Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewatching Lost - is it worth it?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

dDVM2.gif

There. I just saved you the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he really has....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

No. Anyway I hear they have started to show it in purgatory after you die as a way of making 5 years feel like an eternity while you wait to go to heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its simple really, if you enjoyed the show and liked or didnt mind the ending, yes its worth re-watching, i know i will re-watch it at some point,

the ending shouldn't take away from what was a great adventure:)

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Ive just seen the Jacob/MIB origins story "Across The Sea" on my rewatch and it reminded of when I started to get worried about the ending of this show when first viewing it in 2010.

Whats that Damon?

Oh you fúcked it up?

Yes. Yes we know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Ive just seen the Jacob/MIB origins story "Across The Sea" on my rewatch and it reminded of when I started to get worried about the ending of this show when first viewing it in 2010.

Whats that Damon?

Oh you fúcked it up?

Yes. Yes we know.

See this is exactly what frustrates me when it comes to the Lost ending as I mentioned on the previous post.

Here is an interviewer, from the first time I laid eyes on him I thought "now, this guy knows what he's talking about", yet around the 7 minute mark he shows he has clearly misinterpreted the ending. Completely. Whether you like it or not, this is an ending I don't think is particular complex?
    He didn't think the island was real?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fago123 wrote: »
    See this is exactly what frustrates me when it comes to the Lost ending as I mentioned on the previous post.

Here is an interviewer, from the first time I laid eyes on him I thought "now, this guy knows what he's talking about", yet around the 7 minute mark he shows he has clearly misinterpreted the ending. Completely. Whether you like it or not, this is an ending I don't think is particular complex?

Yep what a stupid interviewer, he really didn't grasp the show at all, I would love to see an interview conducted by someone who loved the show and accepted the ending!

Considering what a TV juggernaut it was for them Im surprised ABC havent done a "Lost: 10 years On" type documentary for the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

As I'd evident from my username, yes, you should go back and watch it again. I am currently and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I would say "**** no!" to the op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Considering what a TV juggernaut it was for them Im surprised ABC havent done a "Lost: 10 years On" type documentary for the fans.

I think Lost was about 15 years ahead of its time. I always found the online speculation far more complex and entertaining than the actual show itself. Ideally the writers should have found some way to let it shape the development of the show instead of giving us what we ended up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Fago123 wrote: »

Lindelof comes across as very likeable and courteous, and for the fact I loved Prometheus until the internet said it was wrong to do so.

I wonder what the reception to Prometheus would have been like if it wad released in thr 1980's? Middling I say. Not

I like getting what I want, but what I like even better is somebody being creative and giving me something I never could have imagined myself.

My favourite stories generally do involve sincere themes, but ambigous, yet real characters,, and BSG and Lost provided that.

His comments in the nature of seeing the iceberg and hating an episode months before it'd air are very heart on sleeve

Literalism is killing storytelling stone cold anyway.
    Human beings respond to symbolism and themes far more strongly than plot explanations in storytelling. Its just what we are.

Comic book movies are a prime example of this.
    How did Batman pump the tires on the batmobile? :p

Well after devouring the first 5 seasons in weeks Im now down to one episode a week, if even, with season 6.

Its a bit like getting to have sex with this for 5 years

yesica_toscanini_1.jpg

And then having to face this

642a52bb34e3baf13b19d414edfe8392.jpg

Sure. You'll sleep with it, but it wont be as much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Would you not consider consciously uncoupling yourself from Season 6? There's still time.

Would you not consider consciously uncoupling yourself from Season 6? There's still time.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Getting through the entire series myself again at the moment. Just re-watched The Constant... easily one of the best episodes of television ever. The phonecall between Desmond and Penny gets me every single time...

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

Getting through the entire series myself again at the moment. Just re-watched The Constant... easily one of the best episodes of television ever. The phonecall between Desmond and Penny gets me every single time...

A great episode! The editing alone is superb.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

A perfect example of the writers having a good beginning and end, and the network telling them to fill out out with 5/6 series of crap in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Problem is when you really think about it it was all just nonsensical filler gibberish with gaping plotholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Thargor wrote: »
    Problem is when you really think about it it was all just nonsensical filler gibberish with gaping plotholes.

I was hooked badly for the first five series, procured each episode asap after it aired in America and spent way too long on various forums only for many questions to be left unanswered as the sixth series played out.

Looking back, your statement above sums it up pretty well.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    A perfect example of the writers having a good beginning and end, and the network telling them to fill out out with 5/6 series of crap in the middle.

Didnt Abrams and Lindeloff say they only wanted the show to run for four seasons max?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Didnt Abrams and Lindeloff say they only wanted the show to run for four seasons max?

I'm not sure exactly how long they wanted it themselves. But it wasn't until the end of season 3 that they made the agreement with ABC to do six seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

whiterebel wrote: »
    It wasnt a good ending though, it was one of the stupidest endings of any of the major series of recent times, worthy of Days of Our Lives or those other awful American soaps.

I'm not sure exactly how long they wanted it themselves. But it wasn't until the end of season 3 that they made the agreement with ABC to do six seasons.

Ah yes I think I remember now. I think Team Abrams wanted four seasons and ABC wanted eight! So the six seasons was a compromise.

Ah yes I think I remember now. I think Team Abrams wanted four seasons and ABC wanted eight! So the six seasons was a compromise.

Would have been a lot better with 4 seasons :/

Would have been a lot better with 4 seasons :/

And a decent ending! Abrams said that
    Jack closing his eye as he passed away
    was always the last planned shot. Its a pity he wasnt on board and on set for the latter seasons.

was always the last planned shot. Its a pity he wasnt on board and on set for the latter seasons.

I don't think the ending was that bad, and the ending of season 5 was one of my favorite ones but I still think it was a lot of filler stuff that wasn't needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I don't think the ending was that bad, and the ending of season 5 was one of my favorite ones but I still think it was a lot of filler stuff that wasn't needed.

filler stuff that wasn't explained or mentioned again into the bargain. A mish mash of stuff with a beginning and an end threw in a blender and out popped Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

abrams is an idea man, hes good at getting the ball rolling, but he doesnt know how the fill the gaps in the middle, thats the major problem that i really dislike about him, he could pop in every so often and tweak this or that, but he wont stick around to fill it out cause he doesnt know how to, its like the 2 great chapters in the middle of an average book,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What important questions were unanswered? I've more or less forgotten.

Advertisement