every Sunday and I buy the Times. We swapped vouchers and she used the Lidl one in Tesco yesterday and I used the Aldi one in Aldi. I was buying their birdseed for €9.99 anyway (weekly special) and had no problem spending €50+. Free birdseed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Itsabrack

Lissavane wrote:
    Aldi are doing themselves no favours by associating themselves with a rag like the Sindo with it's clearly biased political agenda. I, for one, would be less likely to shop in Aldi as a result, regardless of the E7 value discount.

are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Judging by the increase of Sindos for sale in my local shop last Sunday morning, i would say that Aldi had done themselves and the Sindo a great favour :)

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

A point worth saying.
    The Aldi voucher is the opposite side to the bar code in the Indo.
    The Lidl voucher (was in the Sunday World & Sunday Times) is in the middle of the paper so if you ask your newsagent, they should be able to cut it out for you as it doesn't make any difference to their returns as the bar code isn't on the other side!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dm1979 wrote: »
    I have heard from someone in the know, their running the 10 euro vouchers right up till christmas, they could be very wrong though. would be great if they do, last year it was only the last couple of weeks running up till christmas.

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

any vouchers today?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Has anyone ventured out yet?
    This is the worst reason in the world to buy the Sindo.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I haven't bought it but picture of front page of today's sindo on their twitter account and no mention of the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

sorry, it looks like my source might have been wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

There's no Aldi voucher in the Sunday Independent today - I just checked at the local newsagent.

Any Lidl or other vouchers elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There's no Aldi voucher in the Sunday Independent today

That's Indo sales down 50% then today ;)

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That's Indo sales down 50% then today ;)

I know I bought 2 copies- just for the vouchers........
    I hope Aldi copped that the Indo were minting it- by printing their vouchers........

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I know I bought 2 copies- just for the vouchers........
    I hope Aldi copped that the Indo were minting it- by printing their vouchers........
    was laughable too that sunday world had lidl voucher and aldi coupons inside

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I wish Aldi & Lidl would just give out these vouchers in their stores, it pains me to have to spend almost €3 on a rag of a paper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I wish Aldi & Lidl would just give out these vouchers in their stores, it pains me to have to spend almost €3 on a rag of a paper
    Eh it's called marketing.
    Aldi gets free advertising by providing the coupon, and the newspaper sells more units if there is a coupon.

Why would a store give a 20% discount to everyone who shows up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I would guess the Indo would pay Aldi something for the vouchers as their sales would increase.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement