Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another series of 'Arrested Development'... and a movie!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

You better not be lying to the guy IN THE $3,000 SUIT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    You better not be lying to the guy IN THE $3,000 SUIT!!!

COME ON!

Mindkiller wrote: »
    ^^No hotlinking you filthy newfag

Surely this counts as personal abuse.

If not, surely it counts as pure idiocy and should be punished accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Surely this counts as personal abuse.

If not, surely it counts as pure idiocy and should be punished accordingly.
    The term 'newfag' isn't homophobic, at least when used in this context.

Phaser's post originally linked an image from 4chan, but you can't hotlink to that site. The suffix 'fag' is used a lot on that site, but very rarely used in a homophobic context, hence my using it.

But I'll edit it out if it caused offence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god damn summerfags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Can not wait for it, am going to go and watch all the episodes again.

It is a good idea to have both episodes and the movie, there would have been too much material to cover in a film.

Hopefully we see the return of some of the side characters such as Barry, Bob Loblaw, Anne, Carl Weathers, Maggie Lizer, Annyong, Kitty, Lucille 2, Steve Holt, Gene Parmesan, J Walter Weatherman, Wayne Jarvis, and my two favourites Mrs Featherbottom and Franklin Delano Bluth.

I have such high hopes for this return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

This news is solid.

Solid as Iraq.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

80396abc-4407-4627-85af-26c14943aff8_thumb.jpg

It worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

The whole 100 min reunion thing is on Facebook (which I odn't have)

I wonder can someone rip it (with Firefox addon DownloadHelper or something) and put it online? :pac:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-entire-100-minute-arrested-development-bluth-family-reunion/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,792 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BopNiblets wrote: »
    The whole 100 min reunion thing is on Facebook (which I odn't have)

I wonder can someone rip it (with Firefox addon DownloadHelper or something) and put it online? :pac:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-entire-100-minute-arrested-development-bluth-family-reunion/
    Yeah, waiting for direct download.

Powered by BrightCove Player? Never heard of it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Any sign of that whole panel yet?

amacachi wrote: »
    Any sign of that whole panel yet?
    2 posts up.. how'd ya miss that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Good god I can't wait, just watched the first episode again !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mister_h

Is anyone else extremely excited about the fact that Arrested Development is coming back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

mister_h wrote: »
    Is anyone else extremely excited about the fact that Arrested Development is coming back?

Huh? Elaborate? Link?

Don't get me excited for nothing!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

They announced a good while ago, 12 new episodes and a film, shooting in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

mayordenis wrote: »
    They announced a good while ago, 12 new episodes and a film, shooting in 2012.

:eek:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32520

Apparently an 8 episode season with each episode focusing on one character and then a movie!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Obama%2BBring%2BBack%2BArrested%2BDevelopment%2B-%2BDone%2BAnd%2BDone.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Went back and watched it all again when I heard the news

Really can't wait now

Even if it was the same standard as S3 I'd be happy. It wasn't as good but still had some ridiculously funny moments

The Tobias hair plug story is brilliant. (Trying not to laugh in work now thinking of him falling out of the wheelchair)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

So excited that its coming back. Was travelling across America when it was announced and all I wanted to do was watch them all so when I got to Sydney, I watched them all :)

I wonder could it be the case though, if the ratings are just huge on each episode would they consider making more episodes or will they stick to the 8 episodes/movies? I hope everyone gets behind it this time as i was so gutted when it was cancelled!

LOL re Tobias...I am picturing him covered in blue paint and saying "I just blue myself" haha

"I'm beginning to think that no one in this family has even seen a Chicken"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I would prefer if they just made more seasons than a movie but can't complain I guess.
    Best show ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Apparently each of the episodes is going to focus on a single character. Doesnt sound awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, the single-character idea to me suggests this is to accommodate the actors & completely avoid the pain of synchronizing schedules. Reunions like this are usually hell for production for that reason - getting all the cast together at the same time, for an extended period can be very difficult - and expensive. This gets around that problem in that you can shoot each episode independent of each other. Screams cheap-ass webisodes really.

It could still be good & I certainly wouldn't dismiss its prospects but let's face it - part of Arrested Development's genius was the snappy interplay of its leads. I hope the other cast are still part of these stories & it's not just "Character X gets up to wacky adventures going to the shops"

NO TOUCHING!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My friends are always banging on about this, how the more you watch it, you pick up on missed jokes and stuff,, and the amount of times I've heard this ''BEEDS'' joke. I remember watching it(every now and then) years ago on tv3.

