Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

893bet wrote: »
    That’s a champagne watch for lemonade money.

Great saying.. will use that one if anyone asks me where I got my Rolex :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Great saying.. will use that one if anyone asks me where I got my Rolex :)

+1

Wearing in my new Steinhart 'Sub'. Read reviews where people talk about back-play on the bezel but mine's as steady as a rock.

512781.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

LHo0pjCh.jpg

My trusty beater, with a metal case.
    Around €25 from aliexpress.

There's an aged metal case/bracelet available too. I'm tempted !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭This is it

After missing out on the Gulf yesterday I decided I couldn't let what seemed like another fantastic bargain slip away. Cheers Unkel

97984169_10213372771352959_1806887544516771840_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=OyJcjSnr2ZsAX8s-YvN&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=9d68e55365aa1ea22bbd699c7c01711c&oe=5EE1C282

Would appreciate if I could be banned from the forum for the next 3-6 months. Unless someone sees a good deal on a Gulf Edition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,154 ✭✭✭893bet

That looks in much better condition than in Unkels picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

That looks in much better condition than in Unkels picture!

I was going to say the same thing :D:D

Pictures like 'This Is It's' would have made it sell better I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭This is it

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I was going to say the same thing :D:D

Pictures like 'This Is It's' would have made it sell better I reckon.

Too late, mine now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,718 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm brutal at taking pictures. You can just assume that anything I post online looks an awful lot better in real life :D

Well wear, This is it. You got a cracker of a watch for the money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

+1

Wearing in my new Steinhart 'Sub'. Read reviews where people talk about back-play on the bezel but mine's as steady as a rock.

CT - Watch looks fab! Can I ask what size your wrist is? Wondering if the 39mm is the one for me? I'm around 6.75". Won't be for a few months though....:(

Sparrowcar's Pepsi looks the biz too, but I just prefer the all-black version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Junghans Form C

20200514-123932.jpg

blindsider wrote: »
    +1

CT - Watch looks fab! Can I ask what size your wrist is? Wondering if the 39mm is the one for me? I'm around 6.75". Won't be for a few months though....:(

Sparrowcar's Pepsi looks the biz too, but I just prefer the all-black version.

My wrist.
    If I pull the Ikea measuring tape tight it's about 7 inches, kinda flat top and bottom with 2 inches across the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

blindsider wrote: »

My wrist.
    If I pull the Ikea measuring tape tight it's about 7 inches, kinda flat top and bottom with 2 inches across the top.

One trick I learnt with measuring nonstraight things with a ruler/tape is to wrap a string around the thing you're measuring and then measure the length of string :) - will get it even more accurate than trying to fold metal around yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Resin strap came today and swapped onto gshock all metal. Watch feels so much lighter..pain in nuts to swap out strap. You need two fine screw drivers to unscrew endlinks

IMG-20200514-144815.jpg
    IMG-20200514-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200514-145156.jpg

I was referring to the free Ikea tape, they're not metal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

513002.jpg

• Advertisement

Resin strap came today and swapped onto gshock all metal.
    Funnily enough I got the parts sitting around to do the same with mine, and the bezel from a B5000TFC-1. Haven't got round to it though

attachment.php?attachmentid=512934&stc=1&d=1589466323[IMG]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/blob:<a href=https://imgur.com/cac97487-c1d5-4b32-a337-025b8136cac0 target=_blank>[/img]https://imgur.com/cac97487-c1d5-4b32-a337-025b8136cac0</a>[IMG]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/blob:<a href=https://imgur.com/cac97487-c1d5-4b32-a337-025b8136cac0http:// target=_blank>[/img]https://imgur.com/cac97487-c1d5-4b32-a337-025b8136cac0http://</a>

Funnily enough I got the parts sitting around to do the same with mine, and the bezel from a B5000TFC-1. Haven't got round to it though
    SNIP

Is it a metal bezel?

Is it a metal bezel?
    Yeah, it's a black(ish) DLC coated bezel from a different model in the B5000 series - the B5000TFC-1. Just to have a bit of a different look from time to time. Might look better with the black rubber strap.

GMW-B5000TFC-1-Baselworld-2018.jpg

yes i might try it to.. . would you have a link the black bezel?

Yeah, it's a black(ish) DLC coated bezel from a different model in the B5000 series - the B5000TFC-1. Just to have a bit of a different look from time to time. Might look better with the black rubber strap. SNIP

actually id love to try a matt black bezel with composite bracelet... its super easy to wear

• Advertisement

yes i might try it to.. . would you have a link the black bezel?
    Yeah sure, sent it to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

antodeco wrote: »
    SNIP

Oh no you dont cant be letting the gshocks drive that off the first page :D Tell us, how long have you had it? Whats the ref? You wear it daily?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's an 116523. Made around 2008/2009 as far as I know. (V serial number) Steel and 18k gold rolesor with an oyster clasp strap. Have it about 18 months although I was without it for a few weeks this year. Only got it back earlier this week (thanks Covid19!)

Worn fairly daily. I have a daydate and datejust also, so they get swapped. Hoping to add potentially a submariner next month. Will have a look at options!

It's an 116523. Made around 2008/2009 as far as I know. (V serial number) Steel and 18k gold rolesor with an oyster clasp strap. Have it about 18 months although I was without it for a few weeks this year. Only got it back earlier this week (thanks Covid19!)

Worn fairly daily. I have a daydate and datejust also, so they get swapped. Hoping to add potentially a submariner next month. Will have a look at options!

Its lovely... Rolex arent shy with writing on the dial. Expensive watch?

Excellent, whats the chance of a few pics of the others? There is a state of the collection thread also (SOTC) DayDate is another of my favourites, as is the Datejust. Sound like a great collection.

micks_addres - you would need to go back the the 80's for a two line Daytona the dial was a lot more open. When you have it in hand the chrono dials have a fine groove in them like a vinyl record. A lot of depth to the dial. Its a surprisingly small watch, and once you take the bezel off the 40mm you not left with much.

Fitz in shock Rolex love in

(Would also like to see some more picture of them all).

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

tenor.gif?itemid=3455024

(Would also like to see some more picture of them all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

New rubber for the SKX today - Crafter Blue CB10 - cannot recommend this strap enough, really nice feel and super comfy. Very high quality and great fit with curved lug ends. Comes with black keepers and bars for both SKX new Seiko 5. No comparison to stock Z22. Absolutely shocked with the delivery, Door to door in less than 3 days from Hong Kong, yet my eBay UK/Amazon shipments are taking 10-14 days minimum.

Ignore the scratch, Sapphire crystal on the way to keep me busy.

513042.jpg
    513043.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

It's so cute and a steal for £52 :-)

513052.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Messing about with options.
    Pleased with how well the Alpha looks on an old silicone band.

FZjDaZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

And now something from other side of the globe.
    Not my own but my daughter, she got it from my grandma.

It is manual hand winding and comes from country which do not exist anymore.

Tom

513078.jpg

WOW - this watch maker still exist !

https://www.glashuette-original.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's so cute and a steal for £52 :-)

SNIP

The Argos site says thats 53mm wide.

Surely thats's wrong?

NIMAN wrote: »
    The Argos site says thats 53mm wide.

Surely thats's wrong?
    It's about 43mm wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭fat bloke

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Steinhart jubilee arrived, took 4 days from order to doorstep which is excellent during the present lockdowns.

Absolutely finishes this watch perfectly IMO.

That's lovely Sparrowcar, is it a 39?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

My favourite watch at the moment, my grab and go piece.

Screenshot-20200516-025856-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20200516-025806-Gallery.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

fat bloke wrote: »
    That's lovely Sparrowcar, is it a 39?

Yes 39mm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I haven't worn this one in a while, time to give it a wind.
    (also has a telemeter :))

513128.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh that's nice. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

lovely detail that they continued the telemeter on the date window too. I prefer the old Zenith layout for their chronos where the sub-dials don't overlap over one another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That Zenith is very tasty!

Cool Zenith, I like it a lot. What else you hiding from us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

snip

I don't know much about watches but that is ****ing lovley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Vestiapx wrote: »
    I don't know much about watches but that is ****ing lovley.

Oh sorry it's a no quoting thread, won't do it again.

Added this In-house movement Tudor Black Bay 2020

IMG-7072.jpg

IMG-7068.jpg

IMG-7033.jpg

• Advertisement

Great to see you moving away from Rolex......

Great to see you moving away from Rolex......

A side step :o Not selling any Rolex they are all keepers (at the moment). The Tudor is excellent quality and Value, a Champagne watch for Prosecco money. although I would not buy one new they loose money. I am very impressed with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭banie01

A side step :o Not selling any Rolex they are all keepers (at the moment). The Tudor is excellent quality and Value, a Champagne watch for Prosecco money. although I would not buy one new they loose money. I am very impressed with it.

Would you believe the Harrods black bay has been playing on my mind for a while now, as close to a Kermit as I could realistically afford I think.

Well wear with it FG, it really is a lovely piece!

2shea wrote: »
    My favourite watch at the moment, my grab and go piece.
    SNIP
    That's a stunning piece, what's the reference number ? Is that the "Ray Mears" model ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭fat bloke

At first reading I thought you'd added to your for sale catalogue, as opposed to your collection.
    Is she a keeper or an amusement? :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement