Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another series of 'Arrested Development'... and a movie!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

So excited that its coming back. Was travelling across America when it was announced and all I wanted to do was watch them all so when I got to Sydney, I watched them all :)

I wonder could it be the case though, if the ratings are just huge on each episode would they consider making more episodes or will they stick to the 8 episodes/movies? I hope everyone gets behind it this time as i was so gutted when it was cancelled!

LOL re Tobias...I am picturing him covered in blue paint and saying "I just blue myself" haha

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mister_h

"I'm beginning to think that no one in this family has even seen a Chicken"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I would prefer if they just made more seasons than a movie but can't complain I guess.
    Best show ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Apparently each of the episodes is going to focus on a single character. Doesnt sound awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, the single-character idea to me suggests this is to accommodate the actors & completely avoid the pain of synchronizing schedules. Reunions like this are usually hell for production for that reason - getting all the cast together at the same time, for an extended period can be very difficult - and expensive. This gets around that problem in that you can shoot each episode independent of each other. Screams cheap-ass webisodes really.

It could still be good & I certainly wouldn't dismiss its prospects but let's face it - part of Arrested Development's genius was the snappy interplay of its leads. I hope the other cast are still part of these stories & it's not just "Character X gets up to wacky adventures going to the shops"

NO TOUCHING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My friends are always banging on about this, how the more you watch it, you pick up on missed jokes and stuff,, and the amount of times I've heard this ''BEEDS'' joke. I remember watching it(every now and then) years ago on tv3.

Really considering watching all of it now. Might just..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

and the amount of times I've heard this ''BEEDS'' joke.
    Bees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/mitch-hurwitz-talks-arrested-development-20.html

The Arrested Development reunion took another step toward reality on Tuesday when creator Mitch Hurwitz and several members of the cast appeared onstage together at a Netflix-sponsored event in Las Vegas. Speaking on the floor of the National Association of Broadcasters convention, Netflix chief Ted Sarandos confirmed that all ten episodes of Arrested's long-awaited fourth season will premiere together on a single day sometime next year. Hurwitz also confirmed that production is set to begin this summer, but he also dropped a new nugget of information about what form the Arrested revival will take.
    Originally, Hurwitz's plan had been to make the revival like an anthology, with each episode telling a somewhat self-contained story about a specific character. "That is now kind of evolving into becoming more like the old show again," Hurwitz told a packed house of conventioneers, who politely applauded the introduction of other Netflix offerings (such as David Fincher and Kevin Spacey's House of Cards), but exploded at the mention of Arrested and the arrival of cast members Will Arnett, David Cross, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter. The reason for the change: Hurwitz sees a chance to tweak the show's format to take advantage of the fact that the full ten-episode season will debut at once, rather than over two-and-a-half months. "There's something exciting about trying to break the form again," he said.

While Hurwitz didn't elaborate on just how he'll do this, he indicated it might be related to the way the writers deliver red herrings and other surprises to viewers (think back to season one, when Jason Bateman's girlfriend turned out to not be blind). "There's going to be some mystery sprinkled throughout this [but] instead of watching one a week and try to get ahead of it, the hope is [fans] will watch them all together and then go back and look for clues and connections," Hurwitz explained. "We'd also like to use the technology to provide additional material, where you might be able to access another part of the story." As for the fact that any big end-of-season twists will likely be floating around the interwebs within a few hours of the show's Netflix debut, Hurwitz doesn't seem too concerned, noting that movies (such as The Cabin in the Woods) have successfully battled a similar situation. Plus, he said, "It's comedy. The twists really aren't as important as the characters."

Hurwitz and the cast made no mention onstage of the rumored Arrested Development movie that's been expected to follow the TV revival. He did, however, say he'd very much be open to a season five or six on Netflix. "We would love this to be the first first of many visits," Hurwitz said. He also confirmed that Showtime, currently run by former Arrested exec producer David Nevins, had been in serious talks to acquire the show, but that ultimately Netflix offered a more interesting business model, as well as a base of already-loyal Arrested viewers. "The show's audience has grown over the last six years because of [viewers streaming it]," Hurwitz said. "It's been like putting jokes in a bottle and then having them come back years later to say, 'Ha ha.'"

A few other random notes from Tuesday's Netflix and Arrested session:

• Bob Loblaw will return. "We will bring him back," Hurwitz told Vulture when we asked a question from the studio audience. (Per Netflix's insistence, Hurwitz wasn't doing one-on-one chats). "It's kind of a one-joke thing. But if you guys don't mind bringing it back, we'll give it to you." (For the record, the audience reacted with strong applause to the idea of a Loblaw appearance in season four).

• Hurwitz mildly embarrassed Shawkat by reminding her that Cera was her first-ever kiss. "I've kissed a lot of people since then," Shawkat jokingly shot back.

• Advertisement

Bump.... yay yay yay yay yay yay!
    'Arrested Development' season four to begin filming in four weeks
    Published Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 19:52 BST | By Tom Eames

Arrested Development will begin shooting its upcoming fourth season in four weeks.

The cult Fox comedy starring Jason Bateman is being revived for a new season by Netflix, and will air in 2013.

rexfeatures_514904h.jpg

Bateman tweeted a photo of himself with the show's producer and narrator Ron Howard and series creator Mitch Hurwitz.

He wrote: "Taken at AD mission control, today! All systems are go. Filming for the new episodes starts in four weeks. Woo!"

ustv_arrested_development_jason_bateman_1.jpg

Howard later tweeted his own photo of Hurwitz in the writer's room, saying: "Arrested Development for Netflix. IT'S ALIVE. This is what the writer's room looks like."

The new episodes will also air exclusively on Netflix in the UK next year.

The show's star Tony Hale recently revealed that the new episodes will take place in the present day, rather than immediately after the previous season.
    Source

* does chicken dance *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well this is joyous news!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Good excuse to start at episode 1 season 1 again. Its been a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭recyclops

STEVE HOLT \0/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh yeah yeah yeah sure, the guy with the $5000 suit is going to believe it's actually happening...

COME ON!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well this is joyous news!

Tastes kind of like sad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

cack ca caw cack ca caw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭recyclops

They are NOT making a huge mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I hope they give everyones favourite analrapist plenty of new juicy boners to get his mouth around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I just blue myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

*checks date* not april 1st?

GASP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

I will subscribe to Netflix just for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I got the worst fcukin' attorneys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

allanb49 wrote: »
    cack ca caw cack ca caw

CHICKENS DON'T CLAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    CHICKENS DON'T CLAP!

Coo Coo Ca CHAAAAA

From Jason Bateman's Twitter over the weekend...

Untitled_203.jpg

Tweet / Bigger shot of Photo #1 | Tweet / Bigger shot of Photo #2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The cast of Arrested Development have reunited for the first day of filming on a new series of the formerly-cancelled sitcom.

Star Jason Bateman tweeted a picture from the set, commenting: "First day. Away we go..."

All 10 of the principal cast, including Portia De Rossi, Michael Cera and Will Arnett, will return in the new series.

The comedy series was cancelled by TV network Fox in 2006. It has since been resurrected by pay-TV service Netflix.

The sitcom tells the story of the spoiled, wealthy Bluth family who lose everything when their father is sent to prison - and the one son who tries to hold them together.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19178779

I just blue myself out of excitement..... :eek: It's just one of those things that nobody thought would ever actually happen, a few years back anyway.

Hmmm..

.. am I the only one to see that the photo linked to by Bateman looks like it's from the Workaholics set.. both Adam DeVine and Anders Holm are in that photo.

Maybe they're both featuring..

Azt4xaeCIAAVTtD.jpg

EDIT: Never mind.. there's the answer!

Azt4xaeCIAAVTtD_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I will subscribe to Netflix just for this.
    I think I read they're releasing them all at once, so I hope the one month trial covers them over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

This made me even more excited for the new episodes. Love John Slattery!

• Advertisement

Source

Henry Winkler, Judy Greer and Scott Baio all returning plus a cameo appearance from Ron Howard

The return of Bob Loblaw's law blog?
    :D

*must ... contain... expectations...*

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

I am so, so excited! I only started watching AD in August, but I now own the complete series boxset and have watched all the seasons twice! I cannot WAIT for the new season! I've also heard that they're considering doing a 5th, and possibly a 6th season if the 4th one does well. I am hoping for more of Frankelin, the chicken dance, and the blue man group personally :P

david-cross-arrested-development-season-4.jpg

And here is an amazing picture of Tobias :P

Isla Fisher and Terry Crews will guest-star on the fourth season of the dysfunctional family comedy, Zap2it.com reports. There's no word on who they will be playing, but they've already started shooting their scenes, according to the site.

Excellent.. I really like Terry Crews, so this is excellent news.

We now have a confirmed date of May 4th for all 14 episodes to arrive on Netflix!
    Arrested Development is set to return in 2013.

The series will premiere its fourth season on Netflix on May 4, reports Collider.

However, all 14 episodes of season four will be premiered at once rather than showing a new episode each week.

Each of the 14 episodes apparently are named after one of the show's characters.

Earlier this month, it was reported that production on the series was postponed due to showrunner Mitch Hurwitz adding more episodes into the upcoming season.

Arrested Development was originally set to film ten episodes.
    Source: DigitalSpy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Out just in time for my birthday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Basq wrote: »
    We now have a confirmed date of May 4th for all 14 episodes to arrive on Netflix!

chIGp.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

According to an update on this article, a Netflix rep has said that the May 4th premiere is incorrect:

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Arrested-Development-Season-4-Premiere-Date-Set-May-2013-50905.html

On the plus side, it seems that the the US and UK will receive the episodes at the same time, for those that are unable or unwilling to access the US catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    On the plus side, it seems that the the US and UK will receive the episodes at the same time, for those that are unable or unwilling to access the US catalogue.
    How is it really a plus though? People here use Netflix Ireland not Netflix UK so we could still find ourselves without episodes.

ixoy wrote: »
    How is it really a plus though? People here use Netflix Ireland not Netflix UK so we could still find ourselves without episodes.

Netflix UK and Ireland are the same thing, we share the same content.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Netflix UK and Ireland are the same thing, we share the same content.
    Really? I thought we had even less than them. Just signed up today and there's not a huge amount there...

ixoy wrote: »
    Really? I thought we had even less than them. Just signed up today and there's not a huge amount there...

Nope, it's exactly the same. I look at Netflix as a content discovery platform rather then something I go to when looking to find a particular film or TV show and I get a good bit of mileage out of it. The annoying thing about it though is that much of the content is hidden so to speak and the only way of finding it is to search for it, which defeats the point if you don't know what to watch. There's a website which lists everything on the UK Netflix as well as what's new and what's expiring soon but I don't know it off hand (it's www.instantwatcher.com for US and Canada).

Admittedly there is a far better and larger selection on the US version and there's usually something to watch at any given time so I'd recommend gaining access to the US catalogue (talk of how to do that is a no-no around here nowadays but it's pretty simple). I usually jump between the two of them as certain content will be on one but not the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If I sign up for the Netflix free month trial on the day (sneaky sneaky) will this be available? :D

BopNiblets wrote: »
    If I sign up for the Netflix free month trial on the day (sneaky sneaky) will this be available? :D
    Yep, should be.

Have used my trial up long ago but will re-subscribe for the month for this alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Hope it appears on netflix soon,cant wait for this wached every season I dont know how many times.Seems to be alot of cameos hope it doesnt take away from the show.

For people worrying about paying for netflix dont forget "Theres always money in the banana stand"

Netflix would be a smart target for hackers looking for credit card details over the few days from the new season's release. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I will gladly pay for a netflix subscription to get new episodes of AD!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kate08

Been re watching it recently and its just made me more excited :D

Would have expected even a trailer (or even a sniff of new footage) by now! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement