Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paleo in Dublin

• 01-09-2014 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi Guys,

I am recently a Paleo covert and have been having some trouble finding places to eat in Dublin City centre. Any other paleo-ers out there have some tips or tricks they would like to share?

I have found a few spots, Little Ass Burrito bar do a pretty tasty paleo box for 8 quid, and Bunsens paleo option is not half bad either. Id like to find somewhere round the Georges st, South William st area if I could, im sure theres loads out, I just dont know where they are!

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Honest to Goodness on Clarendon Place - they do great salads, and sweet potato fries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 amimarissa

Honest to Goodness on Clarendon Place - they do great salads, and sweet potato fries.

Honest to Goodness is one of my fav places to grab a quick bite, well should I say, was one of my favs, but they dont really have great paleo options. Plus they close early on Mondays, which is the evening im always looking for a quick bite before college.

Good suggestion though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I haven't tried either of the two of them but:

Bunsen Burger on Camden Street will do your Burger Paleo Style (no buns I think) and also have sweet potatoe fries (though I don't know what oil they are cooked in): http://www.bunsen.ie/menus/

Pablo Picante on Baggot St have a El Fresco Paleo Box. Seems legit Paleo from reading the ingredients though it seems to be for a low calorie diet: http://www.pablopicante.ie/baggot_street.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Bear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bison Bar & BBQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Saba have paleo meals on their menu...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭accensi0n

It doesn't have to have paleo in the name.

Pretty much everywhere does bunless burgers, meat+veg, salad+meat etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

If you are in bray try platform pizza they have some paleo dishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

any restaurant that sells meat and veg. don't be the sap who pays a premium just to get a paleo meal which is just a regular meal with paleo written on it for 25% more.

I've seen shops selling gluten free meat for a significant amount more than a butchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Most of the Burrito places do Burrito bowls which could be considered paleo depending on what you put into them..
    As already mentioned , bunless burgers , and meat and veg count too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Takeaway only, but bombay pantry have paleo stuff now.

they also list if gluten free & dairy free, wheat, shellfish, nuts etc

http://bombaypantry.com/

http://www.eatcity.ie/Shop_SelectMenu.aspx?catid=44110582-d2a2-4764-8728-3e93b30d1f25#sectionMenuList
    The Grill & Paleo

Goan Hunter's Chicken CurryGoan Hunter's Chicken Curry€9.95
    PURE PALEO dish with Chicken, kale, sweet potato, broccoli, coconut milk and handmade green chilli ginger paste.
    Gluten FreeHeart HealthyModerately Hot/SpicyNew ProductCustomise »

Nourishing Sweet Potato DahlNourishing Sweet Potato Dahl€8.35
    A super healthy dish ! Great for digestion. Mung Dahl, red lentils, turmeric, sweet potato, plum tomatoes and spices. Can be prepared Vegan.
    VegetarianGluten FreeHeart HealthySlightly Hot/SpicyAdd to Order »

Kale & ChickpeaKale & Chickpea€5.50
    Fresh Kale cooked with smoked cumin, ginger and garlic, simmered with chickpeas, plum tomatoes and garam masala. Can be prepared Vegan.
    VegetarianGluten FreeHeart HealthySlightly Hot/SpicyNew ProductAdd to Order »

Sauteed BroccoliSauteed Broccoli€4.00
    Fresh Broccoli SAUTEED with fresh ginger juliennes and roasted cumin. Can be prepared Vegan and Paleo friendly.
    VegetarianGluten FreeHeart HealthySlightly Hot/SpicyAdd to Order »

Tikka MainTikka Main€10.50
    Breast of chicken kebab cooked in our clay ovens. Paleo friendly dish. Comes with Plain Naan, Kachumber Salad and a large Raita dip.
    Gluten FreeHeart HealthySlightly Hot/SpicyNew ProductCustomise »

Bombay Chicken SupremeBombay Chicken Supreme€9.95
    On the bone breast of chicken coated and grilled in delicious marinade. Paleo friendly dish. Comes with Plain Naan, Kachumber Salad and a large Raita dip.
    Gluten FreeHeart HealthySlightly Hot/SpicyNew ProductCustomise »

Meat Lovers FeastMeat Lovers Feast€11.50
    Marinated chicken tikka, Bombay chicken sepreme and Irish lamb seekh kebab. Paleo friendly dish. Comes with Plain Naan, Kachumber Salad and a large Raita dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

this post is 2 years old, any news now about restaurant, places, shop paleo?

Advertisement