Really considering watching all of it now. Might just..

and the amount of times I've heard this ''BEEDS'' joke.
    Bees?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/mitch-hurwitz-talks-arrested-development-20.html

The Arrested Development reunion took another step toward reality on Tuesday when creator Mitch Hurwitz and several members of the cast appeared onstage together at a Netflix-sponsored event in Las Vegas. Speaking on the floor of the National Association of Broadcasters convention, Netflix chief Ted Sarandos confirmed that all ten episodes of Arrested's long-awaited fourth season will premiere together on a single day sometime next year. Hurwitz also confirmed that production is set to begin this summer, but he also dropped a new nugget of information about what form the Arrested revival will take.
    Originally, Hurwitz's plan had been to make the revival like an anthology, with each episode telling a somewhat self-contained story about a specific character. "That is now kind of evolving into becoming more like the old show again," Hurwitz told a packed house of conventioneers, who politely applauded the introduction of other Netflix offerings (such as David Fincher and Kevin Spacey's House of Cards), but exploded at the mention of Arrested and the arrival of cast members Will Arnett, David Cross, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter. The reason for the change: Hurwitz sees a chance to tweak the show's format to take advantage of the fact that the full ten-episode season will debut at once, rather than over two-and-a-half months. "There's something exciting about trying to break the form again," he said.

While Hurwitz didn't elaborate on just how he'll do this, he indicated it might be related to the way the writers deliver red herrings and other surprises to viewers (think back to season one, when Jason Bateman's girlfriend turned out to not be blind). "There's going to be some mystery sprinkled throughout this [but] instead of watching one a week and try to get ahead of it, the hope is [fans] will watch them all together and then go back and look for clues and connections," Hurwitz explained. "We'd also like to use the technology to provide additional material, where you might be able to access another part of the story." As for the fact that any big end-of-season twists will likely be floating around the interwebs within a few hours of the show's Netflix debut, Hurwitz doesn't seem too concerned, noting that movies (such as The Cabin in the Woods) have successfully battled a similar situation. Plus, he said, "It's comedy. The twists really aren't as important as the characters."

Hurwitz and the cast made no mention onstage of the rumored Arrested Development movie that's been expected to follow the TV revival. He did, however, say he'd very much be open to a season five or six on Netflix. "We would love this to be the first first of many visits," Hurwitz said. He also confirmed that Showtime, currently run by former Arrested exec producer David Nevins, had been in serious talks to acquire the show, but that ultimately Netflix offered a more interesting business model, as well as a base of already-loyal Arrested viewers. "The show's audience has grown over the last six years because of [viewers streaming it]," Hurwitz said. "It's been like putting jokes in a bottle and then having them come back years later to say, 'Ha ha.'"

A few other random notes from Tuesday's Netflix and Arrested session:

• Bob Loblaw will return. "We will bring him back," Hurwitz told Vulture when we asked a question from the studio audience. (Per Netflix's insistence, Hurwitz wasn't doing one-on-one chats). "It's kind of a one-joke thing. But if you guys don't mind bringing it back, we'll give it to you." (For the record, the audience reacted with strong applause to the idea of a Loblaw appearance in season four).

• Hurwitz mildly embarrassed Shawkat by reminding her that Cera was her first-ever kiss. "I've kissed a lot of people since then," Shawkat jokingly shot back.

• Advertisement

Bump.... yay yay yay yay yay yay!
    'Arrested Development' season four to begin filming in four weeks
    Published Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 19:52 BST | By Tom Eames

Arrested Development will begin shooting its upcoming fourth season in four weeks.

The cult Fox comedy starring Jason Bateman is being revived for a new season by Netflix, and will air in 2013.

rexfeatures_514904h.jpg

Bateman tweeted a photo of himself with the show's producer and narrator Ron Howard and series creator Mitch Hurwitz.

He wrote: "Taken at AD mission control, today! All systems are go. Filming for the new episodes starts in four weeks. Woo!"

ustv_arrested_development_jason_bateman_1.jpg

Howard later tweeted his own photo of Hurwitz in the writer's room, saying: "Arrested Development for Netflix. IT'S ALIVE. This is what the writer's room looks like."

The new episodes will also air exclusively on Netflix in the UK next year.

The show's star Tony Hale recently revealed that the new episodes will take place in the present day, rather than immediately after the previous season.
    Source

* does chicken dance *

Advertisement