Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Royal Rumble Surprise Returns * dont read if you want to be totally surprised*

Options
  • 01-01-2016 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Who do you think could be in line to make a surprise return during the Rumble match?

There are quite a few former guys that I could see coming back this year on a full-time contract honestly. The likes of MVP, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, Rob Van Dam, or Shelton Bennjamin would add a lot to a roster which has been severely depleted by injuries and could result in some great matches imo. Morrison could even potentially move to the main event scene later in the year.

As for one-off appearances, I think Jake 'The Snake' Roberts would be a great choice, and honestly, it's probably one of the last chances WWE will have to use him in the Rumble. I know he wanted to be in the Rumble last year, and it would be a nice moment.

Note: While I could definitely see Jeff Hardy returning to WWE in the future, it's unlikely that he will return at the Rumble as he is currently recovering from knee surgery and likely won't be fit again until late 2016.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Jake, really? He must be very old now? Morrison is a good call I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dazzmondo

Rock77 wrote: »
    Jake, really? He must be very old now? Morrison is a good call I think.

I think he's 60. Yeah, Morrison would be top of my list. I'd love to see the matches he could have with the likes of Rollins, Owens, and Cesaro.

Morrison vs Rollins would be excellent.

Surely they have a couple of big returns set up for the Rumble with all the injuries.
    Y2J?

Goldberg wrestled last June........

Rock77 wrote: »
    Goldberg wrestled last June........

That would be interesting. Goldberg is probably too old for an extended run now but a one time appearance would be pretty awesome. The crowd would pop huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd say it's now a staple to have one HOF tier legend crop up along with a mid carder of old.

Like some guys from Morrison's generation I think could definitely make an appearance- Carlito, Masters. Could MNM be too far fetched?

With Trips where he is, always a chance one of the Kliq could show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kurt angle the roof would lift off the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Like I said in the other thread I would like to see Steve Blackman make an appearance in Rumble.

Maybe Spike Dudley will appear if Dudley Boys aren't booked for another match.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I genuinely think WWE are throwing curveballs at us and we are gonna see Bryan in the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Daniel Bryan would be amazing to see back. But him and Royal Rumbles are often a bit awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Angle would be amazing, the second that music hit the place would go nuts. Or.."STAND BACK, THERES A HURRICANE COMING THROUGH"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angle would be amazing, the second that music hit the place would go nuts. Or.."STAND BACK, THERES A HURRICANE COMING THROUGH"

would love that (Angle too) not the biggest star but cos of that intro I bet his pop would be massive.

If they wanted an older star I'm sure Vader would be up for it and would get a great reaction. He still has the occasional match on the indie circuit.

He should have been the champion when he came in. Shawn Michaels ruined his push definitely. I think the Royal Rumble would have been a better place to bring back Rhyno actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Surprise entrant(s) no 1 :

enzo-big-cass-surprise.png?w=650

Surprise entrant no 2 :

d4946fc045e3ac1b3c4c00488dc8262b.jpg

Surprise entrant no 3 :

523af2aad0941d7deadb6d2c863e3398.jpg

Not asking much really :pac:

Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady could very well be candidates for the Royal Rumble but it would be hard to see the two of them taking up spots in the match. I think it would be cool though. Jay Lethal would be a mark out moment for me but only if he appeared with the Ring Of Honor Championship and he had that little guy who comes out with him accompanying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We're not going to see Nakamura or Lethal or someone new who hasn't been NXT'ed (changed name etc)

Similar we're not going to see someone huge comeback like Goldberg or Rock or someone like that

They'll probably bring someone like Santino or Carlito back and have Big show do them in :/ ever the optimist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ah I know we aint getting a massive debut, Im just having a bit of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know I've just been built up so many times only to be left down by WWE :( they always play it safe and any big returns are usually announced well ahead of time unfortunately

Wasn't Batista's return legit meant to be a surprise and a venue in Nevada started advertising him ahead of time when they were told not to? They probably did that intentionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Wasn't Batista's return legit meant to be a surprise and a venue in Nevada started advertising him ahead of time when they were told not to? They probably did that intentionally.

He might have been seen more favourably by the fans if it was a surprise.

Once the numbers were getting into the late 20's, fans would be getting impatient for DB, put the surprise return of Batista at 29 and a lot of fans would have forgotten all about DB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I could see RVD making an appearance. Jericho wouldn't surprise me as he likes to be involved in Mania season.

I also think Joe will debut at the Rumble.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wouldn't mind a biker Taker American badass appearance and of course Christian too :p

I'm going to go for four categories and I liked the shout on here to fill my 2nd one so im using it

NXTer / sorta debuting on the main roster: Sami Zayn
    Fondly remembered former midcar Hurricane Helms
    returning legend / upcoming HOFer perhaps: Vader
    Big name surprise / Debut: AJ Styles

doubt that'd happen but they would have my attention throughout with these guys making appearance plus what they already have going on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm going to go for four categories and I liked the shout on here to fill my 2nd one so im using it

doubt that'd happen but they would have my attention throughout with these guys making appearance plus what they already have going on

Aj styles the last big name never in wwe. Will he be in nxt or straight to the main roster

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Aj styles the last big name never in wwe. Will he be in nxt or straight to the main roster

There is another thread where such things are being discussed but He could appear in the Rumble and then debut in NXT until they have a plan for him on the main roster.

I don't think we'll see an NXTer in this year's Rumble tbh, but if we do I'd say Samoa Joe is probably the most likely. I think Zayn will stay on NXT for a while yet.

As for a fondly remembered midcarder Hurricane would be a good choice. Someone mentioned Steve Blackman earlier. I liked Blackman in WWE but I don't think he'd be remembered well enough to get a big pop tbh. For this category Morrison would still be my first choice.

Vader seems likely to be inducted into the HOF this year. I'd enjoy a Rumble appearance from him. Jake Roberts and Goldberg would also get great reactions imo.

I actually think we will see AJ debut in the Rumble, and a good performance from him would make this Rumble a memorable one.

While the winner of the Rumble match doesn't intrigue me as much since the announcement on Raw, the potential returns are still keeping me interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Dazzmondo wrote: »
    I don't think we'll see an NXTer in this year's Rumble tbh, but if we do I'd say Samoa Joe is probably the most likely. I think Zayn will stay on NXT for a while yet.

As for a fondly remembered midcarder Hurricane would be a good choice. Someone mentioned Steve Blackman earlier. I liked Blackman in WWE but I don't think he'd be remembered well enough to get a big pop tbh. For this category Morrison would still be my first choice.

Vader seems likely to be inducted into the HOF this year. I'd enjoy a Rumble appearance from him. Jake Roberts and Goldberg would also get great reactions imo.

I actually think we will see AJ debut in the Rumble, and a good performance from him would make this Rumble a memorable one.

While the winner of the Rumble match doesn't intrigue me as much since the announcement on Raw, the potential returns are still keeping me interested.

It's in Orlando and the main roster is depleted. It isn't a question of will any NXT guys be there, it's just who and how many imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is Hurricane not in TNA in some capacity or other?

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's in Orlando and the main roster is depleted. It isn't a question of will any NXT guys be there, it's just who and how many imo.

Try to make a list of all the guys for the Rumble match and you'd be surprised how difficult it is to make space for new guys. There are actually a lot of guys on the roster, it's just so many of them have been booked terribly. Remember you have all of the Wyatt Family, all of the LON, and probably all of the Social Outcasts now. That's 12 spots gone immediately, plus Reigns, Lesnar, Cena, Big Show, Ryback, Kalisto, Jericho, Ziggler, etc. Then you potentially have champions like New Day (who Jericho heavily suggested would be in the Rumble), Ambrose, potentially Kevin Owens. Then there are guys like Stardust, R-Truth, Jack Swagger, Goldust, the Dudleys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

PTH2009 wrote: »

That's doing a disservice to his random jobber appearance back in the 00's.

Advertisement