Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craft-beers Pubs Meet-up for Christmas?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll post an up-to-date picture tomorrow or Thursday and ye can look out for my devilishly handsome face when ye get there. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'll post an up-to-date picture tomorrow or Thursday and ye can look out for my devilishly handsome face when ye get there. :cool:

Let me do that for you.

sexy-sloth-goonies-demotivational-poster-1218284213.jpg

Insect Overlord, bringing it back.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Im gonna pop along, bout time i showed my face at a beers, apart from Athletics foum. Il be at a party in Clohessys from earl evening on but the minute the free drink runs out which will be fast, il pop along

Il know no-one to see so if eclectic could talk as loudly in her tallaght accent for a while, it should help me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

If ye want aswell, if you are going and don't know anyone - if you PM me I'll give you my number to help you find us.

Yes, thats to help you find us..

NOT FOR SEXEH TIME!!!! /Looks at IO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have 8 X Shepherd Neame for the lot going Friday night. These are in the car and will soon be in the fridge awaiting you. Bear in mind these are FREE and my Christmas gift to you lot. Only if you turn up at the Blind Pig though. ;)

It's also quite important to note that Friday is my birthday and I am sacrificing a night home with the missus to come with you lot to drink Non Alcoholic beer. :(

e3e6b221.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

but im not drinking :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Have 8 X Shepherd Neame for the lot going Friday night. These are in the car and will soon be in the fridge awaiting you. Bear in mind these are FREE and my Christmas gift to you lot. Only if you turn up at the Blind Pig though. ;)

It's also quite important to note that Friday is my birthday and I am sacrificing a night home with the missus to come with you lot to drink Non Alcoholic beer. :(

quick one BB, given that i'd like to try one or two different beers friday night, well, obvious really, does the whole "bad idea mixing drinks" apply? i'd prefer to wake up with a fresh head in the morning with none of the adverse side effect normally associated with a bad pint of guinness even! basically if you could recommend a safe starter for a newbie? :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    quick one BB, given that i'd like to try one or two different beers friday night, well, obvious really, does the whole "bad idea mixing drinks" apply? i'd prefer to wake up with a fresh head in the morning with none of the adverse side effect normally associated with a bad pint of guinness even! basically if you could recommend a safe starter for a newbie? :D

Mixing drinks only really applies if you are going from stout to lager to cider to spirits to etc etc.

You can move between premium products without too much problems. Your only issue will be the strength of them as far as I'm concerned. The one in the Picture is 6.5%.

Starter drink in The Locke - if that's where we start would be O'Haras Irish Red if you want to be all Irish about it or to start with a crowd pleaser try to Old Speckled Hen.

For those who want something special in th Locke bar that you won't find in very many places(subject to them having it) is the Molly's Chocolate Stout. :D

chocolate you say? well, if you're going to try something 'different', lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

chocolate you say? well, if you're going to try something 'different', lol :D

Not a fan of the chocolate, tried some of a mates before and found it almost too chocolaty.

• Advertisement

Mr Baron kind sir...where along the way will i be able to get some NA erdinger?

Red Ale and Pale Ales are the nicest for those trying something different for the first time.

Stick with me. That's what I will be drinking. I don't know about the Locke or O'Connells as they are not my customer directly. They might have Paulaner Non Alcoholic as it's supplied by Heineken so should be everywhere I'm not selling to.

Stick with me. That's what I will be drinking. I don't know about the Locke or O'Connells as they are not my customer directly. They might have Paulaner Non Alcoholic as it's supplied by Heineken so should be everywhere I'm not selling to.

Sweeeeet cheers man

Red Ale and Pale Ales are the nicest for those trying something different for the first time.

hmm, when i think of red ale i think of smithwicks, my old man used drink it, could never hack the taste myself, always so much more bitter than guinness, although nowadays guinness more and more commonly is being brewed with that 'more bitter' taste, hence why the search to find a drink that goes down easier... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭adaminho

Definately in Mickeys anyway, and Bourke's.

Right whats the starting time and place so....i need to work out logistics and get my people to talk to other people...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Locke, staying there from 19:30 - 20:15?

Sweet as...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Awwwww man, that's some fast drinking! I sure hope they do girly-size bottles or It's gonna be a long Saturday.... :p

I gotta say I'm dying to try me an Erdinger Snowbeer (it sounds so cute! And I love me some Erdinger...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I gotta say I'm dying to try me an Erdinger Snowbeer (it sounds so cute! And I love me some Erdinger...)

It's pretty nice ,most offy's are doing 2 for a fiver at the moment.

Ah, sure we might as well stay there for the hour so. :)
    Are we making it 4 pubs so?

Ah, sure we might as well stay there for the hour so. :)
    Are we making it 4 pubs so?

as long as we dont end up in D'Icon or D'Lane im happy...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

as long as we dont end up in D'Icon or D'Lane im happy...

I'll be D'isappointed if I D'ont end up in D'Icon... I'm looking forward to a bitta D'ancing!

(Would probably prefer Costellos though if I have to anywhere)

I'll be D'isappointed if I D'ont end up in D'Icon... I'm looking forward to a bitta D'ancing!

Ill second Costellos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ill second Costellos...

I've terrible drunken memories of Costelloes from last weekend.. :p

The Blind Pig has a door charge depending on the time btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Costellos ftw

ALL TO COSTEES! :D

The Blind Pig has a door charge depending on the time btw.

Not going to be a problem. Spoke to the Manager 10 minutes ago.

RE: Costelloes.

DAMN. I wish I was drinking tomorrow night. Damn it to hell. :( Have to leave with a clear head in the morning for Waterford...................:(

We'll arrange another one for another time when you can drink so BB :)

Can we also do a checklist on who is going?

So far there is:
    XiledSniper
    Insect Overlord
    Beer Baron
    the drifter
    TestTransmission
    Alaskimo-cake
    eclectichoney

Anyone I forgot? :P

Kess are you going?

• Advertisement

I expect you guys to take care of Sniper when you are out. I don't want to hear stories of how she had a bad night. She will have spent hours on her latest girly look, and will be in need of compliments. And no cracks about her height, she cannot help it if she is destined to stay shorter than this Kess.:)

So far there is:
    XiledSniper
    Insect Overlord
    Beer Baron
    the drifter
    TestTransmission
    Alaskimo-cake
    eclectichoney

Kess are you going?

I may lose my anonymity at some point, but not tomorrow little sweetie. :p

So far there is:
    XiledSniper
    Insect Overlord
    Beer Baron
    the drifter
    TestTransmission
    Alaskimo-cake
    eclectichoney

metamorphosis and adaminho, I think!

metamorphosis and adaminho, I think!

Myself and I think Zuroph will be along too.

So far there is:
    XiledSniper
    Insect Overlord
    Beer Baron
    the drifter
    TestTransmission
    Alaskimo-cake
    eclectichoney

Kess are you going?

*slowly raises hand in the back of the crowd*... :o

i've just never been to costelloes so i'd no idea where ye were all talking about... :D

Appologies!

XiledSniper
    Insect Overlord
    Beer Baron
    the drifter
    TestTransmission
    Alaskimo-cake
    eclectichoney
    xsiborg
    metamorphosis
    adaminho

List updated.

Looking forward to this now.....

Appologies!

XiledSniper
    Insect Overlord
    Beer Baron
    the drifter
    TestTransmission
    Alaskimo-cake
    eclectichoney
    xsiborg
    metamorphosis
    adaminho

List updated.

*cough cough, post 135 cough cough

XiledSniper
    Insect Overlord
    Beer Baron
    the drifter
    TestTransmission
    Alaskimo-cake
    eclectichoney
    metamorphosis
    adaminho
    source
    zuroph
    xsiborg

Anyone else?

i've just never been to costelloes so i'd no idea where ye were all talking about... :D

It's the kind of place where time and a sense of smell forgot all about. You're not missing much really.......................................well maybe "The Cage". :D

Regarding tomorrow
    for those drinking and/or just want a lift. I am coming in from Newport so can pick any folks up along the way. It might make it easier on people having a person to walk in with in case you don't know anybodies faces.

• Advertisement

It's the kind of place where time and a sense of smell forgot all about. You're not missing much really.......................................well maybe "The Cage". :D

Regarding tomorrow for those drinking and/or just want a lift. I am coming in from Newport so can pick any folks up along the way. It might make it easier on people having a person to walk in with in case you don't know anybodies faces.

have to say- fair play BB, you've really gone out of your way on this one! :)

have to say- fair play BB, you've really gone out of your way on this one! :)

I didn't organise this so credit where credit is due to whoever decided on the "craft beer walk"

well, i just meant about organising the complimentary drink and waiving the door charge at the blind pig, then offering people a lift in... course all the info too about the craft beers themselves... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

depending on how i'm doing for time, we might take you up on a lift BB.

I'm not 100% if I'm coming yet, but I'll hopefully be along with d ladyfriend :)

zuroph wrote: »
    depending on how i'm doing for time, we might take you up on a lift BB.

I'm not 100% if I'm coming yet, but I'll hopefully be along with d ladyfriend :)

Which one now? :D

Which one now? :D

Actually yeah, which one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

there's one contending quite well to be the only one at the moment. :)

flag_of_Finland.gif ?????

zuroph wrote: »
    there's one contending quite well to be the only one at the moment. :)

what-is-it-about-20-somethings.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Wow, good crowd there. Have to head to a going away party tomorrow night but would have gone out with ye otherwise.

I'll keep an eye out for people that look like they are from the internet anyway.

Advertisement