Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video - Israeli soldiers appear to mock call to prayer

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'm sorry I can deal with the world wide economic down turn (and am waiting for the dreaded double dip with a sick anticipation). While still keeping myself informed and engaged.
    You may wish to wallow in your misfortune and blissfully ignore the greater world and feel we all should do the same.

I'm glad to say your opinion is in the minority.

One could extrapolate that your an ostrich or worse just promulgation of zionist vested interests.

So let me spell this out for you, you dont get to tell people they can or cant post about something you dont agree with. If you take issue with something then post away but if you feel that a thread has no merit, then, just because you feel that way does not make it so!

Personally, I know how board troops get, and dont care that they did this, or any dance to any religious song or prayer of any faith and as someone who has lived in an islamic country I have no real love of either.

My own politics are far from left wing and getting more right wing by the day(you dont want to know what will happen when I'm in charge :) )

And seeing as we return a center left government over and over again one could surmise that yes that is the view and rhetoric of this country.

You may feel that you are in some way more cerebral by using big words but rather you might use this to look at the geopolitical situation we find the world in and the agenda you seem to push in far greater depth.

To be honest pal, I don't think that, based on that post, I'd let you spell anything out for me.

My point is ,that the propensity of posting anti Isreali threads in this forum, does not ,in my opinion ,reflect the interest in those affairs, by the general public.

That should be apparent to even the cursory subscriber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

paulaa wrote: »
    Sorry but it doesn't matter how old these people are, they are representatives of "the most moral army in the world" . They are old enough to carry guns and make decisions that decide whether someone lives or dies . Surely the Israeli military don't send people out into "hostile" areas without giving them some training and discipline.

Seriously, they are kids and kids behave stupidly at times.

They are undertaking mandatory military service by virtue of the fact they were born in Israel.

Young lads the world over are the same, there are videos of Irish soldiers acting the ejit in Chad etc I believe, why not criticise them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Young lads the world over are the same, there are videos of Irish soldiers acting the ejit in Chad etc I believe, why not criticise them too.

They are on a UN mission. The other lot are involved in an illegal colonial enterprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Seriously, they are kids and kids behave stupidly at times.

They are undertaking mandatory military service by virtue of the fact they were born in Israel.

Kids they are, they should not be let near a loaded weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

mrboswell wrote: »
    Latest two fingers to Palestine by the IDF....

IDF patrol set up a dance routine during a muslim call to prayer in Hebron and record it.

And they wonder why Palestinians don't like them.

If this video was a piece of fun, then why is the call to prayer a part of it?

Has it been doctored by someone inserting that,

or

has it been deliberately released with that on there, by the soldiers?

There is no reason to have the call to prayer on that soundtrack except to get people upset. It is apparent to me that it is designed as an insult to a group of people.

What is unknown to me is who is responsible for its inclusion ...... the soldiers themselves,

or

someone who wishes to cause some anti-IDF feelings.

In either case, I think the video is despicable.

Without the religious connotations and the absence of any indication to its specific location, the video would be a great piece of fun.

regards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

If this video was a piece of fun, then why is the call to prayer a part of it?

Has it been doctored by someone inserting that,

or

has it been deliberately released with that on there, by the soldiers?

In the absence of any other information, I submit that Occam's Razor would result in the simplest answer being the truth: The call to prayer happened to be going on at the time that they were returning from the patrol, and nobody thought anything of it.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Odd bit of oul Video all the same....where`s the locals ?....what time was it taken at ?...are we sure the call is in fact one of prayer ? What became of the "Rock The Kasbah" reference on the OP Title line ?....who made the video.....who u-tubed it....slightly OT,non Israel but still U-Tube related...whatever happened to the Garda who was ` Tubed taking a phone call from a disgruntled member of the public a while back ???

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Nodin wrote: »
    They are on a UN mission. The other lot are involved in an illegal colonial enterprise.

I dont see how being on an UN mission allows you to act like a fu*king idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

To be honest pal, I don't think that, based on that post, I'd let you spell anything out for me.

My point is ,that the propensity of posting anti Isreali threads in this forum, does not ,in my opinion ,reflect the interest in those affairs, by the general public.

That should be apparent to even the cursory subscriber.

maybe because of things like this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7901025/Palestinian-jailed-for-rape-after-claiming-to-be-Jewish.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Can you say non-sequitur?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Einhard wrote: »
    Can you say non-sequitur?

In relation to this thread, I would agree with you to an extent. The above link is worthy of thread in its own right. It's rather striking proof of the fact that Israel is an apartheid state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Byron85 wrote: »
    In relation to this thread, I would agree with you to an extent. The above link is worthy of thread in its own right. It's rather striking proof of the fact that Israel is an apartheid state.

It'[s an idiotic decision which has been criticised across the political spectrum in Israel. Not proof of an apartheid state as you claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Not proof of an apartheid state as you claim.

We'll see if it's repealed then.

Just on a side note, the actions of any judicial system is rather indicative of the type of country in which the system operates. In that sense, I would compare it to an apartheid state in the same way that America effectively was up until relatively recently. If an African-American was accused of raping a white woman, as has happened in the past, the man was likely to be killed, despite the lack of any evidence against him. It's definitely something worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭deravarra

It'[s an idiotic decision which has been criticised across the political spectrum in Israel. Not proof of an apartheid state as you claim.

Just another little piece of the jigsaw in which the picture presented is clearly one of an apartheid regime favouring one over the other.

Jews from all over the world, without any physical link to Israel, are welcomed there. Arabs are treated as second class citizens. If, as an arab, you leave the country to work or study, you may not be allowed back to your own home, where your family live.

In effect, the Israelis are practising a form of ethnic cleansing.

The irony ...

Advertisement