Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Is the final all ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Carrickman wrote: »
    Is the final all ticket?
    I'm pretty sure I heard an ad on the radio last night giving prices for the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

smashey wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I heard an ad on the radio last night giving prices for the gate.

€15 for standing, €25 for seated-some children (under 7?) go free. Steep enough IMHO.

I'm looking forward to it!

From facebook:
    Cadbury GAA Football U21 All-Ireland Championship
    No it is not an all ticket affair, cash will be accepted at the turnstiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

From facebook:

You can buy ticket via ticketmaster at the moment though. But I am sure it would be safe enought to just pay at the gate and save yourself the booking free ticketmaster charges

• Advertisement

Check out the Kevin Cassidy video interview on the Gaelic Life Website, quite funny

www.gaeliclife.com

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

Good Luck Jim, young Leo and all the boys.

At the game here great Donegal crowd up here. 1.4 to 0.6 at half time for Donegal. Up Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sadly, sadly another year I'm :( afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I'm traumatized by that damn crossbar!

Shame. :P

• Advertisement

Gutted :-( still well done lads for making the final

Very disappointing. The game was there to be won, but not enough scores were taken. A lot of the team are quite young and I heard that a few of them had flu this week. It's not often we get to All-Ireland finals are any grade and I guess that showed on Saturday. Well done to the lads on making it this far and I hope they go one better next year.

4 of the U-21 team (along with Murphy and McLoone) have been called into the senior squad.

http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/donegalsport/Four-U21s-get-the-call.6274605.jp

Christy Toye played against Mayo last night and scored 3 points. Martin McElhinney also returned to the side after a long time out.

Eamonn McGee is also back....

Wins for Kilcar, Ardara and Dungloe in the Championship this evening, the Kilcar beating Glenties in Glenties being the shock result (Glenties missed two penalty's!)

Wins for Kilcar, Ardara and Dungloe in the Championship this evening, the Kilcar beating Glenties in Glenties being the shock result (Glenties missed two penalty's!)

A bit of a shock alright, but I presume this is 2 legs? Looks like N. Conaill were at home though? Who was hitting the penalties?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    A bit of a shock alright, but I presume this is 2 legs? Looks like N. Conaill were at home though? Who was hitting the penalties?

Brendan McDyre and Dara Gallagher missed the penalty's, report from today's Democrat HERE: http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/donegalsport/Ashley-Carr-on-top-form.6286110.jp

Wrong thread-no relevance to Donegal!

Wrong thread-no relevance to Donegal!
    Hee Hee suppose your right!! But you never know the U21's might shake things up a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Brendan McDyre and Dara Gallagher missed the penalty's, report from today's Democrat HERE: http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/donegalsport/Ashley-Carr-on-top-form.6286110.jp

Does this match go on aggregate score? Do N Conaill need to win the second leg by 8 points to get through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Glenman wrote: »
    Does this match go on aggregate score? Do N Conaill need to win the second leg by 8 points to get through?
    itll be a 3rd leg will it not? they just need any win, to bring the tie to a 3rd match

No aggregate scores. Play-off leg if required.

No aggregate scores. Play-off leg if required.
    I always considered that a very stoooopid rule

muffler wrote: »
    I always considered that a very stoooopid rule

Yeah, it tends to drag things out, doesn't it? Not sure of the reasoning-I guess aggregate scores would be too much of a 'foreign sport' concept!

Vote Michael Murphy for the under 21 player of the year!!
    http://www.cadburygaau21.com/vote/#

Just done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Vote Michael Murphy for the under 21 player of the year!!
    http://www.cadburygaau21.com/vote/#

He was poor enough in the final but I presume he had a good championship up till then, I didn't see any other game.
    When are the second legs of the first round of the county senior championships on?

I heard the second legs were on 6 weeks from the first game (heard that in Glenties after the match).

In the meantime, we have the 'Secondary League'

Has this been tried in any other county before?

• Advertisement

Durcan
    McGlynn
    N McGee
    Lacey
    Maguire
    Cassidy
    Dunnion
    Gallagher
    Monaghan (yes, Monaghan)
    Kavanagh