Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matcha tea

Options
  • 06-06-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone any opinions on this? Seen three different types by the same brand, 19.99 up to 27 euro. I was in a special tea shop on Wicklow street and their top end was 43euro for a 40g tub!!!

Does it do as it says on the tin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

It's just concentrated green tea powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I bought it a few weeks ago and am still trying to get used to the taste. I paid €25 but haven't yet noticed any of the benefits I've read about...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

'Matcha' means 'powdered tea', so if you say 'matcha tea', you're saying 'powdered tea tea'!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

powdered titty? what's the point of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

powdered titty? what's the point of that

Add water , put it in the fridge . Sets like a firm jelly . Genius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Probably wrong thread but I will put it here and see.
    I decided to try out different teas so went into aldi/lidl got a 40 box of each of the tea bags below.I wont use them so if any one wants them they can collect them in artane.
    All Knightsbridge
    Green Tea
    Very Berry
    RedBush
    Lemon and ginger.
    One tea bag from each used:D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RosieP

mad m wrote: »
    Anyone any opinions on this? Seen three different types by the same brand, 19.99 up to 27 euro. I was in a special tea shop on Wicklow street and their top end was 43euro for a 40g tub!!!

Does it do as it says on the tin!

I buy the Koyu brand matcha from their website. You can also buy it in some health shops. It comes in 3 grades, ranging from €18 to €28 for a 30g tin. You only need a very small amount for each cuppa so it does last quite a while. I like a cup first thing in the morning to wake me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

RosieP wrote: »
    I buy the Koyu brand matcha from their website. You can also buy it in some health shops. It comes in 3 grades, ranging from €18 to €28 for a 30g tin. You only need a very small amount for each cuppa so it does last quite a while. I like a cup first thing in the morning to wake me up.

Thanks for that, waiting for a decent answer. Overall though how are you finding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Is Maccha the same thing as Matcha ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement