Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Egg, oils, seed questions

• 06-09-2010 4:31pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

I've added a few new items to my diet and am hoping I can get some feedback about them, their pros and cons, how people here found them, anything like that. I've done googling on each of them but hoping to see what the experts here think too.

1) Duck eggs - I alternate each day between chicken and duck eggs. Are duck eggs as healthy ?

2) Eskimo-3 fish oil with vitamin E. I heard this was an improvement on regular fish oil supplements. Haven't seen it in any health shops in dublin, just in a pharmacy. Is it better than the usual fish oil supplements you find

3) Alfalfa seeds, poppy seeds, golden linseeds. What is the difference between brown and golden linseeds ? Alfalfa and poppy seeds don't need to be prepared in any way, you can just chuck them in your mouth or mix them with yoghurt right ? Are these as healthy as other seeds ?

4) Aloe Vera drinks. All I can find are either the concentrate ones that you mix with water, or the one that is like a normal drink, which is better ? The labels have writing saying they are good for stomach aches and things like that ( cant remember exactly ), I don't want something that has laxative like qualities or anything like that.

Are they worth drinking each day ? I like to have a vitacoco coconut water each day, would it be suitable to be doing this with an aloe vera drink ?

5) Krill oil - worth getting, or would my eskimo fish oil be enough ?

6) A slightly different question, does anybody know where I can find Hampstead tea in dublin, besides fallon and byrne in town ? Am looking specifically for white and green tea in leaf form, not satchels.

Thanks for any replies !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

I'll answer what I know.

ASJ112 wrote: »
    1) Duck eggs - I alternate each day between chicken and duck eggs. Are duck eggs as healthy ?
    At least I would have thought, since they're usually free range and possibly fed better.
    2) Eskimo-3 fish oil with vitamin E. I heard this was an improvement on regular fish oil supplements. Haven't seen it in any health shops in dublin, just in a pharmacy. Is it better than the usual fish oil supplements you find
    Once it's a decent grade fishoil it's fine. Worry more about volume (and hence price). It's not a drug it's a food, you should take it in appreciable amounts. I myself take 6 of these per day. I also have my mother and a few friends on them.
    3) Alfalfa seeds, poppy seeds, golden linseeds. What is the difference between brown and golden linseeds ?
    Nutritionally? Very little.
    4) Aloe Vera drinks. All I can find are either the concentrate ones that you mix with water, or the one that is like a normal drink, which is better ? The labels have writing saying they are good for stomach aches and things like that ( cant remember exactly ), I don't want something that has laxative like qualities or anything like that.
    I know very little about aloe-vera drinks I'll be honest. Seems a little pointless unless you have gut issues and have actually found this helps.
    5) Krill oil - worth getting, or would my eskimo fish oil be enough ?
    Fish oil is fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmehhh

Nice,

if you research it deeply, Fish Oil is much more effective than krill oil. While doing a google search may say Krill oil may have benefits over the fish oil, if you research more you will find that krill oil is worse than fish oil.

yeah, the Eskimo 3 is very nice, on their site it says their potency is 37%...

I think the MOREPA Omega you can get is 80%-100% (depending on the version you buy)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I use Seven Seas cod liver oil tabs. Is it safe to take 6 in a day? I take one at the moment, and eat cashew nuts as my source of good fats.

Advertisement