Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of LGBT bars/clubs/nights in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

BethG wrote: »
    Add TH and Gemini to the list. Both are secure and discrete venues for the cross dresser/transvestite/admirer. TH is Friday and Saturdays and soon to be Wednesday's as well while Gemini is by appointment for dressing, every Friday for TV's only and some Saturdays. Neither a pub as such but they are options for nights out that may interest some.
    Daith wrote: »
    Sunday Social is 4 Dame Lane.
    FAG doesn't exist anymore and there's a new one called sweat...

Dammit, you guys - I thought we had them all!

I struggled to get definite info about TH and Gemini; are you confident that the days you gave are entirely accurate? Also, can you give their addresses?

I'll change the Sunday Social's venue. Apparently FAG is back. Can you give some info about Sweat, cause I couldn't find any.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Add TH and Gemini to the list. Both are secure and discrete venues for the cross dresser/transvestite/admirer. TH is Friday and Saturdays and soon to be Wednesday's as well while Gemini is by appointment for dressing, every Friday for TV's only and some Saturdays. Neither a pub as such but they are options for nights out that may interest some.

I thought TH was gone?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BethG

qweerty wrote: »
    Dammit, you guys - I thought we had them all!

I struggled to get definite info about TH and Gemini; are you confident that the days you gave are entirely accurate? Also, can you give their addresses?

Thanks

The information is 100% accurate, yes. I can't post up links for information on either as I don't have enough posts but TH and Gemini are both on Facebook so you can look them on there or PM me for information. TH briefly closed 2 months ago but it has reopened :)

Gemini is located close to O'Connell Street while TH is on Harcourt Street. Both venues prefer not to give out their exact address in public; again you can PM me for more details if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

I was in crush last Tuesday and it was full of steamers. Think there I new gay bar opening on baggot street.

The information is 100% accurate, yes. I can't post up links for information on either as I don't have enough posts but TH and Gemini are both on Facebook so you can look them on there or PM me for information. TH briefly closed 2 months ago but it has reopened :)

Gemini is located close to O'Connell Street while TH is on Harcourt Street. Both venues prefer not to give out their exact address in public; again you can PM me for more details if you like.

I still had trouble getting info on both the above, so I'll add them without having corroborated!

I was in crush last Tuesday and it was full of steamers. Think there I new gay bar opening on baggot street.

What's a steamer?! Google didn't return anything definitive.

Where did you hear about the place on Baggot Street?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

What's a steamer?!

It's a gay slur, haven't heard it used in a long time. It's on par with 'bender' or 'fairy'. I'm not aware of it being used in any other context apart from insulting so looks like nilsonmickey is trolling.

Guess it's just one of those weeks on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

Steamer is another word for gay or fag. I read about it the new place on here I think. Let me check for a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

nilsonmickey - Steamer and fag are derogatory terms which are not acceptable on this forum, please acquaint yourself with the forum charter before posting again.

Steamer is another word for gay or fag. I read about it the new place on here I think. Let me check for a link.

Oh. Oh right. Well I mess around with fellow-"steamers" by calling them names traditionally considered pejoratives, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

Link for place on Baggot St would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Crush isn't even on Tuesdays dunno what yer mans at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Update

The George
    The Dragon
    Front Lounge, Parliament Street
    Panti Bar, Capel Street

C.U.N.T – The Lost Society, South William Street (Tuesday)
    WAR – Andrew's Lane Theatre (Friday)
    Sweat – The Hub, Eustace Street (Friday)
    Mother – Copper Alley @ Arlington Hotel (Saturday)
    Sunday Social – 4 Dame Lane (Sunday!)

Crush ("girlclub") – Lafayette, Westmorland Street (third Friday of every month)
    GEAR (clothing fetish) – Fibbers, Parnell Street (third Saturday of every month)
    Bukkake – 4 Dame Lane (every Bank Holiday Sunday)

Just updated FAG changed to Sweat - Sweat details here (http://lecool.com/dublin/en/58828)

This list is in need of an update:
    The four permanent bars/clubs:

The George
    The Dragon
    Panti Bar, Capel Street

C.U.N.T – The Lost Society, South William Street (Tuesday)
    WAR – Andrew's Lane Theatre (Friday)
    FAG – The Hub, Eustace Street (Friday)
    TH (a crossdressing night) - Harcourt Street (previous poster suggested there was sensitivity with regard to its exact location, but a specific address can be seen on this page) (Fridays and Saturdays, and soon to be Wednesdays)

Crush ("girlclub") – Lafayette, Westmorland Street (third Friday of every month)
    GEAR (clothing fetish) – Fibbers, Parnell Street (third Saturday of every month)
    Gemini (angry- crossdressing) - "close to O'Connell Street" (!) (check FB page for dates)

The four permanent bars/clubs:

The George
    Panti Bar, Capel Street

C.U.N.T – Opium Rooms, Wexford Street (Tuesday)
    PrHomo – 4 Dame Lane (Thursday)
    Sweatbox – The Hub, Eustace Street (Friday)
    TH (a crossdressing night) - Harcourt Street (previous poster suggested there was sensitivity with regard to its exact location, but a specific address can be seen on this page) (Fridays and Saturdays, and soon to be Wednesdays)

Gemini (angry- crossdressing) - "close to O'Connell Street" (!) (check FB page for dates)

Any chance anyone could help add to it? When I first started gay clubbing, I found the fragmented and transient nature of gay club nights to be intimidating. Hence this attempt to compile a complete a list as possible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smncnnr

There's also Dragged Up at Break for the Border on Friday monthly, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Meat Street and Profile have nights, but they keep changing the dates and location. Check out their facebook pages for updates.

This thread is my occasional pet project! If it can benefit one person, etc, etc! My rationale, which I gave earlier, and which is based on personal experience, is that the spread and opacity of the gay scene can be intimidating, and a list of the various nights hopefully minimises some of that.

The newest night I'm aware of is Thirst in The Hub, which is close to the IFI/Meeting House Square and Button Factory in Temple Bar, and across the road (Dame Street) from the George. It means there is now a gay night on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in The Hub.

Article

Thursday - ProHomo is a club night aimed at students. It has had several venues and has, for now, settled in The Hub.

Friday - Sweatbox

Saturday - Thirst

Haven't been to any, so would appreciate someone's experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I've gone to Sweatbox a good few times. If you're old enough to remember HAM at the POD, then you'll love this place. It plays deep house music. The turnouts can be hit and miss, packed some weeks and not so much other Fridays.

There is also a new venue DADDI on at Turks Head on last Saturday's of each month - this could be subject to change so check FB. It plays good house music also and attracts a mixed to older crowd. Dress code is very flexible so lots of topless hotties and some guys dressed in gear (leather etc). I've only been once but it was packed and a lot of fun!

I should also say that both nights are overwhelmingly male dominated.

Thanks a lot. I'll have to try out Sweat. Shame that, despite the expansion in number of gay nights, there doesn't seem to have been a replacement for Crush yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks a lot. I'll have to try out Sweat. Shame that, despite the expansion in number of gay nights, there doesn't seem to have been a replacement for Crush yet.

There's a Lesbian night called Spinster once a month. Basically Crush's replacement

Oh, yeah, forgot about that place.

Spinster Facebook

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

ongarboy wrote: »
    I've gone to Sweatbox a good few times. If you're old enough to remember HAM at the POD, then you'll love this place. It plays deep house music. The turnouts can be hit and miss, packed some weeks and not so much other Fridays.

There is also a new venue DADDI on at Turks Head on last Saturday's of each month - this could be subject to change so check FB. It plays good house music also and attracts a mixed to older crowd. Dress code is very flexible so lots of topless hotties and some guys dressed in gear (leather etc). I've only been once but it was packed and a lot of fun!

I should also say that both nights are overwhelmingly male dominated.

I went to DADDI once (late last year) and on paper it sounded like the type of night I would enjoy but I really hated it. Cant quiet put my finger on why but it felt very cliquey which is not something I would normally say about a place. I will have to try out Sweatbox. Have heard good things about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement