Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi €10 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Are there any limitations on what they can be redeemed against in tesco?

Cannot use with purchase of baby formula

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bump. Dont forget the sindo today, 10 off 50 at Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭banham

Cool! Yesterday- I used 2 * Aldi 10 Euro off when you spend 50 vouchers, 1 by Dunnes, 15 off when you spend 60 voucher and 1 by Dunnes 8 off when you spend 40 voucher. Kids have new clothes, and the larder and freezer are well stocked! Tesco must be regretting this offer.

How much did you spend/ save ? Can you use all the vouchers together?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    Are there any limitations on what they can be redeemed against in tesco?

No baby formula, lottery tickets, tobacco products or petrol/diesel.

banham wrote: »
    How much did you spend/ save ? Can you use all the vouchers together?

Spent 240.
    Mispriced/overcharged 28.65, which has been credited back onto my credit card.
    Vouchers used- Dunnes 15 and 8, Aldi 10 and 10- 43 in total.
    Other vouchers used 12.25

Shop included clothing, shoes, kiddies books and school clothes, bed linen, general groceries, alcohol and frozen items. Split the shop into 4 parts- to avail of the targeted spend of the vouchers- of 60, 50, 50, and 40 (all were a few Euro over the targets).

Muti buy offers knocked another 20-30 Euro off the prices (Heinz pasta shapes, coffee, Tropicana fruit juices, Kellogs cereals etc).

I was lucky it fit in the car......... thats us sorted, other than milk and fresh consumables, for several weeks.

• Advertisement

well done ! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I used two €10 vouchers today in Aldi and also used two of the vouchers for a box of free cereal bars:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco must be regretting this offer.

Doubt it.
    Increase in turnover (or at worst no reduction).
    It just shows you how much margin they are taking these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Doubt it.
    Increase in turnover (or at worst no reduction).
    It just shows you how much margin they are taking these days!

Low margin,high volumn industry. All about catching large share of back to school customers and then hoping to keep them in very competitive marketplace

Low margin,high volumn industry. All about catching large share of back to school customers and then hoping to keep them in very competitive marketplace

Typical margins are less than 10%- with some product categories in the 5-6% range. RGDATA does good breakdowns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

When Lidl first came to Ireland they where working off a 30% margin. Don't know what its like now

castle2012 wrote: »
    When Lidl first came to Ireland they where working off a 30% margin. Don't know what its like now

In all honesty- both Aldi and Lidl have changed considerably in Ireland and the UK in the past 6-8 years- and are putting increased emphasis on luxury goods and increasing the quality of their own-brand offerings (to the extent that they are constantly fighting with one another at any product taste-tests (though very often in blind-testing, their products- particularly Christmas fare- significantly exceeds the name-brand products available elsewhere.

What cost is associated with the shift in emphasis? I don't know?

Tesco have never disclosed their profits in Ireland. I wonder why?
    Their prices in the Uk are alot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

tantipie wrote: »
    I used two €10 vouchers today in Aldi and also used two of the vouchers for a box of free cereal bars:)
    What vouchers are those?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

leck wrote: »
    What vouchers are those?
    Think these were a seperate voucher in Saturdays Independent (or maybe another paper)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

leck wrote: »
    What vouchers are those?

Might have been in the Sunday World . 10 euros worth of Vouchers. I didnt buy it but saw it when getting the Sindo.

Saturdays indo had a voucher for a free box of cereal bars..were the Sun's vouchers any good does anyone know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They were coupons - 50% off common stuff. Do a search for Sundayworld & Aldi.

Would the cereal bars cost less than the cost of the saturday Indo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

a little OT, but I got Dunnes stores vouchers in the post for €25 off a €100 shop. worth signing up with them all!

snubbleste wrote: »
    They were coupons - 50% off common stuff. Do a search for Sundayworld & Aldi.

Would the cereal bars cost less than the cost of the saturday Indo?

We get the papers at work so cost me nothing;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭crayon80

Wonder if there will be another voucher this week? This is up on the Independent website today

Published 28/08/2014 | 15:22

Save €10 on your shopping at Aldi this week
    Only with the Sunday Independent

Soft, brown bread, creamy cheddar and cool mayo - with a side of crunchy apple.
    Sounds delish? At Aldi you can find fresh, delicious lunches, meals and snacks to make the first week back to school that little bit easier.

What's even better, Aldi are offering Sunday Independent readers a very generous €10 off voucher when you spend €50 or more.

Only in the week's Sunday Independent.
    - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exclusive-content/save-10-on-your-shopping-at-aldi-this-week-30508957.html#sthash.KhAip0i2.dpuf

Calling it "THE week's Sunday Independent" is throwing me though. Bit of a stupid article if today's website is advertising last week's voucher.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe so, the original announcement was for three weeks worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Aldi have confirmed on Facebook that there is another €10 voucher in the Independent tomorrow. There's also a "treat" in today's Independent. Doesn't say what it is though.

Also Aldi are getting in paper log briquette makers during the week for us to recycle those stupid papers:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Whiplashy wrote: »
    There's also a "treat" in today's Independent.
    Coupon for mini rice cakes at Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

foggy_lad wrote:
    Update, it is in Saturdays paper. There might also be one in Sundays paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

crayon80 wrote: »
    Wonder if there will be another voucher this week? This is up on the Independent website today

Published 28/08/2014 | 15:22

Save €10 on your shopping at Aldi this week
    Only with the Sunday Independent

Soft, brown bread, creamy cheddar and cool mayo - with a side of crunchy apple.
    Sounds delish? At Aldi you can find fresh, delicious lunches, meals and snacks to make the first week back to school that little bit easier.

What's even better, Aldi are offering Sunday Independent readers a very generous €10 off voucher when you spend €50 or more.

Only in the week's Sunday Independent.
    - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exclusive-content/save-10-on-your-shopping-at-aldi-this-week-30508957.html#sthash.KhAip0i2.dpuf

Calling it "THE week's Sunday Independent" is throwing me though. Bit of a stupid article if today's website is advertising last week's voucher.

It is in tomorrow's as well. They were advertising it on the radio this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Also Aldi are getting in paper log briquette makers during the week for us to recycle those stupid papers:D[/QUOTE]

Bought one of these a few years back and had great expectations but in all honesty they are SO much hassle they really are not worth the effort. You soak the paper, make the blocks and wait for an eternity for them to dry out, then when you eventually do get to burn them they throw out so little heat and burn so quickly it seemed a total waste of time!! Sorry if I'm raining on your parade! :o

best thing cut out coupon and stick newspaper straight into fire saves the messing and saves reading that Indo rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Lads are ye sure about it being Saturday's Indo that has the €10 voucher?, ALDI say the Sunday Indo on their Facebook page.

320386.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

duridian wrote: »
    Lads are ye sure about it being Saturday's Indo that has the €10 voucher?, ALDI say the Sunday Indo on their Facebook page.

320386.jpg

It's the Sunday Indo. Today's paper just had a voucher for free mini rice cakes. The paper cost more than the rice cakes so hardly an offer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement