Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cena (Injured) to miss Mania

• 07-01-2016 3:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭

John cena is having shoulder surgery tomorrow and looks like he will miss wrestlemania. There goes taker cena then. This wrestlemania season is looking bad. They've a 100,000 stadium to fill and now it looks like cena won't be there ? Lol

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    John cena is having shoulder surgery tomorrow and looks like he will miss wrestlemania. There goes taker cena then. This wrestlemania season is looking bad. They've a 100,000 stadium to fill and now it looks like cena won't be there ? Lol

jaysus, was just reading an article on this
    It would appear Cena’s injury occurred sometime over the last several weeks, although exactly when has not been confirmed.

never getting time off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He'll be back before the Rumble, it's Supercena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

jaysus, was just reading an article on this

never getting time off again.

Ohhhh so it happened on his time off ? Oh dear. I'd pay cash money to see Vince and trips reaction to this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ohhhh so it happened on his time off ? Oh dear. I'd pay cash money to see Vince and trips reaction to this news.

This with the million dollar man Ted DiBiase laughing in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Itssoeasy wrote:

On a side note, was looking for tickets to wrestlemania earlier on out of curiosity and it appears all the tickets besides the ones that cost around $10,000 are sold out already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just seen it said that its a torn rotator cuff. Thats mania done then. Not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jeez this last 6 months has been horrible for injuries. I'm not sure what this means for mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I've just seen it said that its a torn rotator cuff. Thats mania done then. Not a hope.

Yeah that's a six month job at least. Reigns to have five matches at Mania?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's Cena, he'll tape up his shoulder and plough on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,281 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah that's a six month job at least. Reigns to have five matches at Mania?

3 hour Ironman match with an hour video package beforehand. Of course that would mean pushing someone else and they wouldn't want to do that.
    So a 4 hour gauntlet match with a 30 min break during it while Taker makes his entrance.

Seriously though, I would say about how it gives someone else a chance to step up, but sure Cena's been of and all they did with that time is push Reigns even more. Also the fact that others that could step up are injured as well like Cesaro. And as HHH said previously, bringing guys up from NXT to fill the void isn't a good idea because then he needs something for them when Cena or whoever comes back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Explains why he was back suddenly and then gone as quick.

Its a blow to Mania, but one they should have had backup plans for. It's their fault that they don't have anyone as big a name as active on the roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Explains why he was back suddenly and then gone as quick.

Its a blow to Mania, but one they should have had backup plans for. It's their fault that they don't have anyone as big a name as active on the roster.

They could always use this injury (and others) to position and push guys like Cesaro, Owens, Finn etc to be viable top level guys.

Or have the Rock fight Sting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They could always use this injury (and others) to position and push guys like Cesaro, Owens, Finn etc to be viable top level guys.

Wouldn't be shocked to see them re position Owens so as to have this match unless they already have big plans (like Brock big) for him at Mania as he is one of the few non massive stars I believe they would have a lot of faith in and be willing to push.

That said the more I think about it I would love if they used this injury as a reason to debut Finn a little earlier on the main roster. We have talked about it previously on boards how Finn and his Demon character could work very well in a feud with say Wyatt so why not Taker? He isn't really going to get too many other chances to face the deadman and if it was actually to be Undertakers last match imagine the rub that would go along with being the guy that retired him. Have taker hand pick him as the best young star in the industry as the man he wants to face in his final match.

It really is such a pity that Cesaro got injured too, you would imagine that with all the injuries recently (Orton, Bryan, Rollins, Sting, Cena) he would have been a prime candidate for a much deserved push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When is Cesaro due back?

I wonder would they take a gamble with Daniel Bryan (I hope not for his sake) or would they throw AJ and Nakamura in the mix if they can compete by Mania?

It could be a long term blessing in disguise, it may force their hand to properly push some younger talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sting is injured as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

its actually crazy the injuries over the last 6 months - but it shows the lack of decent writing over the last year or 2 that no viable main eventers are ready!

We have had 2 months without cena already and its just been all reigns - and reigns reign will continue which really doesnt excite me for the next 6 months! If I was trips and considering using Finn - i would bring him in with Bullet Club - and do invasion style - i know its been done but its proven... at least after the heat of Bullet Club dies down Finn can bring out Demon Ballor to put him over as a huge face!

Never thought id say it but Cenas loss is bad for viewers

List of Injured Stars
    John Cena
    Seth Rollins
    Cessaro
    Daniel Bryan
    Randy Orton
    Sting
    Tyson Kidd
    Sin Cara
    Konnor

5 of which would be considered Main Eventers - madness!!

Don't want to see the guy injured but I had no interest in Cena vs Taker with the streak not on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

They're doing the surprise Cena return angle again aren't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They fully deserve to be in this position with their over reliance on a select few and part timers in recent years. I'd say this will teach them a lesson but we all know normal business will be resumed as soon as possible.

As for Wrestlemania, the card doesn't matter. It sells itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will huge money to be thrown at Goldberg to come in as a big name replacement.

I think Cena trying to break his own lifting record last month I wonder did he do it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wow, this is a disaster.

Again and again their lack of long term plans, 50-50 booking is biting them in the ass.

They literally have Roman Reigns who isn't over anywhere close to the level he should and needs to be at, some part timers and a roster full of geeks for WM now.

Well ****ing done you idiots. Reap what you sow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw this on Twitter last night and assumed it had to be a wind-up. Has there ever been a time when so many important guys were injured or unavailable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Every champion that came out of WrestleMania 31 is injured

1382327_992177857487330_3397418578753510200_n.jpg?oh=90c6a0a3984c4d72244d1e19d809af27&oe=56FD913C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I wonder will huge money to be thrown at Goldberg to come in as a big name replacement.

I think Cena trying to break his own lifting record last month I wonder did he do it then.

Goldberg, while may be a draw, he hasnt wrestled in 12 years properly to my knowledge and I cant imagine him being in great in-ring shape.

Id be against him in a prominent position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Goldberg, while may be a draw, he hasnt wrestled in 12 years properly to my knowledge and I cant imagine him being in great in-ring shape.

Let's be honest when was the last time Vince cared about what happened inside the ring:mad:

WM is all about name value not about ring talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,281 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They knew this was coming and that's why they started Slater's push on Monday. It has to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Rock / Taker Mania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I dont care what he's injured i still expect Cena to be the 30th entrant in the Rumble and go on to be King at WM

#Nevergiveup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

beakerjoe wrote: »

I would imagine he wouldn't need long to get in shape to do a spear, jackhammer, and pin, to be fair, thats all the crowd want from him

Edit: Ring shape that is, he still looks in good shape physically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I believe Goldberg wrestled as recently as a few months ago for some charity gig or something along those lines.

Advertisement