Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nashville [ABC - US]

Options
  • 08-10-2012 12:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Pilot is out, Connie Britton and country music....will it pull a Country Strong and bomb..... :( ....time will tell (and ratings) :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Hmmm...undecided, i'll give the first two eps. a shot...Smash meets Glee meets Country Strong, will the average American take to country?....or will it evolve into a Dallas like drama fest based in Nashville with tacked on music to try generate some iTunes cash?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/10/nashville-3-minute-preview.html

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Another soap opera drama but with music but I think it's success will depend on the rivalry and bitchiness created by the lead characters played by Connie Britton and Hayden Panetierre both capable actresses especially Britton

Kicks off tonight...

Nashville is to air on More4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I loved it and have watched it a few times since. Connie Britton can do no wrong in my eyes.
    I also love that The Civil Wars are writing music for the show. Here's hoping an album is released to coincide with the boxset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Pleasantly surprised by this one, caught me completely off guard. Freaking great pilot. Some really interesting characters there and hell some of the music is really quite good, didn't know the Civil Wars were writing for the show, really a great idea to collaborate with them. Looking forward to episode 2.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised by this one, caught me completely off guard. Freaking great pilot. Some really interesting characters there and hell some of the music is really quite good, didn't know the Civil Wars were writing for the show, really a great idea to collaborate with them. Looking forward to episode 2.

i will definately check it out, will watch it tonight...had a few shows to catch up on this night, lol....i do my best work in the a.m., insomnia....going on 15 years now :(

connie britton is a fine actress but i dislike hayden and think they are making the character taylor swift. we'll see how it goes....it did pretty weill in the ratings but not mega numbers. but it's very early in the season.......

i will definately check it out, will watch it tonight...had a few shows to catch up on this night, lol....i do my best work in the a.m., insomnia....going on 15 years now :(

connie britton is a fine actress but i dislike hayden and think they are making the character taylor swift. we'll see how it goes....it did pretty weill in the ratings but not mega numbers. but it's very early in the season.......

Wouldn't be Hayden's biggest fan either, however I think she does okay in this role, she does bitchy quite well. Only time will tell if she is capable of evolving the character further. I thought the same regarding the Taylor Swift thing as well, didn't see much in the way of resemblance though. Between her and the character though.

Connie Britton just carries the show, had they gotten someone even slightly sub par I don't think it would have worked in anyway, shape or form. It is just so effortless with her.

It's one of the better pilots I've seen this year, very polished for a pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Wouldn't be Hayden's biggest fan either, however I think she does okay in this role, she does bitchy quite well. Only time will tell if she is capable of evolving the character further. I thought the same regarding the Taylor Swift thing as well, didn't see much in the way of resemblance though. Between her and the character though.

Connie Britton just carries the show, had they gotten someone even slightly sub par I don't think it would have worked in anyway, shape or form. It is just so effortless with her.

It's one of the better pilots I've seen this year, very polished for a pilot.
    yeah the show will live or die by how good Connie Britton is, i cant understand why they even cast Panettiere, i dont think there are that many people out there that rate her, she was the worst part of heroes and she hasnt done anything notable since the show finished 2 years ago, and there is a reason for that, hopefully her character will have a nervous breakdown and theyll move onto another rising star,

ill watch a few more episodes, but it will be pretty far down my to watch list,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

don ramo wrote: »
    i cant understand why they even cast Panettiere

Because she is gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,609 ✭✭✭squonk

I was quite surprised by this myself. I was expecting something very girly or glee-ish and watched for Connie Britton but the combo of Connie, Eric Close & Powers Boothe means I'm likely to stick with this one a lot longer. Connie is a great actress and she owned the role as the mom in Friday Night Lights so much so that it took me a while to shift role with her but now I have she's fantastic in this as well.

I really enjoy the country numbers and half way through I started looking forward to more of them. Last year Revenge was my guilty pleasure, a treat I held back for a Friday night and I think this show is going to assume that role this year. It's a very strong opener and, more importantly, progressed the storyline just enough to leave me gagging for more so that's a good sign. I see T-Bone Burnett has a producer credit as well which is also a big plus.

irish son wrote: »
    Because she is gorgeous.
    girls like her a a dime a dozen in TV land, and they dont require enhancements to get ahead, i think someone like levin rambin could have done a much better job here, and she looks just as good as hayden, there is just something i cant stand about her, but its probably just me,

don ramo wrote: »
    girls like her a a dime a dozen in TV land, and they dont require enhancements to get ahead, i think someone like levin rambin could have done a much better job here, and she looks just as good as hayden, there is just something i cant stand about her, but its probably just me,

Maybe that's the point though. It's already been established that she's not exactly brimming with talent in the role she's playing as they talked about voice tracking and I'm sure they're also looking for that element of 'dime a dozen, bottled beauty' without much class and being all about the bling in contrast to Connie's character who is down home pure talent, has her own looks, is smart and strong and just a traditional country star.

squonk wrote: »
    Maybe that's the point though. It's already been established that she's not exactly brimming with talent in the role she's playing as they talked about voice tracking and I'm sure they're also looking for that element of 'dime a dozen, bottled beauty' without much class and being all about the bling in contrast to Connie's character who is down home pure talent, has her own looks, is smart and strong and just a traditional country star.
    im simply on about her acting ability, they have a strong lead in britton, but i dont think panettiere is capable of holding her own against her throughout the series,

and yeah i liked how they talked about dubbing also, it would have made the show ridiculous if they didnt mention it,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Liked the pilot a fair bit, thought it was strong. Quite funny at times. Only two car scenes, but the green screen seemed awful, even by TV standards. Slightly wary of the niece's storyline and how it's going to converge, just a tad too perfect, but hey, it's TV. I was unfamiliar with Panettiere before reading the comments here - viewing this I took away that she was trying a little too hard. Britton delivers, naturally. And yes, you do need Deadwood's Cy Tolliver in there somewhere. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I didn't think I'd like it but the pilot was actually really enjoyable. It'll take a few eps before I stop thinking of Britton as Tami Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

In the Pilot when Rayna is arguing with her father- he says something which I didnt quiet but felt it was along the lines of an affair/one of her kids having a different father. I replayed it again but cant quiet pick up on it. Any ideas?

trendy88 wrote: »
    In the Pilot when Rayna is arguing with her father- he says something which I didnt quiet but felt it was along the lines of an affair/one of her kids having a different father. I replayed it again but cant quiet pick up on it. Any ideas?

I replayed it too, and like yourself couldn't really make sense of it. My guess would be that is just a precursor to a story that we will see later in the season. My guess is Deacon is the father of one of Rayna's daughters but doesn't know it, and neither does Teddy. But apparently Daddy does....

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

I replayed it too, and like yourself couldn't really make sense of it. My guess would be that is just a precursor to a story that we will see later in the season. My guess is Deacon is the father of one of Rayna's daughters but doesn't know it, and neither does Teddy. But apparently Daddy does....

Seems likely!! Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Bit surprised, but it must be doing OK in the Wednesday 10pm slot. Full season order: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/11/12/abcs-nashville-gets-full-season-order/157284/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

YES!!
    Beyond happy about this.

Yep defo think Deacon is the real father of Rayna's oldest kid

I like a lot of the music on the show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nashville is to air on More4

The first season of ABC’s drama series Nashville will receive its UK premiere on More4 on Thursday February 7th at 10pm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The first season of ABC’s drama series Nashville will receive its UK premiere on More4 on Thursday February 7th at 10pm

Highly recommended, a great show.

Only seeing now it's made it to a full season. I'm delighted about this also. I think it's one of the stronger shows from this year's crop and I finally have a chance to watch a show with musical numbers that isn't kinda stupid like Glee. I've been very impressed with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

I really like this show, outta everything else I watched this year, this has been the only thing that survived,
    The music from the part1 of season 1 was very good

Hope it continues......I presume in the last episode there were some legit
    Nashville people there, being clueless to the nashville music scene, it kinda passed me by!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Have to say i'm loving this so far, will probably stay watching it. Has this been picked up for a second season?

ABC has cut the shows episode order by one....generally episode cuts are not a good sign of renewal.

Ah no :(. It's a show I'm still really liking and I'd love to see it back. It's maintaining its overall quality and that's a good thing. Definitely deserves a renewal but perhaps the numbers are not saying that. I don't have an idea of it's numbers. Will be very sad if this goes.

• Advertisement

ABC has cut the shows episode order by one....generally episode cuts are not a good sign of renewal.

I really like this one, its been very consistent and Connie Britton and Hayden Panitierre have both been great, I will not be happy if they kill it!

Advertisement