Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick and easy healthy breakfasts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

While that states that West Country Farmhouse Cheddar is protected, I can make a cheese in Cork and call it Cheddar. I can't make a cheese in Cork and call it Parmasen. I wonder why Cheddar let their name be so freely used?

I'd say a suspicion of the EU held english people back on protecting the name.
    Then you have the stilton issue, where traditional stilton cheese weremade with raw milk, but the pgi stilton is made with pasteurised milk, and "real" stilton now has to be called Stichilton or something else.

Back on topic
    Cous cous or bulghar can be made up before you go to bed, using your dried grape of choice, and nuts or seeds, for a more breakfasty taste, than is usual.

Polenta, a porridge substitute
    can be fried or reheated. works best if cut into pieces about the size of a funsize chocolate bar.

Tortilla, eggs spuds and onions, cooked the night before, cold from the fridge.

Advertisement