Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Free Agency 2015 Thread

Comments

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well last year isnt a good season to judge him as he had no o line unlike the year previous where he was briliant.

ya but there year before he had arguably the best line in the nfl a top rb shouldn't need a line that good
    Raf32 wrote: »

that hurts a lot to hear cole is a true eagles legend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

2 ACL injuries in five years though.

Similar to Maclin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Of course there's the question mark about Alonso's injury but he looked a monster when he played in his rookie season. I was going to say that I'd be very happy if I was an Eagles fan about that trade but didn't realise Shady is only 26. Thought he was another couple years older than that for some reason.

Still think the Eagles are getting a decent deal given the cap space that they free up and the fact that there are a ton of RB's in the draft they can go after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

it has worked out favourably cap wise for the eagles there about 50 mill under now and could be 57 if they (likely with kiko on board) cut demeco . could mean that there going all in in free agency or could be there freeing cap to resign the likes of cox/kendricks/foles

Foles could be the next one traded. Jets anyone? Next stop on the Chip Kelly rollercoaster is a big trade to get Mariota.

irish_man wrote: »
    Foles could be the next one traded. Jets anyone? Next stop on the Chip Kelly rollercoaster is a big trade to get Mariota.

I'm one of the people that dont want that because of the haul we would have to give up but again if chip feels he needs him you gota give him his guy

either way cox/kendricks are likely going to get relatively big contracts both are after developing into beasts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That's around $30 million in cap space cleared by the Eagles in cutting Cole, Williams and trading McCoy. Have to imagine they're making a big splash in FA now.

If Demeco Ryans is cut like many are expecting, they'll enter FA with $55m in cap space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I would hope we'll make some big signings in FA, trading McCoy is a massive risk to take by Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

As a neutral this is a huge trade!! And as a neutral i can see the benefits for each team - so it might be risky for eagles but there is plenty of upside on both parts

Bills - dont forget the alonso was injured for all last year and Bills defense was solid!! not amazing but solid - and you have to think that rex will only make it better!! Also McCoy walks straight into the team and makes it better - its an instant upgrade on C.J. Spiller - and will become a face of the franchise with Sammy Watkins! They had 30 mil approx number of cap space and with alonso getting approx 1.5 mill and mccoy getting around 11mill it still leave them with 20mill cap space - and they have an offense now that will score - provided they address QB this year imo

Eagles - freed up a load of cap space with this trade - and with whats been said up above anything up to 55 mill in space!! Crazy to think a team like the eagles could have that much! Alonso will add to kendericks as ilb - which will be daunting for any run team coming into philly - provided alonso is gonna be fit and stay fit! Also with 55 mill eagles should be gunning for Murray now at RB - 7-8mill a year should nab him!! The i can see chip make the draft huge this year by gunning for mariota - the problem i see with this is what if titans take him at 2 - i cant see eagles being able to offer enough to move up to 2! But because mccoy is gone dont be suprised if Foles gets put on any trade for the pick that takes Mariota to the Philly Ducks :D

All in all - its an awesome trade - and think if rex gets himself a qb - bills could be interesting to watch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

McCoy to Bills. Was not expecting that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

All in all - its an awesome trade - and think if rex gets himself a qb - bills could be interesting to watch!!

who needs a QB when you're going hand the ball off to Shady a 1000 times a game!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

An assumption was the Titans would trade with the eagles, Titans need a good RB and have cap room guess not.

Expect a big FA play by the Eagles now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bills will certainly be a big factor in the AFC East next season the way things are shaping

An assumption was the Titans would trade with the eagles, Titans need a good RB and have cap room guess not.

Then you could be looking at mariota falling to jets - in which case they might take foles and a pick!! Mariota is suited to eagles style - obviously its well documented that the worked under chip at oregan - and they didnt change the play book all that much when he left! He knows mariota can do the job for him - just depends on whether jets would rather foles or mariota to trade!!
    Expect a big FA play by the Eagles now

Who could they take? re-sign maclin anyways - demarco?? cobb?? hardly cj spiller to replace mccoy!

kryogen wrote: »
    Bills will certainly be a big factor in the AFC East next season the way things are shaping

They need to sort out their O-Line first, especially if they're going to focus on running the ball.the line was an absolute shambles last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

irish_man wrote: »

And with any luck, they'll do a deal with Oakland!!! :cool:

And with any luck, they'll do a deal with Oakland!!! :cool:

with Carr at QB the Raiders will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

phatkev wrote: »
    with Carr at QB the Raiders will be ok
    Ah, it was more for the draft picks that the Eagles will offer Oakland to trade up to get Mariota, Phatkev, If Winston goes No.1, that scenario could happen. Oakland needs multiple draft picks and the Eagles could provide it.

Ah, it was more for the draft picks that the Eagles will offer Oakland to trade up to get Mariota, Phatkev, If Winston goes No.1, that scenario could happen. Oakland needs multiple draft picks and the Eagles could provide it.

I'm hoping Mariota falls to the Jets for the same reason, according to the media Chip Kelly will be willing to give an arm and a leg to get is QB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Foles is better than Mariota imo, no way should the Eagles mortgage too much for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Foles is better than Mariota imo, no way should the Eagles mortgage too much for him.

Yeah I'm surprised about all this talk of dumping foles AND draft picks, foles is pretty good, anyone who gets him and picks in a trade would be doing very well.

• Advertisement

The shouldnt.... but doesnt mean they wont!!

i question weather the media is linking him because he played at oregon (and that has been a help with chip we now have 9 ex oregon players on the roster and plenty more pac 12 players) but would chip have so openly fawned about mariota had he wanted him that bad?

i want to keep foles personally he's the best pocket passer we've had in years and additionally we've probably had the best spread of running qbs of any franchise and it has not worked for us i doubt mariota will be better than randall cunningham or donny mcnabb. it would be nice to stick with a potentially very good pocket passer for a change if foles works on primarily his footwork that will fix most of the issues he had last year.

if we do have to give up on foles i sure as **** dont want to give up a future first unless the guy where getting is as close to a guaranteed stud as you can get.

but as i said before chip knows what he needs and has shown little to disappoint us so far so we have to trust him

have we any bills fans on here i would be curious as to there take on the trade

The bills are being super aggressive. Like the direction they are going.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seriously, they better have traded a bag of Cheetos and a pack of jolly ranchers for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

All very well trading picks but the Bills don't even have a 1st rounder.

They are not the Niners who traded for Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Gabbert and other players as they had 10 plus picks each year

Chris Myers, centre for the Texans getting released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Chris Myers, centre for the Texans getting released.

Former Bronco and well versed in ZBS so I wouldn't be surprised if he got a call from Elway.

phatkev wrote: »

Who at the Bills was stupid enough to give up a draft pick?

It appears the Manning saga is coming to an end - word filtering through that Manning and the Broncos are completing a deal that will see Manning take a pay cut of $4million.

UPDATE

More details emerging - a $4 million pay cut and a restructure of Manning's contract with the end result of freeing up $10million in cap space.

SECOND UPDATE

Details released - the restructure is a straight up pay cut of $4million. It appears Elway was not willing to defer some payments to create extra cap space - he didn't want dead cap money next year when Manning was gone. Word is also coming out that Manning was 'irked' when told he needed to take a pay cut.

AFC East is gonna be actually interesting next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    AFC East is gonna be actually interesting next year!

The Dolphins currently have about $11 million in cap space so it will be interesting to see how they are going to free up the room for Suh.

Cortland Finnegan and Mike Wallace would be the two most likely high profile guys to go to create room you'd imagine.

Finnegan is going into the 2nd year of his 2 year deal and cutting him will save over $5 million while cutting Wallace will save $6.5 million this year and his total contract for the next 2 years.

• Advertisement

have dolphins got enough cap space for suh?? i know hartline is gone but still i think there only like 10mill off the cap - and suh is gonna command a figure of about 15-25mil a year against the cap!

Is that including the extra 10m allocated for Cap this year? Or was that increase never confirmed?

Knex. wrote: »
    Is that including the extra 10m allocated for Cap this year? Or was that increase never confirmed?

Yes & Yes

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Finnegan is going into the 2nd year of his 2 year deal and cutting him will save over $5 million while cutting Wallace will save $6.5 million this year and his total contract for the next 2 years.

Finnegan was cut a few days ago, right?

it was announced at 143.28 mill - dolphins were fairly close to the cap coming into off season - with the few releases already - hartline etc - there is about 10-11 mill free!
    Thats why the suh deal seems very strange to me!

• Advertisement

finnegan is already cut

Cheers fellas.

I usually don't pay attention until after FA, and I start looking at teams before the Draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Vince Wilfork has said Patriots will not pick up his option for next year and he will be released

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Darnell Dockett to the 49ers. 2 years/ $7.5m

Not sure what to think about this, hope it doesn't mean Justin Smith is retiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

adrian522 wrote: »
    Darnell Dockett to the 49ers. 2 years/ $7.5m

Not sure what to think about this, hope it doesn't mean Justin Smith is retiring.

I thought it was pretty much a given that Smith is going to retire? Maybe I've just read the wrong articles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He had a meeting with Tomsula Wednesday to discuss his future. Thursday they sign Dockett.

I don't think it's certain that he will retire, he may leave it until the summer to make a decision (and thus avoid having to go through OTA and off season workouts!)

Like the niners moves so far.

Like the niners moves so far.

49ers have signed Jerome Simpson to a 2 year deal, no word on salary.

Insert your own "winning with class" home here.

Broncos sign long-snapper Aaron Brewer to a four year $4million deal.

Seriously, they better have traded a bag of Cheetos and a pack of jolly ranchers for him

The Vikings are getting the Bills 2015 5th rounder and their 2016 7th rounder.

The Bills are getting Cassell and the Vikings 2015 6th rounder.

Probably a fair deal all round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement