Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I lost enough weight

Options
  • 03-05-2015 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I joined slimming world In January, with the goal of loosing 3 1/2 stone this year.

So far I have lost 1 St 7lb. This is from just changing my diet and not doing any extra Excercise. I have going from 15 7 to 14St.

Is this enough to weight to loose or am I loosing it to slowly.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The important thing is that you're losing weight. Could be faster, could be slower. But you're going in the right direction. Fwiw, I reckon you're chugging along nicely. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You started in January, so its been 16 weeks or so. You've lost 21lbs, that's a great rate of loss. In fact I'd say its close to perfect.
    Nowhere near too slowly. If you had expectations beyond this, you should forget about them, they wouldn'y be sustainable - you're way is better.
    You are well on track for 3.5lbs by the end of year, and that's all you need to aim for imo. Your rate of loss will slow as you lose more weight, that's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Stick with the pace you are going at. The way that you were eating was causing you to gain weight. Eating the way you are now is causing you to lose that weight, this is a good thing.

If you lose the weight too quickly, then once you hit your target you might just go back to the way you used to eat and you would just put the weight straight back on again. If you go slower, you become much more accustomed to the new way that you eat and are therefore more likely to stick with it even after you reach your goal. In the long term it will probably work out better for you.

Dieting is a quick fix that usually results in you putting the weight back on, changing the way you eat instead usually leads to a much healthier lifestyle long term. A friend of mine joined slimming world a couple of years ago. He lost five stone, since then he has continued to eat the way that they suggested and still attends once a month to make sure his weight does not start to creep back up again and so far he has managed to keep it off.

I have been on a diet and exercising for the last year and have found that some weeks you lose nothing, some weeks you lose loads and some weeks you even put on weight. Often times I can find no reason for this. I have pretty much stuck to my plan the whole time. It seems to me that it is not as straight forward as we are some times lead to believe. We think that if we follow all the rules we will lose weight this week, if we break the rules we will gain weight this week. There have been weeks when I went out for retaraunt meals twice in a week and have somehow lost four pounds and others when I stuck to all the rules and went to the gym every day and put on two pounds. So don't get caught up in the minutiae, just as long as the overall trend is going downwards you are doing fine.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far and keep up the good work.

Advertisement