Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 26/10 *12am start*

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I watched live I didn't have work this morning but nothing action wide made me turn of. Like I knew Reigns was going to win it was a matter of how clean. Himself and Kofi had a good match earlier on. Actually all the preliminary matches were good. Kevin Owens was short but I can live with that.
    6 diva tag was OK. But with Paige going after Charlotte it leaves very little for the rest of the Divas to do.
    I was surprised Breeze didn't get involved somehow with Ziggler. And I thought the same with stardust from the previous night.
    Wyatt actually doing something with his gimmick was good and about time. I'd like to see how it progresses

No John Cena was odd. Like nothing to get him of TV for an extended period of time. More than likely next week.
    The pop up to superman punch was cool enoigh though so give that a look if ye can. Also great to hear Roman get a pop. The crowd on a whole really played their part in a way the right people got heat and pops throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Expected the pin to be on Ziggler to protect both champions.
    The Mexamerica thing just sounds weird.
    Divas beatdown was long time coming so now can continue that storyline. Need to give the rest of them something to do as well.

Seeing the ad for Halloween special Smackdown reminded me of the days when they would have the Diva Halloween battele royale. I doubt they'll be able to dress like they used to in that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

FatalFairAmoeba.gif

DyEPUT5.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Very good raw after an excellent ppv. Now let's hope they don't drag these stories out over the next several weeks until survivor series like they usually do

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Roman can't handle Big E's powah!

http://gfycat.com/BowedCautiousDungenesscrab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dean ambrose to cost reigns the title at ss setting up the shield triple threat.

I think it will be Kane and taker vs the Wyatt family at ss. Lesner is gone til the rumble, sting is injured and Finn Balor is not on the main roster yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dean ambrose to cost reigns the title at ss setting up the shield triple threat.

I think it will be Kane and taker vs the Wyatt family at ss. Lesner is gone til the rumble, sting is injured and Finn Balor is not on the main roster yet

think it will defiantly 4 vs 4 it would be a waste not to use the whole wyatt family but the other 2 on takers team could be anyone really its hard to pin down whos left on the roster with a big link to taker and kane.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    think it will defiantly 4 vs 4 it would be a waste not to use the whole wyatt family but the other 2 on takers team could be anyone really its hard to pin down whos left on the roster with a big link to taker and kane.

Reckon the other two will be Ambrose and Orton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I don't see any need to have Ambrose involved with Reigns and Rollins right now. That's a card they can play at a later date if needed.

If handled correctly, I feel like Reigns and Rollins have the potential to elevate each other here considerably. Could be some really great matches between the two and the addition of Ambrose just doesn't do enough to offset the inherent awkwardness of triple threats.
    They could even have Reigns come out of it all as champion, with a Rollins face turn to lead into Rollins vs HHH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

there definitely was a tease of it, with Ambrose's talk of Roman being so close before at WM & MITB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

tapped out after the ADR match watching the rest now. With the phonecall I got this morning I was glad I did.

I liked Matt Fowler's comment on ign
    Too bad, by the way, that Dean Ambrose died two weeks ago in a hot dog cart stealing incident and now only exists as a motivational backstage ghost who only a distraught Roman Reigns can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

martyos121 wrote: »
    The crowd might've made Roman tonight. I've been a big fan of his since the match against Bryan at Fast Lane, and it looks like most people are now. Good for him, rarely puts on a bad match.

I dunno, it seems like he usually gets a good crowd reaction on Raw then dumped on at PPVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Thought it was a good RAW overall. Didn't FF any segment which is unusual. TBH That in itself says it was a good show.
    I am p!$$3D the corporate/Demon Kane story-line is over, thought it was funny as hell.

Although I do like New Day, when are the Du..duuu....du...dudley boys gonna get the belts? they cant keep loosing, its ridiculous. TLC on 13/12 maybe?

Was actually just thinking, that must be one of the shortest storylines(that wasn't just dropped) in recent history with Corporate/Demon Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,312 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I think too Ambrose will turn heel at SS costing Reigns the title

I'd love to see Sting and Bryan back and on Team Taker for SS against Wyatts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I liked RAW this week. Especially the tournament. Title shots should be earned, matches should be competitive with a consequence for losing/winning, all of that was there which made me happy. Actual matches were good as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Sting and Bryan back and on Team Taker for SS against Wyatts

Not a chance of either of them being named as partners.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The idea of Ambrose turning on Reigns annoys me because it means Ambrose will be helping Rollins win, which goes against the character and feud they spent a year working on when the two were feuding.

Now, for instance, if Ambrose interferes and lays out BOTH people, perfect. Not necessarily a heel turn, but he costs Reigns the match and acts as a bit of a tweener.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Agree completely. I would consider him turning on Reigns to keep the belt on Rollins to be insulting unless he took out both men. I'm hoping they hold off on this until around the Rumble & give us a good build to a triple threat at Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was actually just thinking, that must be one of the shortest storylines(that wasn't just dropped) in recent history with Corporate/Demon Kane.

Yea, maybe they've had to change it on the fly, with a Sting interference being planned for Hell In A Cell to kickstart a mania build. His injury forcing the Wyatt storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just getting to watch this now and Michael Cole is getting more annoying by the week. I honestly wonder what matches he's watching sometimes cause its certainly not the ones I'm seeing. As for his "FOR THE WIN" every two minutes....jaysus.

Re Dudley boys winning belts I would imagine TLC in December after a tables match would be most suitable. Annoying as I enjoy The New Day as champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My thoughts on RAW/HITC

Delighted Alberto is back and delighted that Zeb is back too, but Im not delighted at the direction of either of them. Its a lazy way to pair them up and Id rather Alberto be a lone wolf and down play his roots a bit and just be a serious contender.

That being said hes on fire, besides the finish of his Cena match which came out of no where, hes looked incredible in the ring. 3 great matches in 2 days.

The fatal four way to end Raw was excellent, truly a fanstaic match that everyone involved looked great in. Roman looked great for the first time in months, mainly due to how he was booked through out the night. I feel he suffered in his feud with Wyatt but hes been booked carefully in his match with Kofi and the fatal 4 way.

I do fear for his promos in his feud with Seth, less is more and the less scripted the better.

Seth going over clean on Sunday helped mend some of his damaged rep but he needs to continue to be booked strong, as does Reigns, in the lead up to Survivor Series.

Not a fan of Taker/Kane v Wyatt Family..... Im just over Bray as a character and Taker/Kane need to retire and WWE needs to build new stars soon as they are relying on these old work horses far too much.

Where Ambrose? I feel Randys injury has left Ambrose twiddling his thumbs and WWE have no back up plan for him. Id say he and Randy woul have been added to the Wyatt Taker program had it not been for Randys set back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

What I will say about the Wyatt-Brothers of Destruction feud is it's the perfect chance to bring Balor to the main roster. With Wyatt calling himself "the new face of fear" and the two demon brothers no longer able for the fight, why not bring up the newest demon from NXT to help them out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If Veterans are in storylines with newer guys while newer guys are also in the main event its a good thing. Presenting Wyatts as foes if Taker puts them over and it also puts over Rollins and Reigns when they main event the PPV.

I would like to see Triple H turn up and help Taker and maybe another blast from his past. Foley, if he wasn't a wreck would be great against the Wyatts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    What I will say about the Wyatt-Brothers of Destruction feud is it's the perfect chance to bring Balor to the main roster. With Wyatt calling himself "the new face of fear" and the two demon brothers no longer able for the fight, why not bring up the newest demon from NXT to help them out.

Im still not convinced that Balor is WWE tv ready and fear he would be lost in teh mid card if he was to be brought up now. He still has trouble with his promos and talking to a live crowd and I feel if he was to be brought up into this feud like MrK suggested, he would be playing second fiddle to Taker.

Id rather him stay in NXT and slowly turn heel. It may not happen to be honest, but hes far better as a heel than doing his dull babyface demon act, with is all style and no substance from a character POV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'd like to see Balor make the occasional appearance on WWE main roster tv, such as a mystery partner at Survivor Series, but leave him in NXT full time. He's probably better off a main eventer in NXT, leading them as they tour the world than being stuck as a midcarder on the main roster. But the odd appearance here and there just to raise his profile would be cool, and would keep him a special attraction.

I'd like to see Balor make the occasional appearance on WWE main roster tv, such as a mystery partner at Survivor Series, but leave him in NXT full time. He's probably better off a main eventer in NXT, leading them as they tour the world than being stuck as a midcarder on the main roster. But the odd appearance here and there just to raise his profile would be cool, and would keep him a special attraction.

that actually might make a bit of sense giving nxt has shows in UKin December and with Survivor Series being the final big 4 PPV of the year exposure to Balor (with him being the NXT Heavyweight Champion) and some other NXT talent would make sense as although NXT is popular I am unsure of how many watch it on WWE network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement