Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena (Injured) to miss Mania

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

A HHH injury in the Rumble and we could be looking at Vince v Reigns at Mania. That sells subscriptions!

Any chance of Batista returning? (hope not)

Time to push KO who has more top level longevity in him than Cesaro.

Only thing about that is that I don't think the demon persona should ever appear with a stable, makes more sense in that scenario to use his current RRnR-esque appearance with the jacket.

Call him Prince Devitt while they're at it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Time to push KO who has more top level longevity in him than Cesaro.

radical Idea WWE should try and get their head around... push more than one new guy at a time!

With Cena now missing for mania it's the time

Finn Balor vs The Undertaker
    Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns vs HHH

Lesnar vs Owens to be the world title match and either could win the rumble, ideally for me Owens as it'd make him a star and it'd be easier to see him main event mania if he had just won the rumble while Lesnar wouldn't need it to be a credible challenger (he could be the last eliminated then destroy someone at Fastlane to be made no.1 contender)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,897 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Outside of Reigns who is the biggest full-time babyface right now that's not injured?

I'm struggling to think of one.

radical Idea WWE should try and get their head around... push more than one new guy at a time!

With Cena now missing for mania it's the time

Finn Balor vs The Undertaker
    Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns vs HHH

Lesnar vs Owens to be the world title match and either could win the rumble, ideally for me Owens as it'd make him a star and it'd be easier to see him main event mania if he had just won the rumble while Lesnar wouldn't need it to be a credible challenger (he could be the last eliminated then destroy someone at Fastlane to be made no.1 contender)

Oh agreed. Have said so many times they need to push all new guys to see what they're worth. I just meant push Owens ahead of Cesaro if, like usual it's a choice. Cesaro is around a long time and it's pretty clear Vince is not his biggest fan.

Cesaro just doesn't cut it on the mic like Owens. Best heel they've had in ages.

Cesaro's time may have passed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Oh agreed. Have said so many times they need to push all new guys to see what they're worth. I just meant push Owens ahead of Cesaro if, like usual it's a choice. Cesaro is around a long time and it's pretty clear Vince is not his biggest fan.

Cesaro just doesn't cut it on the mic like Owens. Best heel they've had in ages.

wasn't disagreeing with you at all moreso using your post as a jumping off point I guess though I think to use a term you hear a lot they are leaving money on the table a lot with Cesaro while Owens will make it anyway. You can already see they trust him, they called him up fast, allowed him powebomb a celeb off a stage through a table, they will give him mic time and he will get his shot.

Cesaro on the other hand people fear will not get his shot despite the crowd letting those in charge know they think he deserves it. Thats why you get so much push Cesaro talk instead of push Owens or whomever else. Owens will make it while we all hope they will let Cesaro make it.

Misunderstood boss!

If Owens is guaranteed his time I'd be all for giving other guys a chance beforehand. I'm not sure I share your confidence in VKM but I hope you are right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Outside of Reigns who is the biggest full-time babyface right now that's not injured?

Jesus that's a good one. Would it be ambrose ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Probably Ambrose alright but I could see them turning Sheamus face again before giving Ambrose a number 1 babyface push.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As IC Champion, and Reign's sidekick, yeah, would list him as #2 easily enough. Its after that when things get more difficult.

In terms of reactions, you'd have to say maybe Sasha (whose a heel), New Day (who are heels)....

In terms of who are booked as faces, you'd have the Usos, Neville, Ziggler, Lucha Dragons and Dudleyz....absolutely none of whom would be in a position to move into the IC Division at the moment, let alone be a top baby face...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Here's a radical thought: have Balor win the match.

Have HHH be at ringside for the final stages of the rumble match. Reigns eliminates all his rivals right before the final entrant is revealed. Reigns looks at Hunter and is defiant but HHH smiles. Then the lights go out. They com back on and you have some guys standing there in Shield-style dress and they are wearing masks. They put a beating on Reigns as HHH looks on from outside. Then they undo their masks and lo and behold it's his old mates from Japan. They pull off the black Shield vest and reveal Balor club shirts as the smart fans are going apesh*t. Then HHH gets a mic and announces the final entrant to the Rumble as they all point to the ramp - and the demon appears.

Balor comes down, hits the coup de grace, tosses Reigns over the ropes and celebrates with his stable as the new champion. You accomplish a couple of things with this:

- you have created a new main event star

- you have launched the new heel faction Balor Club at last

- you create a sensation that will likely lead to a spike in the ratings

- you set up a potential match involving HHH vs Reigns at Mania while leaving Balor to take on perhaps Undertaker or maybe even Lesnar at Mania for the title.

- you also get over NXT in a huge way because now the top guy in that brand is also the top guy in the top brand giving NXT a level of unprecedented credibility.

As I said above, it's radical; and no I don't believe this is what's going to happen. But would it be a bad move for the creative direction of the company? I don't think so.

Edit: Nody got there before me. :)

That sounds like a great idea but way to good for wwe to pull the trigger on that plan ha.

Which members of the Bullet Club would debut? Would you have AJ with them playing second fiddle to Balor or leave him debut later down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That sounds like a great idea but way to good for wwe to pull the trigger on that plan ha.

Which members of the Bullet Club would debut? Would you have AJ with them playing second fiddle to Balor or leave him debut later down the line

I'd keep Styles away from him for the time being. I think a match between Styles and Balor down the line makes sense. Before that though I'd let the Balor Club get established. Initially I think it's best to start off with a trio so I'd have it as Balor, Gallows and Anderson and then add in others in later months if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This conversation reminds me so much of the "Bryan is winning the Rumble" talk a few years ago. Prepare to be let down when Reigns continues to dominate and beat everyone, including Balor and anyone else named.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ohhhh so it happened on his time off ? Oh dear. I'd pay cash money to see Vince and trips reaction to this news.

What did Nikki do :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

All in on Reigns has to continue now. The back up is gone.

Overall they need a Shield type injection of new, protected stars. Bullet/Balor club would be good but only one star would have a chance, the group would struggle as WWE wouldn't protect Anderson or Doc like they did with all the Shield guys.

Finn would need a group with people WWE are invested in, Jordan and Gable would be a better for a strong Balor Club than his old pals.

If they didn't mess up Wyatts and Rusev, hold back on Owens, Ambrose they would be well set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Time to get Jeff Hardy back

DM_7 wrote: »
    All in on Reigns has to continue now. The back up is gone.

Overall they need a Shield type injection of new, protected stars. Bullet/Balor club would be good but only one star would have a chance, the group would struggle as WWE wouldn't protect Anderson or Doc like they did with all the Shield guys.

Finn would need a group with people WWE are invested in, Jordan and Gable would be a better for a strong Balor Club than his old pals.

If they didn't mess up Wyatts and Rusev, hold back on Owens, Ambrose they would be well set.

Unless you do Balor Club (Balor/Gable/Jordan) then the Bullet Club (AJ/Anderson/Doc) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ohhhh so it happened on his time off ? Oh dear. I'd pay cash money to see Vince reaction to this news.

Either of these

Vince-McMahon-distraught.gif

ajv5a9.gif

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Time to get Jeff Hardy back

Still out with a broken leg. Apparently he will be lucky to wrestle in 2016.

I hope they can't get anyone and have to actually put some effort into their own roster for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,304 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going by this week's smackdown it looks like they're gonna go ahead with trying to make Kalisto (out It so as Cena seemed to be calling him) the next Mysterio type underdog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He's just as good as Rey was too in his prime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Where are we on Ripple Aitch winning the Rumble?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jaykhunter wrote: »

Or even worse - The Naitch! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jaykhunter wrote: »

I think it'll happen in a panic move and try to get the big moment of Roman overcoming the odds at the end of mania

Another one bites the dust
    According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended), Sasha Banks is currently dealing with an undisclosed injury. That would explain why she mysteriously disappeared from television over the past week after consecutive victories over Becky Lynch.

Her last match was a win over Becky in Brooklyn on Dec. 28.

The main story in the Divas division right now is the break up of Lynch and her partner, Divas Champion Charlotte, and Banks was used as a top heel to build sympathy for Becky along the way. It seems clear Sasha is in the larger plans but an injury may put a damper on that.

Here's to hoping the injury, whatever it may be, isn't serious and she'll be back sooner rather than later. After all, the injured list in WWE is long enough as it is.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/1/7/10733490/report-sasha-banks-is-injured-too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably a blessing in disguise for Sasha. The crappy women's version of New Day will be disbanded and she might get a singles run when she comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah Sasha is already over in her own right and not by doing the lame comedy schtick. I've been meaning to post that she was being wasted. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad and they'll have plans for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He's just as good as Rey was too in his prime

Best opportunity they've had since Misterio. Being bi-lingual, decent-ish talker and great in the ring.

His previous names were so good and marketable. Kalisto just lacks something for me but the wrestler usually makes the name of they're good enough. Or so I'm told!

Can someone tell what this pro wrestling thing is that he speaks of?

I watch Sports Entertainment are they similar?

Orton denying he needs neck surgery.
    I see many of you think I need neck surgery. I heard weeks ago that Meltzer stated it as a fact. I don’t keep up with gossip, so I didn’t think anything of it. As far as my shoulder, I was cut on 12/8. Things are ahead of schedule and I’m pumped to get back to work. As far as my neck, and I’m only debunking this ‘fact’ for the sincerely concerned fans, I DONT need neck surgery. Remember, unless you hear about it on WWE.com, you really should take everything you read online concerning pro wrestling with a grain of salt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BATDhJGPp1d/

• Advertisement

Is there a timeframe for cena to return. Could be Rollins, cesaro and cena return all round same time just in time for summer slam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sky88 wrote: »
    Is there a timeframe for cena to return. Could be Rollins, cesaro and cena return all round same time just in time for summer slam

If that is the case, I'd like to see them return gradually. Cena first for obvious reasons, then when the return buzz around him has faded, it's time to bring Rollins back for a big angle with the authority. Cesaro can come back whenever, they won't book him well so I've become apathetic about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Can someone tell what this pro wrestling thing is that he speaks of?

I watch Sports Entertainment are they similar?

Orton denying he needs neck surgery.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BATDhJGPp1d/

It's that thing Vince's dad used to do.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Imagine Cena Rollins and Cesaro all came back together shield style it would be so random but sort of good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If he was to come back with someone, I'd prefer Cesaro to return with Kidd. Really grew to love them as a tag team.

Angron wrote: »
    If he was to come back with someone, I'd prefer Cesaro to return with Kidd. Really grew to love them as a tag team.

I dont think well be seeing kidd return this year sounds like he had an aweful injury and it could be career threatening. Heard xpac and austin discussing it and they were saying its the worse place to get sugery on your neck as it was so high up his neck were they had to go in from.

Advertisement